IFL 2019 Press Conferences

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

IFL 2019 Press Conferences

Post by JewellRavenlock »

IFL 2019 Official Press Conferences

((The place to post your team and individual press conferences from pre-season to post-season!))
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Real RhyDin Part I

Post by Michelle Montoya »

The stage was set with a long table and seven seats, yet none of them were occupied. The press and a field of fans who won tickets to the event via lottery stirred on their folding chairs. Fortunately, they didn't have to wait long. A young woman in a sharp suit walked up to the microphone set off to the side.

"Good morning, everyone! My name is Lexi Abrham. I'll be acting as the new PR and Marketing Director for Real RhyDin this year. I'm thankful to have you all here for this exciting announcement: The lineup of Real RhyDin for IFL 2019. Will Tahlia and Jewell be back to renew their grudge match? Will Gren return, or has he had enough of Kate's foul mouth? Has Kheldar gone on to a new team to bring them to the championships? What about too-cute Eden? And what other talent has Captain Hope Naharis found?

"Let's not leave you in anticipation any longer. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Real RhyDin's Team Captain for IFL 2019: Hope Naharis! "A three-time diamond in the Duel of Fists, Hope is a champion of the sport, but she really shines as a team captain, coach, and mentor. Hope led the team to victory in 2017, and we have no doubt she'll do it again this year. Hope made her way onto the stage sporting her own throwback Real RhyDin jersey, the gold and white prestige jacket from their winning season, matching joggers, and a plastic Infinity gauntlet on her right hand. She waved to the crowd and took her seat. Before the ceremony could continue, she leaned underneath the table and began placing different sponsored drinks atop it. Red Ox, Mt. Yasuo Code Yellow, a pair of wireless Yams by Dro and a Real Rhy' Din inspired handbag by Lewis Veeton.

"Thank you, Hope. Next up, we have Real RhyDin's returning Assistant Captain: Jewell Ravenlock!" Jewell stepped out onto the stage, wearing some signature black, sequin hot pants and her Real RhyDin "Sugar Snatch" jacket with a pair of sky-high gold heels. Her natural blue hair had been turned black for this season of IFL. She waved to the crowd as she crossed the stage to take her seat next to Hope. "The Empress is returning as the team's PowerHouse fighter after a perfect 2017 season with Real RhyDin and a notable three wins against Team Fist's Fashionista, Koyliak VanDuran-Simon! Welcome back, Jewell! We expect great, and uh… interesting things from you, as always." There was some laughter from the crowd at that, and at least one fan shouted: "Marry me, Empress!"

"Our third member of Real RhyDin 2019 is the current holder of the Opal ShadoWeaver and Four-Time Diamond, Gren Blockman!" Gren walked on stage wearing a black and gold House Royal sweatshirt. Waving happily to the crowd, he missed a cardboard cutout of Jewell in her hot pants, and he unceremoniously bonked into it, sending him and the cutout sprawling. Laughter from the audience cascaded around him as he fumbled to his feet, trying to prop the cutout up as well. Gren realized - too late - in his haste that he was holding onto the breast region. He quickly yanked his hands away, before twirling over to the others, red-faced. After the announcer composed herself after Gren's debut, she continued. "Gren had a winning record in IFL 2017, and has been on three different IFL Championship teams during his career!" The laughter had died down by now, and clapping and cheering could be heard for Gren's introduction.

When Gren sat next to her, Jewell patted his shoulder consolingly while Lexi prepared to announce their next member.

"We also want to welcome Eden Parker back to team Real Rhydin 2019! Eden won her first Diamond just this past cycle and rejoins the team as one of its four Heavyweights! Please welcome, Eden Parker!" It took Eden a moment to step out onto the stage, confused by being made to wait and then asking the PA repeatedly, Now? But eventually, she bounced out, wearing an I AM THE CROWN t-shirt. It also read Real Rhydin on the back, but Eden had to cut slits for her wings, so hers just read eal ydi. She waved to the press, smiling brightly, "Hi!"

As soon as she sat down next to Gren, Eden leaned in his direction and whispered, "I thought there was gonna be pie!"

Gren sat with his head in his hands while Jewell tried to console him, then snapped out of it when Eden spoke. "Michelle's up soon . . . ask her."

"Our final returning dueler should need little introduction. Partially because he wasn't interested in giving us one," Lexi gave a brief pointed glance towards where the team members were waiting to come out, "but mainly because he is the league leader in total combined regular and postseason duels fought. He's got half a dozen Diamonds to his name, has been part of a championship team in pretty much every combat league that's existed, and was runner up in last season's PowerHouse Party Invitational. Kheldar Drasinia!"

The big man stepped out onto the stage. While he was not one for the spotlight, he had been doing these press conferences a long time and was well-schooled in the procedure. He hit his mark, stone-faced, and raised his fists as if squaring off for a fight, held the pose a few moments for the barrage of camera flashes, and then eased and offered half a grin and a wave to the crowd on the way to his seat.

"So excited to see five Real RhyDin members return for a second season! Now we have some new talent to introduce. Up first is the newest Overbaker, Michelle Montoya!" Michelle walked on stage, wearing House Royal Muay Thai shorts over a pair of spats along with a gold and black lion rashguard. She waved at the crowd while the announcer continued: "Michelle is joining the league as Flyweight and trains under Hope at the Active Guard gym." She took her seat beside Eden and accidentally reached for the wrong water.

"And last but certainly not least, we have Gloria Blaze!" After Michelle entered, a mature-in-age silvery haired woman followed as her name was announced. The newest to the sport of unarmed, she wore a jade, black and gold tunic open at the front showing a plain white shirt, with semi-tight black capri-style pants. "Gloria is a librarian, sorceress and swords-woman and more of an unknown talent joining the team. Judging by her success in other sports, though, we're sure she's going to be a valuable addition this season!"

Once everyone was seated, the PR agent waved to the team with a flourish, "I present to you: Real RhyDin 2019!" There was thunderous applause. "We'll now open the floor, alternating questions from the press and fans. Yes?"

"Hope, will you and the team be cohabiting again this year?"

"Well, actually-" Hope started.

The PR agent interrupted before Hope could answer, "That is an excellent question! The team has a little gift for their friends at the press and most loyal fans. If you would all reach under your seat, you will find a voting card! Using this card, you can help choose where the team will live together this season! Take a moment now to vote, and we'll tally them up and make the highly anticipated announcement at the end of the session!"
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: IFL 2019 Press Conferences

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

Advertisements began to pop up on underground dueling magazines around RhyDin, announcing the surprise return of Xanth Van Bokkelen’s team, King’s Gambit. While not necessarily a press conference with the individual duelers, goblin hype men began getting the word out to the various news outlets in town, especially selling KGM Merch.

King’s Gambit makes its return after 11 years! Can Xanth lead his team to Championship glory like TDL Season 525? We’re calling all orcs, ogres, warlocks, minotaurs, or even if people just don’t like you very much! And to kick off the season, we’re offering all our old merchandise for sale once again! (Not at discount, though. Xanth has expensive research & experiments to pay for, you know!) New items are for sale as well! For example:

King’s Gambit Merchandise can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22182
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Real RhyDin Part II

Post by JewellRavenlock »

A slick, blue-suited representative of We Punch Your Face shouted out: “I have a question for Gren, which is sweeter, Miss. Eden Parker’s personality or the Overbaker’s pies?”

“I . . . uh . . . . “ Gren’s eyes darted from Eden to Michelle. “It’s . . . uh . . . a tie.” He smiled brightly at his non-answer, his nervousness suddenly vanishing.

A fan screamed out suddenly - perhaps to save Gren - “Gloria! Are you competing with Matt for Old-Timer-Records this year?!?”

She chuckles as she is completely caught off-guard. “ I am not sure it’s a competition that I want to win so I will defer to Matt and let him take that title by acclamation. However, let’s get one thing straight, I don’t plan on being the soft spot in the line up and I’ve been practicing a few tricks in the regulation duels.”

Gloria barely finished her response before a small gnome with cheerful brown eyes stood upon their chair - notebook in hand: “Hi! I’m Tinkletree from New Haven News. This is for the Empress. Jewell, where do you get all your hot pants from?”

The faerie grinned, leaning forward. “Private tailor. I have started selling them after I wear them though for fans and creeps alike.”

A young man with a mustache and House Royal muscle shirt stepped up to the mic. “I just want to know what Kheldar’s diet and exercise routine is.”

“Pretty sure he eats and breathes exercise and long morning runs,” Jewell laughed.

Kheld chuckled at Jewell’s response before attempting his own. “I do do a lot of road work.” he agreed with the Empress. “Other than that I do a lot of bag work and speed drills. I do laps in the Outback pool fairly often, and spar when I can. I prefer functional full body exercises, or just work as opposed to a regimented weight program.” He paused a moment trying to answer the young man’s question in earnest. “No weight classes, so I really just eat when I’m hungry, but I try and limit processed foods, sweets and the like.” He shrugged.

Their PR executive stifled her exasperation and stepped in. “For more workout information, The Real Rhydin Season One Championship box set includes bonus gym footage as well as daily workout routines from all the fighters, and will be available for preorder today and in stores next week!”

“Hope Hope!” RhyDin Sports Network writer shouted out, “What was the key to your successful lineups last year and are you changing your process at all this year?”

Hope leaned in to her microphone and cleared her throat, cracking the Red Ox before finding the writer in the crowd. “I listen to my gut and I listen to my teammates, I think if you do these two things it’s basically impossible to make a bad decision.”

A blogger from Bruises or Bust Blog had another question for the captain, “Hey Hope! What’s this I hear about your personal relationship with your assistant captain? Are you two… you know…?”

Jewell looked at Hope, brows raised and her mouth marked with mischief, “Are we… you know?”

Michelle looked down the table, expectantly. She wore a small, slightly hidden, smile on the corner of her lips.

Gren looked upwards, trying to figure out where this question was leading.

Hope appeared lackadaisical when tracking for the blogger. “I’m afraid I don’t know what you hear about me and my assistant captain. I’m the captain, she’s the assistant captain.”

The faerie looked back to the blogger and shrugged, “You heard it here: she’s the captain and I’m the assistant. Shocking!” As they moved on to the next question though, Jewell leaned over to whisper something to Hope to try and make her blush.

“Miss Eden!” a little girl was standing on her chair with a pair of fake wings just like Eden’s strapped to her back, “I love your wings! I want some too but mom says--” Her mom chose that moment to lean over and remind her to ask her actual question, “Oh yeah! What is your favorite ice cream?”

Eden perked up, waving at the little girl and beaming her dimpled smile at her. “Hi! I love that question! But it’s a hard one.” Her brow furrowed as she considered, “All ice creams are good ice creams, but I think if I have to pick a favorite... it would be... Birthday Cake ice cream! Cause it’s like an ice cream and a cake all at the same time!”

“Michelle!” a column writer from RhyDin Bakes called out to the OverBaker, “Do you have a special pie in mind for the team?”

“Myself, and the rest of the Bak’d crew, are working on exclusive IFL pies to represent each unique member of the team. For example, the Blockman Exclusive is an Apple and Goji Berry Pie.” She leaned back from the mic and smiled over at Gren.

A young woman stood up when it was her turn, “This is um.. for the whole team? What are you all looking forward to the most this season?”

“Binge watching more seasons of Spongebob Squarepants,” The Empress snickered into the microphone.

Michelle tilted her face a bit closer to the microphone, “spending time with these amazing people!” She then gestured to her teammates, smiling brightly for the cameras.

“Morning runs with Kheldar!” Eden beamed over at her friend.

Kheldar grinned back and then leaned into the mic. “Spending time with everyone is great,” he agreed. “I’ve always loved the league format. The stakes and tension of team fights are just higher than pretty much anything else. It’s always a lot of fun.”

Gren smiled as well. “I’m looking forward to the competition. I’ve missed not competing with my teammates for over two years, and I’m glad IFL is back!”

Hope let the others go first. “Some new merch you guys will get from us.” She teased.

“We have one more question before we announce where the team will be living together this season. Yes…” Lexi nodded to a teenage orcish girl in a wheelchair.

“If you could face one team from the past, who would it be?”

“Top Flight,” Jewell answered quickly. “Because I’d like to kick Harris’s ass at least once.”

“I’ll take Badside again. I got to before but it was during my first season. A match now would be something else.” Hope tossed in.

Gloria leaned into the microphone, “Champions of Avalon.”

“I like all the teams,” Eden added, “Cause they’re all my friends and it’s fun to fight with your friends!”

“I don’t think there’s a team I haven’t fought….” Kheldar quipped. “But I’d love to get another crack at the Brawlers.”

Michelle thought for a moment, then added, "They haven't put a team out in years, but the original Wrecking Crew. Back in TDL they were always stiff competition, and I bet they'd be just as tough, if not tougher, in the IFL."

Gren contemplated that one. “I would like to face Team SHE, just to see what it would be like to fight against the first ever champion.”

“Thank you for your questions everyone! Now, the moment we’ve all been waiting for!” An intern rushed out, handing Lexi an envelope which she opened, “Where will the team be living together this season?” She paused dramatically before reading, “A SURVIVAL BUNKER!”

“A what?” Jewell blinked, confused.

Gren looked startled. “Survival Bunker? We’re not going to war, are we?”

Eden looked over at Hope. “I don’t get it.”

Hope shrugged and held her hands up. “Well the past season we were in a swaggity mansion so we decided this time we’re going to leave it up to the fans. To be honest..” She squinted. “I didn’t realize this was an option.” She grinned and gave a thumbs up.

Return to “The Outback”