Memo to Barons re the Baronial Vehicles

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Memo to Barons re the Baronial Vehicles

Post by Conner Reid » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm

“Aye, both of ‘em. Both of the cars are totaled.”

Conner paced the Arena office, frowning into the phone. “Dockside and Seaside.” He flipped through his notes, “Ferrari and a BMW.

“That bloody Trunk, the Baron of Dockside be missing in action,” he snorted, “--and iffin you want to be the one to go ask Salvador Delahada how and why he crashed his car, then mate you go right ahead, aye?

He flipped through his notes again, “Aye, we want to make a claim. Magical fixing be fine, mate, whatever be cheapest.

“What do you mean you can’t carry us? You be dropping the policy?” Conner shook his head in disbelief. “What are we supposed to do with them vehicles now?”

To the Barons of Battlefield Park, Dragon’s Gate, Dockside, Old Market, Old Temple, New Haven, Seaside, and Cadentia:

In light of recent events, the Arena’s insurer has ended its policy coverage of the baronial vehicles effective immediately.

In the coming days, the Arena will be arranging to have the vehicles towed or otherwise returned to the Arena facilities. Please contact the Arena office to confirm your availability to hand over your vehicle keys.

This be an unfortunate development. We assure you, we will be providing new, appropriate transportation befitting your title and baronies in the coming weeks.

Ever at your service,
Conner Reid
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Memo to Barons re the Baronial Vehicles

Post by Goldglo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Conner,

Rather than return it, if possible, I'd be interested in a transfer of title and taking over whatever payments remain for the Battlefield Park vehicle.

--Matthew Algiers Simon
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 pm

It'd be a good idea to bring this up to the mages who were paid to enchant the vehicles so that they repair any damages (much like the Red Dragon Inn). If the warding wore off there would be grounds for a full refund.

These vehicles were also purchased by Lisa and I, from our own funds, for the purpose of providing something new and fun to the baronies. If there are issues with them I would very interested in having them returned to us so that we can sort it out; even more so if the Arena will be providing replacements.

I also have a question — Will the yacht be replaced as well or no?

- Na-rae Takamine
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Jaycy Ashleana » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:15 pm

If you're intent on taking them back, I'm interested in purchasing Old Market's (with funds going to the appropriate party).

Jaycy
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Hope » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:28 pm

I'm keeping the yacht.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Location: Can be found many places, but resides in a row house in the Kabuki Street neighborhood

Post by Bailey Raptis » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Is now a bad time to tell you that Zevarrna accidentally confused the gas and brake pedals and backed the Maserati into a tree on Benson Boulevard?

Bailey Raptis
Mart
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mart » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 pm

I would be most amenable to returning Aston, but.. The thing is, it is currently one inch from bumper to bumper. I am working on it. I would be happy to return its value in gold pieces instead, of course!

Mart Di'luna
Baron of Old Temple
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Jaycy Ashleana » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm

You all need to play nicer with your toys.

... Mart, you haven't done anything to the Bentley, have you?

Jaycy
Mart
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mart » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Luckily that one went off without a hitch. It only gets small when you press the closed padlock button on the little plastic key box. But it gets big again when you press the open padlock button.

Mart Di'luna
Baron of Old Temple
Mairead Harker
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Mairead Harker » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 pm

Dear Mr. Reid,

I'm at the Dragon's Gate Sword School, from 7am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. If possible, I would like to purchase the Mercedes as my Uncle Bertie has enjoyed playing chauffer for me.

Maggie
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:02 pm

You can take the carpet. It's way too dusty and sandy down here for it to be feasible. And if I might make a suggestion, a sand tank would make an excellent replacement.

XOXO
Lil
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Conner Reid » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:57 pm

Na-rae:

Don’t see any records among the documents left here in the Arena about the cars being self-repairing or who done the enchanting. Can only say that we got a pair of wrecks sitting in the yard here. Heartbreaking, truly.

In light of your and Lisa’s ownership of the vehicles, we be happy to return the vehicles to you as requested. We’ll be arranging immediate transfer. Wish you luck in taking up the repairs.

Haven’t any problems with the yacht.

Regards,
Reid

Barons of Battlefield Park, Dragon’s Gate, Old Market, Old Temple, and New Haven:

Appreciate your varied responses to my notice. Regret to inform you that the vehicles---whatever be their condition---will soon be transferred to their rightful owners. Iffin you have not yet done so, please contact the Arena office to make final arrangements to return your vehicle’s keys.

Best to remember that them vehicles were always only in your temporary custody, mates. Glad to know that you were enjoying them, and iffin you still be holding your title at the time, you’ll each be getting a new transport as soon as arrangements can be made.

For them that were interested in purchasing your vehicle, recommend Lucky Lazarus’ Luxury Cars located in New Haven to purchase a vehicle of your choosing.

Regards,
Reid

Overlord Hope Naharis:

Got no problems with the yacht, lass. It will remain in the temporary custody of whomever be holding the top title. That be you for now.

Please enjoy.

Reid

Baron of Cadentia:

Regrets that the magic carpet don’t suit you. Got a line on a 1995 Honda Civic iffin you be of interest. Even got power windows, lass. Only until we find sommat more suitable, that is, aye?

Regards,
Reid

Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Conner,

Can I put a spoiler on it? Red has always been my color so I'll take it.

XOXO
Lil
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm

It warms my heart to see that the Barons who have utilized the vehicles gifted by Lisa and I are interested in keeping them. While disappointed that they will no longer be in circulation due to the decisions of the current administration of the sport, I am more than willing to transfer ownership to the interested parties so that they may keep what they earned now and after they no longer hold the title of Baron. I look forward to seeing what will be put forward as their replacement by Arena staff.

Again. Thank you to Matt, Jaycy, and Mairead for your interest in keeping the vehicles. Mart, if you'd like to keep yours since your additions seem quite fun, I'd be more than willing to transfer the title to you as well.

As for the wrecked vehicles. I will be speaking with those who warded them so that they can once more easily repair damage as they were intended.

- Na-rae Takamine
Delahada
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Delahada » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:07 am

If you're just going to get rid of it, I'll take the wreck.
I'll even pay for it. I know a guy who can fix it for me.

- Sal

Return to “The Arena”