To Christen the New Year with Blood--Challenge for Firestar

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

To Christen the New Year with Blood--Challenge for Firestar

Post by Anubis Karos »

Eden Parker,

I'm certain that you don't care why I issue challenge for FireStar, but I feel an impulse to say my peace anyhow.

I challenge because dark forces approach. Individuals with hollow souls and murderous hearts who I could normally find detente with.....but their goals threaten those who I have found warmth in my soul for since my return. Accordingly, they must learn that there is a pecking order and that respect is not an obsolete convention after all. It would be to my benefit to have FireStar's rage at my side when this happens.

I do not dislike you; I really do not care for you one way or another. Do I want my Opal back? I'd be lying if I said otherwise. But my reasons are, in the main, as I stated.

Regardless, here is the challenge.

~Anubis Karos
DUEL Kheldar
Asst. Coordinator
Asst. Coordinator

Re: To Christen the New Year with Blood--Challenge for Firestar

Post by DUEL Kheldar »

This challenge is valid and may proceed.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Hi! I accept! I don't know what 'christen' means but I hope blood doesn't have to be involved!

Okay! Talk soon!

Eden Parker
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

This coming Wednesday, at 8 by Rhydin's clock. An official is still needed.

((Wed, Jan 13, 8 EST!))
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Driscoll will preside as official.
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

Tonight’s challenge features catering from Nicole’s Bistro and Pizzeria! In honor of the defender, we are featuring the traditional Hawaiian (ham and pineapple) pizza!

*Additional pies will be available, including plain cheese, meatlovers, and veggie!

In honor of the challenger, we are featuring a semi-traditional Egyptian Mesa’a’ah (spicy eggplant) as a side dish!

*Additional sides include cheddar jalapeño poppers, mozzarella sticks, and crispy deep fried sweet potato fries!

For dessert, we’re featuring your choice of simply sweet or hot jalapeño cinnamon rolls, freshly baked from the Divine Delights Bakery!

Wash it all down with some cherry coke, hibiscus tea, or one of our four signature cocktails! Try the jalapeno pineapple margarita, bourbon cherry coke, Cleopatra’s kiss, or a drunken pharaoh!

The fun starts tonight at 8:00! Come hungry, thirsty, and enjoy the show!
BardGallant
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Hero of Dragon's Gate

Post by BardGallant »

What a spectacular challenge I bore witness to tonight, friends! Lord Anubis Karos is back, and tonight it was his goal to reclaim the legendary FireStar! Anubis has a long, long, super long history of having held this Opal on numerous occasions. Likely it was to nobody’s surprise that he challenged Eden to try to take it from her.

Both of our combatants fought long and hard, equally determined to take or maintain control. The first match went for eight rounds, starting off slow. Anubis got the lead, but Eden took it back early and never gave ground after that. She defeated the Egyptian soundly 5 to 2 in the end.

The second match was a reverse power struggle. Both our fighters went in hot, landing matching points to start. Eden took an early lead, but Anubis evened out the score. It was a seesaw battle with the score until the seventh round where Anubis took and kept the lead, defeating Eden 5 to 3 in eight rounds.

Our final match was a real nail biter, edge of your seat extravaganza! Anubis started strong, showing just how determined he was to win. The score evened out in the second round. There was an epic double fury of spinkicks in round three that had everyone paying close attention! The pair continued to score points together all the way to the sixth round where we blared the sirens for SUDDEN DEATH! In the seventh and final round, Eden landed a wicked uppercut that secured her the win with a final score of 5 to 4.

What an impressive performance from both of our fighters! Nice try on trying to win back FireStar, Anubis! Congratulations on a solid defense, Eden!

Return to “The Outback”