Still Good

A collection of pure trash from an extended family of alien weirdos.

Moderators: Ed, Abby

Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Still Good

Post by Mist Gul »

Mist spent the better part of a day prowling through an old junkyard, grim and dirty and just getting more and more greasy as he climbed through stacks of cars and trucks.

"Yanno, if you could just tell me what you wanted," one of the dealers asked, haplessly following the elf on his quest.

"It must be big. And sturdy. It must be powerful. It must be able to work as an ambulance or an evacuation vehicle," Mist rattled off. The junk dealer exhaled. That didn't narrow it down much, but it did take the smaller cars off the plate.

"What about this?" the man offered, showing Mist a worse for the wear Ford Flex. Mist regarded it thoughtfully but then paused. He could see it through the Flex's broken out windshield.

It was a glorious thing, huge, once possessing gracious lines and the echoes of class. He pointed it out.

"That? Uh. There's easier cars to start with, Mister," the dealer warned, "But it's a 1946 Mercury Woody. As far as I know, it's complete and there doesn't seem to be any body rust. It doesn't run."

"Then it's still good," Mist decided, "How much?"

"Thirty thousand," the dealer replied quickly. Mist eyed him, then the Mercury.

"It has five thousand written on the front window."

"...There's nothing on th... oh. Damn it." the dealer squinted at the vehicle. Sometime in the past, someone had soaped $5000 across the front window, and of course the elf with his keen eyes could still see it.

"Five thousand. It doesn't appear to have a lot of interest, anyhow, and it will return some space," Mist pointed out. Muttering, the dealer could only agree.

"I'll write it up. But you'll have to get a wrecker for it," the man grumbled, "Cash!"

"Cash," Mist agreed mildly, pulling out his phone. He smiled and dialed a number in the Kabuki District.

Soon enough, the wrecker pulled up to Greensmith Restorations.

"Make it beautiful again, please," Mist asked Ed with a bright smile.

Return to “Cult of the Koozebane”