Challenge For Overlord (Overlord Challenge Grant)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Challenge For Overlord (Overlord Challenge Grant)

Post by Capistrano »

Use it or lose it, I guess. With the Overlord Challenge Grant I won at the most recent All Ranks Tournament, I'm challenging the current Overlord Lilith Anderson for the title of Overlord. Yeah, that's a lot of times using the word Overlord in one sentence.

Jay Capistrano
Crew
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge For Overlord (Overlord Challenge Grant)

Post by Conner Reid »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holder's acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

The Overlord isn't going to drag this challenge for Overlord by way of Overlord Challenge Grant out more than the Overlord has to, so the Overlord hereby accepts this challenge for Overlord by Jay Capistrano and his Overlord Challenge Grant.

It's kinda catchy, isn't it?

Anyways, I accept. I'll be in touch to talk times.

XOXO
Lil
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Static Rest
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Static Rest »

>:[

Translation:

Overlord Overlord Overlord Overlord Overlord Overlord Overlord Overlord.
- Olaf von Trunk, Esquire
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Lilith and I have agreed to meet this upcoming Monday, July 13 at 10 p.m. Eastern time. Conner Reid has graciously agreed to be our caller for the night.

Thanks,

Jay Capistrano
Crew
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

The challenge tonight will be pulling double duty. Not only will be fighting to settle who gets the belt, the yacht, and the island, but thanks to our generous donors, we're also going to be raising money for charity. For every point I score, 1,000 nobles will be donated to the RhyDin LGBT Community Outreach Center. For every point scored by Jay Capistrano, 1,000 nobles will be donated to Tea for Teens, which is a pretty rad program and I highly recommend those of you looking for a good cause to look into it. Overall winner takes home an extra 10k for their cause. Reps will be on hand to accept additional donations. Owl at the Gallows from the Twilight Market is catering food and drinks.

Be there or be lame.

XOXO
Lil
Last edited by Lilith Anderson on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

I will match the donation for point totals for both organizations.

Jaycynda
Baroness of Old Market
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

I will also match donations for both organizations. Let's get some high scores here, folks!

Ebon Ilnaren
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

MacLeod Foundation will also be matching these donations and adding an additional 5000 for each charity.

Colleen MacLeod
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Matched! Wonderful idea, you two. <3
- Mal
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

The owners of Harker and Hall Architecture, Ltd. and the Baroness of Dragon's Gate will be matching the donations as a family.

Maggie Harker
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Conner Reid »

This here challenge were fought on Monday, July 13.

The challenger were Jay Capistrano bringing the challenge with his Overlord Challenge Grant won at the recent All-Ranks Tournament.

Jay Capistrano fought under the Blue and Gray banner of the Wrecking Crew. His Seconds were Myria Graziano and Ria Graziano. And his Lady of Honor were his wife, Samiyah Capistrano.

Overlord Lilith Anderson fought to defend her title under a black banner with a red axe imprinted with three fruit, a ring of ivy, and a bow. Her second was Steve Armstrong (in absentia). And her Court of (Dubious) Honor were Waifu Andrea Anderson, Broski John Cole, the quartet of heathens, Conner Reid, and all of the current barons, Loyal or not.

The Overlord selected a best of three format.

The first fight were a neck-and-neck battle that saw five tied rounds and culminated in sudden death. But Jay Capistrano found the edge and the win in the ninth round. The second fight were another close one, but the Overlord started to pull ahead in the fourth round, and Capistrano could not catch her and she took the win. In the third and final fight, Capistrano jumped out to an early lead. But in the fifth round, Anderson started a comeback that took her to match point. Capistrano did not make it easy, taking the challenge to its second sudden death. But in the end, the Overlord scored the final point securing the win and the defense.

FINAL: Capistrano def. Lilith Anderson, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds.
FINAL: Lilith Anderson def. Capistrano, 5 - 3 in 6 rounds.
FINAL: Lilith Anderson def. Capistrano, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds.

Well-tried, Jay. And congratulations Overlord Anderson.

There were some heavy dosh placed on this with the Overlord pledging 1,000 nobles to be donated to the RhyDin LGBT Community Outreach Center for every point she scored, and for every point scored by Capistrano, 1,000 nobles donated to Tea for Teens. And as you can see, lots of people threw in to boost the donations leading to the following totals:

RhyDin LGBT Community Outreach Center - with matching donations plus an extra 5gs is 89,000
Tea for Teens with matching donations plus an extra 5gs is 77,000

Cheers to all them that donated to these worthy causes, and congratulations to Overlord Lilith Anderson her defense.
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

My thanks goes to Conner for calling it as well as to our donors and all of those who stepped in to add to the pot; the Baroness of Old Market, Mr Ebon Ilnaren, Ms Colleen MacLeod and the MacLeod Foundation, Mallory Maeda, and the Baroness of Dragon's Gate and her family at Harker and Hall Architecture. I'm floored. Thanks to your donations, I've received word that the RhyDin LGBT Community Outreach Center will be expanding counseling services for LGBTQIA+ youth in the city as well as help fund their annual youth summer camp.

Thanks everyone!

XOXO
Lil

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

Dear Dueling Community at Large,

To say that I am stunned by the generosity of everyone who gave money during this charity challenge would be an understatement. I'm honestly gobsmacked by how kind you've all been. So before I go any further, I wanted to say congratulations to the Overlord, Lilith Anderson, for a hell of a defense and a hell of a fight, and also thanks, for her setting this all up. It would've obviously been nice to have won, but it takes some of the sting out of losing to know that we raised 166,000 silver nobles for the RhyDin LGBT Community Outreach Center and Tea for Teens. I also wanted to thank some of the people Lilith already mentioned, who chipped in as well: the Baroness of Old Market, Ebon Ilnaren, Colleen MacLeod and the MacLeod Foundation, Mallory Maeda, and the Baroness of Dragon's Gate and the folks at Harker and Hall Architecture.

I also wanted to say that I will personally be chipping in 5,000 silver nobles to be split among the two charities, and that we'll be auctioning off the Wrecking Crew jersey that I wore during the challenge, with all proceeds going to the RhyDin LGBT Community Outreach Center. I'll be signing this jersey, and it'll be a one-of-a-kind piece, since I've never had patches or anything else on any of my gear up to this point.

On another personal note, I wanted to let you know how happy the Tea for Teens folks are. They're a newer group, so some of you might not be familiar with them, or might have only learned about them through what Lilith or I have said about them previously, but they do good work. I've lived in this city a long time, long enough to know that its resources for homeless and at-risk teens aren't always the best. The 77,000 silver nobles are a huge kickstart for its plans to provide housing for homeless youth, job training, counseling and mental health services. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I'll see you in the rings.

Jay Capistrano
Crew

Return to “The Arena”