Endless Summer Seaside Party 2019

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Endless Summer Seaside Party 2019

Post by JewellRavenlock »

It was unclear where exactly the strip of beach below (and slightly to the north) of the Seaside Baronial Manor had come from. Had it always been there and kept as a secret? Was it newly discovered? Or had the sídhe in residence--as of 6:01pm Sunday night on the 14th of April--conjured it into being? Regardless of the source of its creation and history, it was there now: a perfect strip of sandy beach bordering clear ocean waters.

And on this little slice of heaven at 11:00am on Monday morning, a party began and there was no intention of it ever ending.

The bodies and bones left behind by the previous baroness were cleaned up and whisked out of sight, and a spell was cast over the entire beach, banishing the nippy April weather from both sand and sea in the immediate environs. Every day was the perfect beach day on the Seaside Baronial Beach, and every day there was a party to celebrate it.

Boats pulled up, dropping off people who waded through the surf to join the fun. There were blankets, umbrellas, and lounge chairs. There was a volleyball net, beach balls, and corn hole boards. There was a bar with cold drinks and a grill running day and night. A DJ played jams under a nearby tent while people danced under sun and stars. The sunset were unparalleled and the natural show was usually followed by a display of fireworks that lit up the night and bonfires on the sand.

It did not matter that the baroness was already under challenge minutes after obtaining the barony, the party would go on as long as it could! The Empress attended the festivities here and there, mingling and enjoying life in the magically early Summer. Sapphire too was there, playing DJ from time-to-time. Creatures fantastical and mythical mixed into the crowd with the everyday citizens of RhyDin, all called by the beat of the music, the promise of fun, and the taste of magic that touched everything here.

Most party-goers did not drift far beyond the stretch of beach where the party itself was most active. A few adventurous (or drunk) people did wander a little too far south under the shadow of the manor far above. When they returned, they spoke about dark caves leading who knows where and a sense of unease that kept them away.

For whatever reason, the Baroness Empress did not wish anyone to travel those caves and find entrances to the dungeons rumored to be hidden within and the manor above it.

OOC
This is just meant to be a little something fun for people to play with/into as they would like! Enjoy the party and early summer while it lasts.
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Endless Summer Seaside Party 2019

Post by Gren Blockman »

" . . . it's even better than alcohol, it's a Blueberry Kale Smoothie! Plenty of protein, rich in antioxidants, plus the cinnamon helps boost your brain power, and the flax seed naturally lowers cholesterol! Best drink money can buy . . . "

The person Gren was talking to had wrinkled their nose as soon as Gren said "Kale" and walked off. Gren shrugged and bopped his head along to the music that was playing at Jewell's Seaside Party. He was wearing one of his socially discreet men's one piece swimsuits. He also had a lot of sunscreen on his nose because he peels easy. Chatting with those he knew and some he didn't, he made sure to give the dark caves a wide berth. Pretty soon they had a sing-a-long down by one of the campfires on the beach, where he led them in a stirring rendition of his favorite superhero Arachnid-Man's theme song.

Arachnid-Man! Arachnid-Man! Does whatever Arachnids can!
Fists of Justice! He's got eight!
At catching criminals, he's just great!
Look out, here comes Arachnid-Maaaan!
Last edited by Gren Blockman on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Mysteriously several signs find themselves erected overnight, in plain sight for any visitors.

Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mist Gul »

Mist cheerfully showed up to check out the party early Tuesday after a long shift. He paused as he found one of the Nudist Beach signs and tilted his head. After taking in the beautiful scenery under the shimmering of sunrise, he shrugged and easily stepped out of his clothing. He'd brought along a bag with swim trunks and t-shirt, towel and such, but this made it much easier to restore his tan, gone sadly pale over the winter months.

So, naked and unashamed, the tall elf strolled across the sand clad in his hair and the gleaming runes cut over his body. He found a likely place to toss out his towel and settled onto that. He absently spread tanning lotion over his skin then lay back, sunny side up.

More of that curse had come home to roost. ...Though... it really did depend on how one felt about watching Mist wander around nude.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

As a famous fae knight had once said, “There is no shame in nakedness.” Though that did not inspire the witch to join Mist in his free-spiritedness, nor stop her giggling as she passed him by, sunny side up in all his elven glory.

She brought a cooler of beer for the festivities (a balm for what the sea had given and taken away, though lessened by the four beers she drank), as well as a vodka-infused watermelon. While she chatted a bit, she was mostly content to enjoy the warmth and watch the sea from the cover of an oversized umbrella and her wide-brimmed black sun hat.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

When I learned to walk you know humans roamed the earth
I can't hold my breath anymore, I stopped swimming and learned to surf
When I learned to talk, I found words that weren't worth dirt
Heavy like the rocks we carry, I stopped sinking and learned to surf

(“Learned to Surf,” Superchunk)

The surf was perfect - well-shaped and timed swells that almost seemed generated by a wave pool. Bailey joined the line up close to the shore with a small group of taller, tanner surfers, his own board easily a foot longer than his height. When it was his turn to paddle out, he looked very much like a puppy, arms working much faster and harder than the larger surfers out on the water. When he finally stood up on his board, he felt that familiar surge of adrenaline. It was different than dueling: as a former Keeper of Water and current Archmage, Bailey didn’t fear drowning the way he might fear, say, getting stabbed in the chest with a sword -- even if the rings were warded. The energy differed from modeling as well. There, the nerves came from the performative aspect of catwalking. Did I shift and pivot correctly there? Am I showing off the clothes right? Straight back, eyes focused, arms loose, stop. Hand on hip, turn, continue. Years into his modeling career, it had all become old hand, background noise he blocked out with ease. He couldn’t quite do that while surfing and probably wouldn’t ever want to. Each and every wave he’d ever surf was different, and it would always take absolute focus, an emptying of the mind to keep from wiping out. That oddly meditative aspect kept him coming back, even after get worked over by choppy waves, or wasting a day waiting for mush to firm up into swells.

As he rode in towards the beach, he caught sight of the crowds gathered on the sand. Sunbathers lounging on beach towels, volleyball players gathered around a net, handsome men and beautiful women in skimpy swimsuits batting around a beach ball. He swung back around to the end of the line up, his long black hair damp and hanging in his eyes. After a few quick puffs of air did nothing to move the limp locks, he sighed and brushed them free with his hand.

“Epic, dude.” Bailey took a moment or two to realize the drawling, deep voice was addressing him. It came from a broad-shouldered man with tribal tattoos covering his biceps. He stood in waist-deep water, waiting for his turn to go as Bailey waited at the back of the line.

“Me?” Bailey squeaked, surprised at the compliment.

“Yeah, you, dude. You gonna hit it again?”

The Archmage looked out at the waves, at a pair of surfers hitting both sides of an a-frame. He nodded, grinning. “I think so, yes.”

“Sick.” The surfer folded in the middle, ring, and index fingers of his right hand, leaving only his pinky and thumb extended. Puzzled, Bailey tilted his head to the left.

“Are you not feeling well?” He paused. “Are you asking if I am feeling okay? Because I am.”

“Nah, dude. Sick. Like, awesome.”

Now Bailey tipped his head back to the right, processing this new bit of slang. “Sick. Awesome.”

Are you okay, dude?”

Bailey responded wordlessly at first, merely flashing the shaka sign he’d seen just moments ago. A beat or two later, he spoke. “Never better.” His smile brightened further, as he punctuated his statement. “Dude.”

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

“So this is still yours.”

The Empress took a drink from the bottle of wine and passed it to him. They were sitting on a stretch of beach below the Seaside Baronial Manor. The endless summer party was reaching a frenzied crescendo nearby—driven to even more outrageous heights of wantonness and vice and moral abandon to celebrate Jewell’s defense against Penny earlier in the evening—but the pair sat apart. Not alone though because they had each other for company. “This is still mine.”

“What are you going to do with it?”

“What am I going to do?” She looked around and shrugged. “This.” Jewell gestured to the nearby party with the bottle Ishmerai passed back to her. “Just keep throwing one big party for people to enjoy.”

“And that is it? A party? That is all? That is now the height of your ambition? You want nothing else from this place?”

“A party.” She agreed, tilting her head back against the rock they sat against and closing her eyes.

He looked at her a moment, her face bathed and illuminated in that beautiful mixture of starlight and moonlight reflected off the glassy surface of the cove. “All right then. A party.”

Return to “The Arena”