Challenge for PathFinder

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Dakota Street
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for PathFinder

Post by Dakota Street »

Eden gave me this challenge grant, so I'd like to use it! I challenge Mallory for PathFinder. I guess because the name of the opal sounds helpful and not scary like some of the other ones.

-Dakota
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Re: Challenge for PathFinder

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Hi Dakota!

I'm excited to get to fight you for PathFinder. I accept! Fingers crossed that I can come out for this in person. Text me and we'll set a date!

- Mallory
Dakota Street
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dakota Street »

This will take place Saturday, July 3rd at 8pm eastern. Lisa will be calling.

-Dakota Street
Lisa Takamine
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Lisa Takamine »

This evening I called the Challenge for PathFinder and here's a recap of what happened:

They start off with a trade of fists before “Veggie-Mal” takes the lead with a flying tackle. Dakota lands another punch and ties things back up again. After a null round, Dakota’s quick kick gets her in the lead in the fifth round. Dakota swept Veggie-Mal before any defense could be pulled out and strengthened her lead, but the follow up round had Veggie Mal blocking Dakota’s kick and keeping the match close. After another null round, Dakota closes out the first match with a score of 5 – 3 in 9 rounds!

The second match starts off with Dakota punching her way onto the score board. Following round had Veggie-Mal snag a flying leg tackle and tie things up, but Dakota stayed strong with another punch and a block to get a decent lead of 3 to 1 in the 4th round. With a null round in the 5th and a trade of sweeps in the 6th, there was a tangled tackle of limbs in the ring. Veggie-Mal puts out a block to put a stop to Dakota scoring, and then with a successful fake out, they tie things up at SUDDEN DEATH!! Then after another null round, Veggie-Mal pulls out an upset sweep (via a launching headstand) and takes the win 5 – 4 in 10 rounds!

The third and final match started off with some mutual leg bruising as they both tumble to the mat together. The opening round was followed up with a null round before Dakota completed a fake out on Veggie-Mal and took the lead! After another breather, they both got back to punching. Then Dakota lands a flying tackle and hits match point in the 6th round. Once Veggie-Mal didn’t get points for their stylish dancing style, they tried for a clothesline and ran right over poor Dakota, closing in on Dakota’s lead which was 4 – 3 in the 8th. With things down to the wire, it was an unfortunate trade for Mallory, but a successful one for Dakota as she closed the challenge out and won her first opal!

Congratulations Dakota and well reigned Mallory!

Official scores:
Dakota Street def. Mallory, 5 - 3 in 9 rounds
Mallory def. Dakota Street, 5 - 4 in 10 rounds
Dakota Street def. Mallory, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds

Return to “The Outback”