IFL 2021 Week One Predictions

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Intern Liovanni
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

IFL 2021 Week One Predictions

Post by Intern Liovanni »

Hey everyone, this is Intern Liovanni from the DZN. Apparently Conner Reid gets some sort of semi-vacation because he retired as Duel of Swords Head Coordinator. Not that I think swords should have any bearing on the Iron Fists League, but the guy worked super hard so we’ll cut him some slack.

Alternatively, and this is my personal theory, I think enough people lost money following Conner’s advice that both bettors and duelists have filed complaints. Who knows?

Either way, it landed me a job.

Real RhyDin vs. King’s Gambit
For the past two years King’s Gambit has won almost every match against Real RhyDin. They won 28-20 in 2019, and again for the IFL Season Victory with a tight 23-22. Last year, they won the regulation match 26-16, and lost in the final moments 19-27 for the Cup. I think KGM is going to win again this week taking the IF, Push, and Crutch. Only Dakota will prevent the sweep.

Michelle vs. Killian
If any of you pay attention to the regulation duels over in the Outback, you’ll know that Michelle currently holds the title of Diamond for the second time in a row. But fighting through a slog of pugilists is not the same as having the spotlight, and pressure, of an Iron Fist match. Renley has been in the Iron Fist twice, and has a lot of IFL experience. Michelle has only fought three matches in the League. While the Diamond is great, I think Renley’s base is going to pay off here. 5-4 Renley

Kheldar vs. Sofia
This is a solid Push match with two Heavy Weights going against each other. Kheldar has 37 IFL fights under his belt, a 22-15 wins-to-losses ratio, and 1.19 PDPB. That’s a solid record. Sophia, however, is an up-and-comer. 4-2 wins-to-losses, six fights, and two years under her belt. She’s won against the likes of Michelle, Canaan, Gloria, Dean, Scarlett, and Hope. Those are some tough opponents. I love you Big Guy, I have your Reign On poster in my closet-office. But it’s 5-2 Sophia.

Jaycy vs. Olaf
Jaycy’s been around Fists almost as long as Old Man Simon. Diamonds, depth, experience. She’s done it all. No stranger to the team dueling, Jaycy was around back when the swords Team Dueling League was up and running and fought in IFL during the beta. And then you have Olaf, this chaotic trunk that has been a mainstay of KGM since 2019. In all that time, he’s only lost two out of nine regulation and playoff matches. I think the trunk is on fire. 5-3 Olaf

Dakota vs. Li Xiaofan
Dakota is new to the RRD crew as of last year, with an even 50/50 record if you include the Playoffs. Her wins have come against Anubis and Kruger, but she’s suffered losses to LaFey and Crunchem. All of her fights have been at the Anchor level. Her PDPB is -0.33 for regulation. In comparison, Li Xioafan sits at 1.40 with a 3-2 regulation performance. Li has won against Yeardley Owens, Jaycy, and Morgan. Li also has more experience in bout types, fighting in everything from Anchor to Iron Fist. Their fight happens around the time this will be published, but for the record, I predict 7-6 Dakota.

Team Fist vs. The Rock Hards
Last year, Team Fist beat the Rock Hards 28-17, and the similar lineup in Warrior Force 34-17 in 2019. While Kruger is going to take the Iron Fist, the rest of Team Fist will lay out victory after victory. It will be a close match, but Team Fist takes this one.

Summer vs. Kruger
Who is Summer, you ask? Summer used to fight on Team SHE back in the beta, ‘06, and ‘07 days. Where the hell did Matt Simon find this woman? I have serious doubts she just popped up on the Outback Corkboard. Summer may be a flyweight this year, but she was a Powerhouse back in 2007. Summer has a tight PDPB with an 8-7 regulation record. Kruger, on the other hand, has a 5-11 regulation record with a PDPB of -2.13. Kruger did pull out some key IF wins in 2014 against Charlie Nine, Bob, and Hope. In fact, his overall IF record is 4-2. Kruger has been in the rings a bit more this past year, and I think Summer needs some time to shake off the rust. 5-3 Kruger.

Karma vs. Haru
Karma has no IFL record or experience yet. So we turn to The Outback’s regulation record. An Emerald with 28 wins under her belt and a 6 WoL (so, really, she’s just a Ruby by the ‘old’ rules). Haru has 19 wins, so also a technical Emerald, but only 1 WoL (making him a Glass). But Intern Liovanni, why do we care about Wins over Losses? Because anyone can log wins with enough time, but the true mettle of a duelist is their overall WoL record. WoL shows if you can consistently be on top, which is why IFL looks at PDPB (point differential per bout) and the Win-Loss ratio. Haru performs slightly better in IFL, with a 3-1 win-loss ratio and 2.25 PDPB. He’s also beaten some tough matches, such as LaFey, Dean, and Rekah. But I think Karma’s staying power is going to win out here. 5-2 Karma.

Dean vs. Amaris
Dean has logged six seasons of IFL for Top Flight, Dirty: Black, and Team Fist. In regulation, he’s about fifty-fifty with a 9-11 win-loss score. Amaris has less longevity, and a 1-5 win-loss score. Her only win came against Jaycy Ashleana in a Crutch match. Now, Jaycy is no slouch so that’s a good win there. But I think Dean is going to take this one 5-2.

Koyliak vs. Mairead
Personal confession here, I have a shoe collection of almost every stiletto Koy has fought in. Koy has logged a lot of fist fights. 37 matches in IFL alone, and a crazy 73 wins-over-losses in the Outback. This woman is incredible. Mairead is just getting her feet wet, a Sapphire in the Outback (but really a Glass, with 1 WoL), and a 0-4 record in IFL. Koy, 5-2, easy.

Team New Blood vs. Deathcake
Team New Blood was out on the field last year, and lost to Deathcake 18-29. Deathcake, on the other hand, has been around for four seasons. I think this will be the closest match of the week, and I encourage everyone to go out and watch the fights. I predict that Deathcake takes this, but it will be so close and can easily flip. Final score is going to be DCK, 29-23

Morgan LaFey vs. Dizzy
Two heavy-weights, ready to have at it in the Iron Fist match! Morgan has a 2-2 record from last year, Dizzy only has a 1-3 from 2020. BUT, Dizzy has longevity from the days of SHE, BAD, RPN, DRT, WFR, and now DCK. … Damn girl, find a team that stays. Dizzy’s overall record is 22-17. If I am going to watch one fight live in the rings, it’s this one. I think it will be super close and could go either way. But my gut says LaFey. He put himself in the IF for a reason, and he will want to lead the team by example. 7-6 LaFey.

Jackson vs. Droet
It’s called Team New Blood for a reason! We love seeing trainees coming out into the League, and whatever the outcome, I 100% support you being here Jackson! Also new to the League is Droet. You know what this means, Outback Records. Jackson has one win overall so far in the regulation duels. Droet, on the other hand, has 9 WoL making him a functional Ruby. Jackson, go out there and have a blast! But it will still be 5-2 Droet.

Scarlett vs. Gatito
Behold, Scarlett, the Kiowa Belt holder! What is the Kiowa Belt? The winner of the Powerhouse Party from the previous year. Scarlett won three matches against some of the best 2020 IFl duelists. Granted, the KWB comes from a kick-ass tournament, but we’ve already established that tournaments aren’t the same fight as a 1v1 duel. Especially against a Heavy Weight like Gatito. Scarlett is only 1-1 in regulation, and Gatito is slightly better with 2-1. But can he fight up in the mods? If there was a second match of the week, this would be the one. But I’m calling it 5-4 Gatito.

Ettyn vs. Rekah
Ettyn, the monster slayer, against the beautifully chaotic energy of Rekah. I just want to see these two in the ring! Ettyn may be a trainee with only 2 DoF wins under her belt, but I’ve heard the rumours of her out-of-the-ring fights. Rekah is a fan favourite. She has a 6-6 even wins-to-loss ratio in IFL. I think Ettyn has this one though, 5-3 Ettyn.

And there you have it bettors, debtors, pugilists, and pugs: your Week One Predictions. I’m not telling you to bet though, because I’m contractually obligated to avoid conflicts of interest with The Line.

Return to “The Outback”