Radar Love: Communicate

Stories, continued and interrupted, of beings from wherever the sky calls to the dreamers, the wind whispers to the wanderers, and the road calls to the determined.

Moderators: Mist Gul, Pharlen

Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Radar Love: Communicate

Post by Pharlen »

Texts, voice mails, calls, graffiti, smoke signals, mail, messages in a bottle, that goes here.
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.
Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: Radar Love: Communicate

Post by Pharlen »

Pharlen handed a sealed envelope to Jackie. As the girl gave her mother a 'huh?' look, Pharlen explained.

"Get that to your aunt Halcyon. She's been working for the Guard. Wait for a reply."

Jackie nodded, and trotted out of the villa. She hopped into her little red Tiger and peeled out.
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.
The Halcyon
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by The Halcyon »

Halcyon quietly took the letter Jackie offered her, most of her attention still on the desk covered in papers and files that she was sorting through. She leaned back abruptly, drawing an obsidian chip from her choker to use as a letter opener. She absently replaced that as she read, a raven brow lifting. Then pale gray eyes turned stormy, her brows knit, her jaw tightened. Jackie shifted her feet. That was a full blown psychotic episode for the paladin.

"I shall be there," Halcyon finally noted, terrifyingly quiet. "Tell ye mother I said so."

"Yes'm," Jackie replied before skittering out of the paladin's small office. Halcyon waited until the girl had left, then she walked into the main office. She checked herself out, then logged out.

"See ye in a few days, Captain," Halcyon noted to the man. He nodded, waving to her. Halcyon continued on her way to the street, abruptly pulling herself to Stupid's back. The horse was a giant of a destrier, gray with white main and tail. He glanced back at her with a questioning rumble.

"We shall wait and see, m'lad." she finally mused, "But it shan't hurt to get back to the apartment and put on a maille coat."
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Dear Pharlen,

If you didn't do this, you have my humblest apologies. However, based on what Koyan said, what other conclusion can I come to other than you laid blame at my door?

I was confronted by an angry Koyan and told that I owe his partner, Aiden, an apology. According to him, you demanded a promise of some kind to not harm kittens and puppies in reaction to something I said. If you remember, I said if Aiden was given a kitten and harm came to it, it'd be on your head. I never said he would harm it. You were the one that said he'd make a profit off it if he could. Did you tell him that was what my comment was in response to? Did you not think that someone buying it from him would cause it harm? Was it necessary to publicly humiliate the man? I guess you meant it when you said you would have his liver. I attempted to apologize to Aiden, but when I asked to have a word in the Red Dragon's kitchen, he refused.

It started out with Dris teasing about giving Aiden a kitten. A joke, plain and simple. Quite frankly, the only time I ever saw Aiden with a kitten, he looked about as comfortable with it as Sal would holding a baby, which is why I said not to give him one.

As you know from experience, it sometimes takes a while before the old brain gets in gear. I'd appreciate if you could untangle this. I could go over and ask the sisters at the Perch what they saw or heard, I'd rather hear it from you.

Colleen
Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Pharlen »

Dear Collie,

What on earth!?

OH for spirit's sakes! This is the most ridiculous round of 'Telegraph' I've ever been in!

I'll bring the booze and brownies, and explain the noodles.

I think I already made Aiden donate money to the yearly spay/neuter days, but I can do it again.

Love,
Pharlen

*Pharlen's business card attached, so Collie can summon her whenever!
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.

Return to “Crossroads”