Diamond Quest CV!

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Yuzuki Kuwabara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Diamond Quest CV!

Post by Yuzuki Kuwabara »

I'll join this time!
-Yuzu
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I will try!
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

I'll join.

--Matt
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Due to unforeseen events, I will not be entering.

~Anubis Karos
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

I'll be there.
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

A note appeared on the board, not written but in a typed script.

"Mr. LaFey will not be in the tournament this evening. He sends his most sincerest regards."

It is not signed.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

The Outback will be preparing a spectacular transformation for tonight's Diamond Quest!

All entrances will be fit to resemble stone archways leading into the venue.

Once past the gates all visitors and fighters will be led through various markets with spanning canopies and goods, both free and pricey alike.

The facility will feature several layers to its cosmetic overhaul including various overhanging silks, buttresses and ornate lights as well as windows to accurately shift the day-time bazaar to a sprawling night market once the sun goes down.

Nightfall will bring to life the spectacle of lights and lamps that have been strung about the entire Outback and bring to life its festive overhaul.

A variety of food will be available to all guests free of charge at the various booths and vendors. If they don't capture your fancy there will be the usual dining options available.

The bar will remain as a staple fixture for the Outback although it will be retrofitted with various new lamps, mosaic tiles and some... extra attractions for the evening.

To finish the evening once the Diamond Quest has concluded the dome won't be the only stars in sight. A myriad of constellations will be illuminated throughout the entire Outback to bring the stars to the guests.
Penny Escobar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Penny Escobar »

-Penny Escobar
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

I'll join.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

In Diamond Quest CV, eighteen duelers vied for the Outback's top title! And this was quite a field, featuring a back-to-back-to-back-to-back Quest winner in Lilith Anderson (Oct. '17 - July '18), the current Overlord, the current ArchMage and a host of others! In order of seeding, they were:

Jaycy Ashleana
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Salvador Delahada
Hope Naharis
Gatito
Caleb Feren
Eden Parker
Mallory Maeda
Ebon Ilnaren
Rachael Blackthorne
Matthew Algiers Simon
Koyliak VanDuran-Simon
Amaris
Haru Jeong
Lilith Anderson
Penny Escobar
Terry King
Kheldar Drasinia

With so many duelers, the opening round of the quest was a fight-in battle between the four lowest seeds, which saw Terry King and Lilith Anderon advance into the winner's bracket.

Hope Naharis opened her night with a win over Amaris, overcame a tight battle against Koy, and then plowed her way through Mallory and Rachael to lock down the top bracket and guarantee that she'd walk away from the Quest either with the Diamond or PathFinder, the green Opal..

Coming off that loss at Hope's hands, Mallory (or rather Vine-Mallory), dropped to the bottom bracket and proceeded to knock out Matt, Salvador and Rachael from the Quest, securing a repeat matchup with Hope in the Finals!

It didn't take long to see whether we'd have a DiLord or an DiMage as the holders of the top spots in Rhydin's other main dueling sports battled each other for the Black Diamond and at the end of a 9 round match, Hope came away the 5-3 winner, the 4th time she's taken home the Outback's top prize! Vine-Mal wasn't too displeased to walk away with PathFinder, either (one is forced to wonder how that marriage will pan out).

Congratulations to both Hope and Vine-Mal for impressive dueling throughout the night!

*Historical Note(s): While there were no shutouts in the tournament, there were multiple 4-0 leads...one by Hope over Koy (before Hope won 5-4) one by Amaris over Kheldar (before Amaris won 5-1) and one by Penny over Yuzuki (before Penny won 5-1)

((Challonge Bracket is here: https://challonge.com/kapaaduj))

Return to “The Outback”