Special Delivery - Letters & Other Correspondence

A look into the lives of some not particularly great people just trying not die.

Moderators: Bart Fitzroy, Dillon T Jones, Coydog

Coydog
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Marvelous Mrs. Fitzroy

Special Delivery - Letters & Other Correspondence

Post by Coydog »

(A place for characters to text, write, or communicate via pigeon with one another. Whatever the mode, get to talking!)
Coydog
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Special Delivery - Letters & Other Correspondence

Post by Coydog »

For lack of a phone, Coydog jotted a note down to Shelby as she sipped her morning coffee.

Hi there, Miss Monaro!

This is Coydog, the woman who needed some robots moved. I apologize for my abrupt leaving last night, but I am an early bird and it was past my bedtime. I digress. There are, currently, two hundred and fifty robots. I had overestimated how many had actually "survived" the trip to Rhy'Din. You said sixty per trip + fuel right? I can do that, but I was also wondering if you were up for bartering. If any of the following is useful to you, just let me know. If not, I completely understand and will happily pay your fee.

What I have for trade that isn't cigarettes or guns:

(Unspent) Microfusion Cells - 150 qty
(Unspent) Energy Cells - 125 qty
(Unspent) Borked Securitrons - 75 qty
(Unspent) Fission batteries - 115 qty
(Unspent) Electron Charge Packs - 140 qty
Sensor Modules - 13 qty
A teddy bear - 1 qty
A box of scrap electronics
A bombed out Corvega. The nuclear engine is still intact. Might be haunted.

Enclosed are my steadiest address and my husband's phone number. Looking forward to doing business together.

Regards,

Coydog

The letter, with its tight, utilitarian handwriting, was stuffed into an envelope and delivered on her morning route, retirement be damned. You could take the girl out couriering but you couldn't take couriering out of the girl.
Shelby
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Shelby »

The reply didn't take long. It may have been on Coydog's way back from Brno Beach that a messenger on an old Indian motorcycle caught up with her, rifling through the Hello Kitty bags that held his ammunition, his adrenaline shots, and his Pound Puppies collection, until he found the one that held all of his mail. The letter was written in an engineer's handwriting -- all capital letters, all uniformly sized to fit neatly onto graph paper, a little small.

Coydog,

It's no problem. Thanks for following up.

I made a few calls last night to check what's available, and I can secure a cargo plane and co-pilot so we can make it three trips instead.

Terms are good. Keep the teddy bear - I got a Bulbasaur to keep me company. His name's Bubba.

Give me a time and a location and I'll sort out the other details on my end. I can be ready in as little as 48 hours. Deliveries depend on distance, but with a co-pilot, won't have to worry about sleep.

Shelby Monaro
Coydog
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Coydog »

Tired and achy, her feet screaming for her to please just sit the fuck down, The Courier made her reply her last delivery of the day.

Good evening, Miss Monaro!

Excellent news to round out my day, so thank you kindly. I've included a map, along with coordinates. It's one hundred and fifty miles, or approximately 241 kilometres if ya nasty. I'll have a friend waiting on the receiving end. His name is Boone, he's just darling, and he's been given a heads up. I will have the trade items boxed up for you upon arrival to the pick up point. (Save the car for obvious reasons, and the bear. I do not know what a bulbasaur is, but I am sure it's a wonderful friend.) You have my gratitude, and not just because my husband will shit a brick if he stumbles across my robot army. It's not a conversation I would like to have, so thank you.

Regards,

Coydog

Return to “No Rest for These Bones”