Challenge for Firestar

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Challenge for Firestar

Post by Anubis Karos »

Gloria Blaze,

Unlike the better part of my challenges, I hold no animus towards you, and hope that my opinion is reciprocated. Indeed, you did me an immense honor in allowing me to sacrifice for the Opal's reformation despite you holding the dueling title attached to the being, and although my sacrifice caused me more anguish than I care to admit in public.....I do not blame you. So curiously, I begin this challenge by offering my gratitude, a sentiment which I am rather thrifty with.

With that said, I also could not notice that you retained the prize of my sacrifice. I understood and accepted that this would be the case at the time, but now I desire that which I feel that only I can properly control and channel.

Perhaps it does not seek to be controlled. But as all of Rhydin knows.... that's never bothered me.

Regardless, I hereby challenge you for the Red Opal, FireStar.

~Anubis Karos
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Re: Challenge for Firestar

Post by Goldglo »

This challenge is valid and may proceed.

--Matt
Gloria Blaze
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Gloria Blaze »

Lord Karos,

I accept your challenge and await your missive regarding preferred date and time. I have been quite busy wrapping things up at the library so scheduling our match may be challenging.
Gloria Blaze,
House Royal
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Monday, June 29th, 8 by Rhydin's clock. (8 EST!)
Charles Blackstone
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Charles Blackstone »

Things got underway tonight just a bit after time! A small crowd that became a rather large one to watch two very skilled duelists compete for Firestar. In the Short, Gloria Retains in Two with both matches coming out to be 5-3 in her favor!

Match 1: Regular Ring
Ring Silver 1: Gloria Blaze scores! (FDO / LS | 0 - 1, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Silver 2: Anubis Karos scores! (FDU / SP | 1 - 1, Anubis Karos and Gloria Blaze.)
Ring Silver 3: Gloria Blaze scores! (LS / JB | 1 - 2, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Silver 4: Anubis Karos scores! (FeJK / FAB | 2 - 2, Anubis Karos and Gloria Blaze.)
Ring Silver 5: Anubis Karos scores! (SP / FDO | 3 - 2, Anubis Karos leads.)
Ring Silver 6: Gloria Blaze scores! (FDO / FeFL | 3 - 3, Anubis Karos and Gloria Blaze.)
Ring Silver 7: Gloria Blaze scores! (JB / FDO | 3 - 4, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Silver 8: Gloria Blaze scores! (FL / LS | 3 - 5, Gloria Blaze leads.)
FINAL: Gloria Blaze def. Anubis Karos, 5 - 3 in 8 rounds. - dof

After a short delay, we start off with a quick back and forth between the Challenger and Incumbent that draws two and two in the opening four rounds after the bell. Two rounds later the same is to be said! Anubis manages to get a slight edge, but it is quickly brought back to 3 all in the sixth! However, in a quick One-Two, Gloria closes out in the eighth skillfully to take the first round!

Match 2: Regular Ring
Ring Laurel 1: Gloria Blaze scores! (FDO / FeSN | 0 - 1, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Laurel 2: Everybody scores! (JB / JB | 1 - 2, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Laurel 3: No action this round. (JK / LS | 1 - 2, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Laurel 4: No action this round. (FDU / FLP | 1 - 2, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Laurel 5: Anubis Karos scores! (LS / FeFL | 2 - 2, Anubis Karos and Gloria Blaze.)
Ring Laurel 6: Anubis Karos scores! (JB / LS | 3 - 2, Anubis Karos leads.)
Ring Laurel 7: No action this round. (FeJK / FeJK | 3 - 2, Anubis Karos leads.)
Ring Laurel 8: Gloria Blaze scores! (SN / JB | 3 - 3, Anubis Karos and Gloria Blaze.)
Ring Laurel 9: Gloria Blaze scores! (SP / JK | 3 - 4, Gloria Blaze leads.)
Ring Laurel 10: Gloria Blaze scores! (LS / JB | 3 - 5, Gloria Blaze leads.)
FINAL: Gloria Blaze def. Anubis Karos, 5 - 3 in 10 rounds. - dof

Seems the delay of Match one is nowhere to be found. I barely had time to ring the bell before these two were beating on each other. Gloria edging out front and holding onto the one-point lead into the third with a well-timed trade and a bit of skillful maneuvering in the third to not be struck by the flying Egyptian! A bit of reversal and a whole bit of nothing leads into a quick One-Two by Anubis to take the lead going into the seventh. However, after a battle of the minds in the Seventh, the Eighth brought us back to a familiar 3-3 tie between the two! History, however, comes to repeat itself. With momentum from her tying of the match, Gloria closes out in quick fashion two rounds later to Retain!

Well fought to our Challenger, and well Defended to our Holder!

Return to “The Outback”