Challenge To The Overlord (2021 Winter Cycle All Ranks Tournament challenge grant)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Challenge To The Overlord (2021 Winter Cycle All Ranks Tournament challenge grant)

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A thick white sheet of parchment was tacked to the corkboard with a black and gold pushpin. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise left-handed script in black ink. A seal in black and gold wax with the impression in the wax of a panther head was at the bottom of the parchment.

Because I achieved first place in the recent Winter Cycle All Ranks Tournament, I will now utilise the test-free challenge to the Overlord that I was both awarded and earned in that Tournament. Therefore, I hereby issue an official challenge to the current Overlord, Hope Naharis, for the Mantle of the Overlord.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Prior custodian of Seaside, the Tenth Ring
Prior custodian of Old Temple, the First Ring
Prior custodian of New Haven, the Thirteenth Ring
House Champion, House Steel (Fall 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season, Spring 2019 Season, Summer 2019 Season, Winter 2019 Season)
Gladiator, House Steel (Summer 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season, Summer 2019 Season, Winter 2019 Season)
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge To The Overlord (2021 Winter Cycle All Ranks Tournament challenge grant)

Post by Conner Reid »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holder's acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Re: Challenge To The Overlord (2021 Winter Cycle All Ranks Tournament challenge grant)

Post by Hope »

A note was posted just below Rachael's own in some scribbly handwriting that was borderline illegible:

Congratulations on your victory Rachael! I've never won an All Ranks Tournament but it's definitely on my bucket list. I look forward to our rematch given how close our last one was. I accept your challenge. You should stop by the Isle sometime soon and we can figure out what works best.

In similar scribbles there was big at the bottom,

OverHope
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A thick white sheet of parchment was tacked to the corkboard with a black and gold pushpin. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise left-handed script in black ink. A seal in black and gold wax with the impression in the wax of a panther head was at the bottom of the parchment.

The current Overlord, Hope Naharis, and I will meet for the challenge for the Mantle of the Overlord on Tuesday, April the 6th at 9:30 PM EST. The honourable Caller known as Dris will preside over the challenge.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Prior custodian of Seaside, the Tenth Ring
Prior custodian of Old Temple, the First Ring
Prior custodian of New Haven, the Thirteenth Ring
House Champion, House Steel (Fall 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season, Spring 2019 Season, Summer 2019 Season, Winter 2019 Season)
Gladiator, House Steel (Summer 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season, Summer 2019 Season, Winter 2019 Season)
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

Various creatures of the spectating persuasion! It was my honor and privilege to be chosen to officiate this challenge tonight! The fight of all fights! The battle of the baddest! The tussle for the top! The one for all the marbles, including an island getaway with a personal yacht! The fight that determined who walked away with the title of Overlord of the Duel of Swords!

Utilizing the grant she won at the most recent All Ranks Tournament, Rachael Blackthorne stepped forth to challenge for the title of Overlord, test free! She fought under the flag of a black and gold banner emblazoned with a panther and a wolf. Tonight she listed a trio of Seconds: Warlady Amaris Silhaeven, Baroness Mairead Harker, and Warlord Salvador Delahada. Her Lord of Honor this evening was her husband Ian Blackthorne.

Going into her possible sixth defense was our reigning champion and defender, the OverHope! Also known as Hope Naharis. Her colors were white and gold and she fought under the banner sporting the Real Rhydin logo. Tonight she listed Jaycy Ashleana as her Second. Her People of Honor this evening consisted of the entire Real Rhydin crew. I assume the whole cast too.

The OverHope generously allowed the challenger to decide tonight’s format, and it was Rachael’s choice to engage in a best of three contest!

Our defending OverHope dominated the first match, taking the immediate lead. A trade of cuts in the second round allowed Rachael to get on the board, but Hope gave her no quarter in those that followed. Her lead climbed steadily higher until the fifth round, in which another trade of cuts allowed Rachael to secure one more point. By then it was finished, however, with Hope securing a stable victory of 5 to 2 in five rounds.

The second match started off strong in the OverHope’s favor. She took point after point in the first four rounds, getting herself to match point and allowing Rachael not a single point in her favor. At least not until round five, where our challenger started mounting an extraordinary comeback. Rachael climbed her way up from nothing to a single point just behind Hope’s lead. For a couple of rounds they faltered, but in the ninth and final round an IMPtacular trade secured another, albeit narrower, victory for Naharis at a score of 5 to 4.

This challenge kept us on the edges of our seats up to the very end! Well tried, Rachael Blackthorne! Congratulations, Hope Naharis, on your sixth defense! The OverHope’s reign continues!

Ring Tornado 3: Hope scores! (LC / FCP | 1 - 3, Hope leads.)
Ring Tornado 4: Hope scores! (TH / FSS | 1 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Tornado 5: Everybody scores! (LC / HC | 2 - 5, Hope leads.)
FINAL: Hope def. Rachael Blackthorne, 5 - 2 in 5 rounds. - dos

Ring Regicide: Rachael Blackthorne vs Hope in a dos duel. Begin when ready!
Ring Regicide 1: Hope scores! (TH / FLP | 0 - 1, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 2: Hope scores! (HC / FDU | 0 - 2, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 3: Hope scores! (TH / FSS | 0 - 3, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 4: Hope scores! (HC / TH | 0 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 5: Rachael Blackthorne scores! (LC / SH | 1 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 6: Rachael Blackthorne scores! (TH / LC | 2 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 7: Rachael Blackthorne scores! (FLP / HC | 3 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 8: No action this round. (FCP / FLP | 3 - 4, Hope leads.)
Ring Regicide 9: Everybody scores! (TH / TH | 4 - 5, Hope leads.)
FINAL: Hope def. Rachael Blackthorne, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds. - dos

Return to “The Arena”