Family, Family, Family

Stories, continued and interrupted, of beings from wherever the sky calls to the dreamers, the wind whispers to the wanderers, and the road calls to the determined.

Moderators: Mist Gul, Pharlen

Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Family, Family, Family

Post by Mist Gul »

Family, family (Family)
I go to war with my family
Ups and downs (Up)
Wrong or right, that's family (Yeah, hey)
They think that we crazy (Crazy)
They say that we crazy, can't handle it (Crazy, yeah)
My back on the wall (Back)
Who I'ma call? My family
We different (Woo), we stick out (Stick out)
Wig out (Wig out), bug out (Hey)
Hop out, hop out (Go)
Ball out (Hey), show out

Aight, this a party
Let's not make a problem (No)
Why you lookin' at me like you're startin' somethin'?
You should know, it's not just me that you be rubbin'
(The wrong way, so you better think twice)

You shouldn't mess with me
You don't wanna mess with me
'Cause if you mess with me, you're messing with my family
(Yeah, yeah, yeah)
You don't wanna mess with me (No)

Ay-ay-ya-yay
You might think that we are all loco
Ay-ay-yay (Don't mess with my family)
But this family 'bout to go global
(We blowin' up)

En mi familia si hay problema' no jugamos
Y si hay party hasta mañana celebramos
Si te dicen que estamo' loco', loco' estamos
Y en las buenas y en las malas nos quedamos
No traicionamos (Don't mess with my family)

Aight, this a party
Let's not make a problem (Ay, no)
Why you lookin' at me like there's somethin' up?
You should know, it's not just me that you be rubbin'
(The wrong way, so you better think twice)

(Yeah, yeah, yeah)

(Yeah, yeah, yeah)
You messin' with my family
(La Familia)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Don't mess with my family (No)

Ay-ay-ya-yay
Ay-ay-yay

They say that we mean
They say that we rude (Rude)
They say we got problems (Problems)
But we say it's cool
Family, family
I go to war with my family
Ups and downs
But wrong or right, that's family

Ay-ay-ya-yay
(Don't mess with my family)
Ay-ay-yay

By: Migos, Karol G, Snoop Dogg and Rock Mafia

Ay yi yi
Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Family, Family, Family

Post by Mist Gul »

"The hell are you doing, Sunshine, you’re letting the left flank go!"

"What harm can they do? They’re beaten."

"What harm?! I ask for a battle mage, they give me Sunshine the princess of pussycats! What harm is they are already in a flying v position, and yeah, there they go, they are shredding our pikesmen. You want to explain to their families how you thought the enemy left flank was beaten and harmless?!"

The next several moments were obscured in a startled fury and a flush of energy.

The left flank was flattened when he focussed once more. The pikesmen were baffled but mostly alive.

"There’s a key word with that little simp, Arrun. Family. Keep pushing on it, and maybe he’ll stop trying to escape."

"He’s not stupid, your Majesty, just inexperienced and lazy. I’m more interested in finding a key word that keeps him from killing us when he realizes that the only reason he’s here is because he hasn’t realized that chains can’t hold him."

"As long as the big dog believes it’s a lap dog, there’s nothing to worry about."

He wasn’t a lap dog. He wasn’t really Sunshine, either, despite his bright blond hair, golden eyes, tan skin, and gloomy disposition. He walked from the destruction he had caused without a look back. Even Arrun, though he had taught Mist much, was left dead. Just as Arrun had taught him.

Years passed.

Mist heard the voice of Arrun again, scolding him for going soft on an opponent without knowing all it was truly capable of. In that moment, he snarled, and hacked the strange biological-mechanical construction in half with a slash of billhook scissored against a cut of his mithril short sword.

It fell leaving a poor and benighted elvish soul, but Mist cared little for its plight other than to capture the soul and hold it. It would have information. He suspected it was there simply to try and ignite guilt into his heart.

It failed.

Somehow, Collie and Reiko happened upon him. He wondered if he’d summoned them. They took him to the emergency room, and he slept.

Plasma burns and cuts, his hearing compromised, his balance worse, and few healers willing to cast spells on him while his runes were active, Mist simply slept. While slow, his runes would keep him alive and would heal him. They just needed time.

And there was no time.
Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mist Gul »

Maggie and Amaris came to visit Mist, and he gave them the soul he’d captured. He explained what had happened: a random girl in a bar had attacked him. He finally asked it why. It nattered something about Sisters and imperfections and David’s loved ones.

It dawned on him then, as he watched fury build into Amaris’s eyes. She had lost her birth family already through the machinations of someone that wanted to use her. Now the family that she had scraped together was in danger.

This would not stand.
Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mist Gul »

“Okay, luvvy, I told Reiko to go home or rest, and we did find a healer willing to work on you,” Betsy noted heartily as she barged into Mist’s room. She was a tall, strong black woman originally from England, probably in her seventies but there was no way of telling. She was ageless.

“Oh, fuck,” Mist exhaled, “Just let me heal.”

“Can’t,” Betsy informed him, “You said Katt called and wouldn’t tell you everything until you were better, that means it’s worse than you thought.”

Mist shrank into the bed as deeply as he could, but the ill knitting muscle and bone still fought against the efficient cauterization of the plasma beams the damn assassin thing had kept hacking at him.

“Fine. Then what?”

“Clover’s already at your cave, she says the cats love her more,” Betsy chortled, leaning over to kiss Mist’s brow.

“She’s dreaming,” he scoffed. He and Clover always argued over silly things like that. She was Betsy’s half silver dragon daughter.

“I’m not getting into it. Once the healer is done with you, I’ll take you home, but after that, you’re going to have to keep yourself moving around as much as Amaris. Okay?” Betsy informed him. He nodded and gave a crooked smile as the only person willing to work on him when his runes were active came swinging in the door:

“Hello, Pharlen.”

Return to “Crossroads”