Challenge for Old Temple

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Challenge for Old Temple

Post by Hope »

The following was pinned to the Arena cork,

Maggie,

At first I didn't want to challenge you for a few reasons. While I've given you far more time than you gave Gren I can't really sit on it any longer. I think it was pretty raw to challenge Gren before he even got to know the place, but whatever, he's a big boy. I thought it was a little theatrical the way you stuck your nose in the Seaside challenge, but I also chalked that up to being the nature of the sport. Now I hear your family is running their mouths about Seaside some more. I may be slow to realize but there's a pattern going on here but it's becoming pretty clear. Here's my challenge for your ring you little brown noser (I don't really know what that means but it sounds hilarious).

Sincerely,
Hope
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Old Temple

Post by PC »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Hope,

As a Warlord, you're entitled to challenge for whatever barony you please and to step in someone's behalf under the rules of the sport. Others are entitled to those things as well. Since you require a translation of the term brow-noser, I'll give you one. It means shoving one's nose so far up someone else's rectum and colon that your nose is brown from what's up there.

Something to ponder; knives can come from many places, but the ones that cut the deepest are from those we have trusted.

Colleen MacLeod-Fenner
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Colleen,

Yes about challenging, no about stepping in on someone's behalf, that's not an entitlement given to Warlords. I earned that right I was not entitled to it. Thank you for the definition, I did not need a translation. Also, I don't know what that cryptic post script means, so ok.

Hope
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

I think she means either you or I are going to stab the other one?

But that's just called another Monday night.

Jewell Ravenlock
Baroness of Seaside
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Hope,

I stand corrected regarding the entitlements of Warlords. However, as per the rules of the sport is an important qualifier. One must also earn the title of Baron or Overlord, so, under the rules what I call entitlements are actually earned rights. It could be said that you were entitled to step in by virtue of the prize you earned. In the end, It might be an issue of semantics or what is in eye of the beholder.

As for the cryptic message, I am, for lack of a better word, cursed to speak in riddles at times.

By the way, Maggie has asked me to let you know that she is aware of your challenge notice and will be responding by the deadline. She is currently visiting with her Harker grandparents and performing in the Shanachie Ballet Company's Summer Gala.

Colleen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JewellRavenlock wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:13 pm I think she means either you or I are going to stab the other one?

But that's just called another Monday night.

Jewell Ravenlock
Baroness of Seaside
Collie fumbled with that infernal phone gadget to take a picture of Jewell's note for posterity .

Jewell,

May you always be blessed to live in interesting times of your own making.

Colleen
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Yikes.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Claire Gallows wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 am Yikes.
Oof.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

A note was pinned up on Maggie's behalf.

Hope,

Gren Blockman has known me since not long after I learned to walk. If he found my actions disrespectful in any way, I'm sure he would have said so, be it privately or publicly. It certainly wasn't a grudge match like this is becoming.

Much like you earned The Grant of Karnafexx and all the rights and/or privileges attached to it, I earned the title of Baroness and all that goes with it. I do find it interesting that either you and Jewell failed to hear my offer to withdraw or ignored it. I clearly heard her complaining about me not doing so. It was simply stated before we entered the ring, if you withdrew then I would as well. Your answer may have come in the form of weapons being crossed and I respect that.

I do find it interesting that you are under the mistaken impression that I am in charge of my older relatives and personally responsible for their actions and opinions. Sets an interesting precedent, doesn't it?

As my grandmother already stated, I am currently performing in the Shanachie's Summer Gala, which closes on the 13th, and visiting my Harker grandparents at their home. While my Uncle Eregor has been able to create the conditions to allow this, I won't be able to meet you in the ring until the 15th or later. Considering the Diamond Quest is set for the 13th, I believe you would want to keep that day open if you are planning to participate.

That said, I accept your challenge. We can work out the day and time. I have no objections to any of the officials that are currently sanctioned for challenge matches.

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Temple
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

That's nice sweetie. It's so cute to see kids try and talk like adults. I'll let you know what works for me for our play date.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Again, pinned up on Maggie's behalf.

Hope,

I'm used to having conversations with and writing letters to people that are much older than I am. My Uncle Heph and Grandpa Tass are, as Gran says, older than dirt. Aunt Ariana hasn't said anything about her age, but since she tells stories about herself and Uncle Heph as well as their brothers and sisters as children and teenagers, I'm certain she is up there in numbers. I don't ask her about it. My Uncle Eregor might be the oldest or youngest of them. Eventually, people in my family hit a point where age doesn't matter to us. Maybe my elders just expect more of me than most people do. Maybe they don't underestimate me and treat me accordingly. Only they know that answer.

I don't do play dates with adults, it's ... creepy is a good word. Creepy like the guy that was concerned about whether or not I have hair in places that are covered by bathing suits and underwear. Things like that go on and people wonder why my Gran has insisted we learn to use at least one weapon. If you really want a play date, bring your kid(s); I'll bring my mother and assorted younger relatives along for a picnic at one of the city's playgrounds. Otherwise, please pick a date between the 16-19 or any date we still have left that Baroness Ravenlock doesn't pick for the Seaside challenge that fits our time frame. Baroness or not, family comes first. I'll be in the skybox or on the arena floor to support my Aunt Rhi.

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Temple
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Wow. Your family makes the Chaes look safe for work.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Hope,

I'm not sure what you mean about the Chae family; I don't know much about them outside of the dueling venues. As for my own family, some of them have informed me that my response to you using a term of endearment toward me and speaking of a play date, no matter how inappropriate I may have found those things to be, might have been misunderstood by you and others reading the cork. I had no intention of making a comparison between you and that creepy person. If you drew that conclusion, I apologize. I would never even have considered inviting someone like that for an outing with the very young children in my family. Anyone that knows me would have understood that as the offer had been made in sincerity.

I cannot be what others think I am or think I should be; I cannot force them to understand me. I can only be who I am.

Mairead E. Harker
Baroness of Old Temple

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Management and Duel of Swords Community at large,

This challenge will take place 19 July at 10 PM by the Eastern Clock. The official is pending.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Mairead Harker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 pm I don't do play dates with adults, it's ... creepy is a good word. Creepy like the guy that was concerned about whether or not I have hair in places that are covered by bathing suits and underwear.
Where's the misunderstanding? There are some people in the sports I honestly dislike but at the end of the day when it comes to the sports and the challenges I think we all agree to an unspoken modicum of respect. Trash talking and banter are part of the game and they make things more exciting. I called Matt Simon a disgrace to his title and his sport- only to fuel the fire. There are lines that you just don't cross. If I were a slaver or some weirdo I could see that being a free square in banter-bingo, but this was out of line and I've been doing this for too long, I've achieved too much to further subject myself to it. You really need to grow up. I'm rescinding my challenge.

Return to “The Arena”