A Bounty Upon Old Temple

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

A Bounty Upon Old Temple

Post by Vaeluthil Whitevale »

I do nae take kindly to fallacious insults by washed up, has-beens, nor cheap loyalty offered for the sake of temporary convenience. Let it be known that as of this posting, the first to fulfill the following conditions shall find themselves handsomely rewarded;
  • 1) Challenge the Baron of Old Temple, Anubis Karos, for his title
    2) Best the Baron in his chosen format
    3) Pledge Loyalty to the Empress Overlord Jewell Ravenlock

Complete this task and I offer you one of the following;

• 1) 10,000 Silver
    2) 1 valuable secret
    3) 1 favour
    4) 1 metric tonne of candy (that's 2,204ish pounds for you standard users)

Should you challenge unsuccessfully, I shall reward you just the same with 1,000 silver and a bag of Seaside's finest saltwater taffy. Find another way to otherwise make the Baron of Old Temple's reign miserable and we can negotiate a proper payment for your services.

XOXO,
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

........Why do you not just take me up on my challenge? And why do you think that this would anger me? Did you not read where I requested challenge? Does the Governor of Rhydin need to oblige you to wear a helmet?
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Someone has issues with reading comprehension, methinks. Let me explain it in words your addled brain might understand. Not once have I implied this is to make you angry. In fact, I give not a single care whether your old salty arse is mad or not.

With this, however, we worry not about a ring left vacant since under your so called "challenge" terms, it would assuredly be completed after the upcoming Warlord Tournament thanks to your historically slower-than-a-herd-of-rocks scheduling capabilities. Additionally, it installs a Loyal Baron in your place rather than leaving it up to whomever would eventually claim your ring after you vacate it.

Do you understand now? Take all the swipes at me and try to bait me all you want, you're still irrelevant trash who will without a barony before long.

In short, Old Temple deserves better, the Overlady deserves better, and the Arena deserves better.
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

You forgot the best part of your plan for you: You don't have to risk your precious title.

How convenient.

~Anubis Karos
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

::the board is again covered in impossible to remove sparkly emoji stickers::

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

What fun! Lady Vael really brings the spirit of the Summer Courts to the Arena. As Overlady, I always try to encourage a healthy spirit of competition.

-Jewell
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: A Bounty Upon Old Temple

Vaeluthil Whitevale wrote:
  • 1) Challenge the Baron of Old Temple, Anubis Karos, for his title
    2) Best the Baron in his chosen format
    3) Pledge Loyalty to the Empress Overlord Jewell Ravenlock
In light of the upcoming change in Overlordship, the 3rd rule is hearby null.

As a reminder, once the standings update, if Anubis Karos elects to move forward with his stated Renegade status, he is also open for challenge once more.

Happy Hunting,
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

For Terry King's valid (but unsuccessful) challenge, a thousand silver and plenty of candy hath been delivered.

Pending are payments for both Kalamere Ar'Din's challenge this weekend as well as Matthew Simon's new challenge. Should Kalamere prove successful, I shall still offer a 1,000 silver payout (with candy) to Lord Simon for his efforts just the same.
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Vael,

You may be Renegade, but you're a helluva better Renegade than Ol' Grumpums (aka Anubis).

Whatever bounties you wind up paying out, I'll match as donations to the Rhydin Shield Association, whether I'm still Overlord or not when all's said and done.

Charity wins again.

Myria G.
Crew
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Abovelady Myria,

While I am unfamiliar with this RSA, I am familiar with the concept of charity. Please be sure to give the donation in Lord Karos' name so that they know it is thanks to his insolence that the city benefits.

XOXO,

Vael

-------------------

UPDATED BOUNTY NOTICE!

Due to the amount of butthurt shown by the Baron of Old Temple in response to Colonel Simon's Challenge, I hereby offer 2,000 silver to any other Warlords who add to the queue for Old Temple rather than the 1,000 silver originally mentioned. This applies to Matthew and any other Warlords that come after him (or to Kalamere as well, should he be unsuccessful).

Merry Challenging!

XOXO,
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

A debt of 2,000 silver and all sorts of candy has been settled with Warlord Simon. My debt with the newly minted Baron of Old Temple in the amount of 10,000 silver has been settled as well.

Congratulations Kalamere. Anubis, you can go sit on a cactus.

XOXO
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Just so I'm clear, I'm matching 12,000 plus assorted candies?

Myria G.
Crew
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Abovelady Myria,

I hate mathing but that looks correct. The candies are the important part, do nae forget!

XOXO,
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

No dishonor in losing to a duelist who was feared by Dalamar Ar'Daumon. And there is definitely no dishonor in refusing to align Loyal to an unworthy joke of an Overlady for protection, and facing a legend without interference. Of course, other Barons can't claim the same. Then again, it does help to also be a legend.

Either way, see you in three weeks, little girl.

~Anubis Karos

Return to “The Arena”