Challenge for Cadentia (Madness Grant)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Challenge for Cadentia (Madness Grant)

Post by BardGallant »

Most Esteemed Mrs. Anderson,

As you are likely well aware, I have recently been gifted a challenge grant from this year’s Madness champion, our good friend, the gentleman known as gatito. The politics of this dear sport do not much interest me, but it would be incredibly rude of me not to utilize this grant.

I have fond memories of Cadentia, having attended last year’s Desert Sky Festival and vacationing for the weekend at the Riad Alhazu with the love of my life, Rhys Germain. I would like to take this opportunity to earn myself a summer home at the villa, so that Rhys and I might make many more delightful memories together, and so I have decided to make use of this grant by challenging you.

I eagerly await your reply and look forward to meeting you in the ring.

With only the utmost respect and sincerity,

- Sheridan “Dris” Driscol
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Cadentia (Madness Grant)

Post by Conner Reid »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holder's acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

Dris,

Congratulations on the grant. Cadentia's getting hot so I likely won't be spending as much time here so this comes at an opportune time. Challenge accepted. I'll be out of town this weekend but we can find some time after that to do this thing.

XOXO
Lil
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

To Whom It May Concern:

The Most Esteemed Mrs. Anderson and I have agreed to meet for this challenge on the evening of Sunday, the 9th of May, at 8:00 PM (EST). Her lovely ladyship, Ms. Octavia Tarracon has graciously offered her services as our referee for the evening. The presence of a trained healer, or an expert mixologist, would also be greatly appreciated.

- Dris
The Eighth Child
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by The Eighth Child »

The entire farm went! That is what witnesses are saying about the challenge for the Barony of Cadentia, which consisted of twenty heated rounds of outbuilding arson.

There were three baronesses present tonight. Ms. Skidspawn provided commentary, Miss Harker provided the coin for food and drink, while Ms. Anderson provided herself as the title's defender. She fought under a red and black banner with an ornate axe, and named John Cole as her second; while both houses Anderson and Cole stood as her people of honor.

The challenger, Mr. Sheridan Driscoll, fought under the banner of the Pansexual Pride Flag! His second was the aforementioned Ms. Harker, whom he serves as squire, and his man of honor was Mr. Rhys Germain, a gentleman who provided me with a lovely bottle of shiraz. Future challengers and challengees, my unbiased opinion is that you follow his example.

Mr. Driscoll found the lead in the first round, again in the third, and nearly never lost it! By the seventh round, he was only a point away from victory; but a breather in the eighth gave way to the start of a comeback in the ninth.

By the twelfth round, the Baroness had tied the score, and caused an error through the scoreboard in the lighting and sound systems called SUDDEN DEATH. It took seven rounds to resolve this technical issue, and another to close the match.

The Baroness succeeded in her defense, seven and a half points over Mr. Driscoll's six, and thus remains Ms. Lilith Anderson, Baroness of Cadentia. What superb stamina and sportsmanship, both of you!

Ring Sphinx 1: BardGallant scores! (FCP / TH | 1 - 0, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 2: Lilith Anderson scores! (LC / FCP | 1 - 1, Lilith Anderson and BardGallant.)
Ring Sphinx 3: BardGallant scores! (FSS / FLP | 2 - 1, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 4: BardGallant scores! (TH / LC | 3 - 1, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 5: No action this round. (FDU / FDU | 3 - 1, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 6: No action this round. (LC / LC | 3 - 1, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 7: BardGallant scores! (FLP / HC | 4 - 1, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 8: No action this round. (CP / FCP | 4 - 1, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 9: Lilith Anderson scores! (TH / FSS | 4 - 2, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 10: Lilith Anderson gains position. (HC / DU | 4 - 2.5, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 11: Lilith Anderson scores! (SH / LC | 4 - 3.5, BardGallant leads.)
Ring Sphinx 12: Lilith Anderson gains position. (LC / CP | 4 - 4, Lilith Anderson and BardGallant.)
Ring Sphinx 13: No action this round. (CP / SH | 4 - 4, Lilith Anderson and BardGallant.)
Ring Sphinx 14: Everybody scores! (TH / TH | 5 - 5, Lilith Anderson and BardGallant.)
Ring Sphinx 15: No action this round. (LC / LC | 5 - 5, BardGallant and Lilith Anderson.)
Ring Sphinx 16: Everybody scores! (TH / TH | 6 - 6, BardGallant and Lilith Anderson.)
Ring Sphinx 17: No action this round. (LC / LC | 6 - 6, Lilith Anderson and BardGallant.)
Ring Sphinx 18: No action this round. (LP / SH | 6 - 6, Lilith Anderson and BardGallant.)
Ring Sphinx 19: Lilith Anderson gains position. (CP / SS | 6 - 6.5, Lilith Anderson leads.)
Ring Sphinx 20: Lilith Anderson scores! (SH / LC | 6 - 7.5, Lilith Anderson leads.)
FINAL: Lilith Anderson def. BardGallant, 7.5 - 6 in 20 rounds. - dos

Return to “The Arena”