Paroles Du Cœur

The Brighter The Light, The Deeper The Shadow - Jay Kristoff

Moderators: Elessaria, Connar Valdor

Elessaria
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady Fire of Evandar

Location: ~Heart Notes~ Parfumerie in the New Haven District, Her island bungalow at Arcassa

Paroles Du Cœur

Post by Elessaria »

Elessaria's protector had returned from whatever task their god had assigned him. Lyavain's presence was both a good sign as well as a troublesome one. Having the massive wolf-like creature as a protector still meant the elfess had not completely been abandoned by her god; however, it also meant there was still danger in her future. Larger than Nuage, he was also much more powerful and less tame than his furry predecessor. He would defend his mistress fiercely-- no matter the source, but he was not a docile pet who willingly complied with any of the Empath's requests.

Tonight Lyavain was a reluctant messenger. Eless had cajoled, wheedled and pandered to the magnificent creature's vanity. Or at least that is what he led her to believe. In this case, the snow white creature was convinced this particular demand would tremendously help his ward's emotional well-being. He would swallow his pride (as it were) and play the role of messenger and guide.

He would slip stealthily through the shadows in search of the missive's recipient and deliver Eless' message as she wished.

On a thin, ivory sheet of vellum, Elessaria penned a note in her elegant, yet antiquated script.

Mon Bien Aimé,

Winter has been reluctant to release its chilly grasp on RhyDin and the dreary weather does little to lighten moods. I would love to explore a new place in New Haven where we can share the warmth of the promise of Spring. I have heard the cherry blossoms are beautiful and it is always a comfortable temperature within. While there are more modern entertainments inside, I am told there are many paths to wander where we can appreciate nature's beauty.

Lyavain has agreed to lead you to the The Solarium if you are so inclined.

Avec Tout Mon Cœur Toujours,
~Eless

Eless rolled the note carefully and tied it with silk ribbons of sapphire and gold with which she had bound her hair earlier as she worked, tucking it into the leather collar decorated with citrines which matched Lyavain's eyes.
And then one day,
One magic day he passed my way.
And while we spoke of many things,
Fools and kings,
This he said to me,
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"
-Ahbez Eden

Return to “Shelter Amid The Storms”