You Can Never Have Enough Helpful Guidelines From The Diamond

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

You Can Never Have Enough Helpful Guidelines From The Diamond

Post by Gren Blockman »

To the patrons and enthusiasts of the Outback:

First of all, I would refer you to my previous two sets of Helpful Guidelines from my victories in DQ 73 & DQ 83:

Helpful Guidelines from the New Diamond

More Helpful Guidelines From The Diamond

Second, it seems I have won the Diamond just in time, because I saw a disturbing trend during last night’s Tournament that needs to be nipped in the bud with one of my Helpful Guidelines during my reign this cycle.

10) Absolutely NO giving dead trees, shrubs, or other foliage as prizes in the Outback this cycle. Ever.

11) I will not acknowledge Rings named “Anarchy”, which causes me to flinch, and “Sumac”, which causes me to uncontrollably scratch myself. I will substitute the names “Acacia” and “Sycamore” in their place.

12) No more Ferris Wheels. I get dizzy just looking at them.

Have a fun and environmentally safe cycle!

Your Diamond,

Gren Blockman
JC
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Best Chae

Re: You Can Never Have Enough Helpful Guidelines From The Diamond

Post by JC »

I dunno, Gren. This dead Christmas tree looks pretty cute in my living room. What do you propose we do with dead plants? They deserve to be loved and appreciated too.

#deadplantlivesmatter
#thathashtagisn'tironiciswear

-Jin Chae
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: You Can Never Have Enough Helpful Guidelines From The Diamond

Post by Gren Blockman »

Dear Jenny,

I’m so very glad you asked!

There are many ways that you can recycle your Christmas Trees, and put them to good use in helping the environment.

The first way is depositing them into our local ponds. This creates a natural habitat for fish and attracts tasty algae for them to consume. You should remove all hooks and ornaments before doing this, of course.

Second, they can be used to thwart Beach Erosion. By placing them on the dunes, their needles keep hold of sand and vegetation during windy weather. They also provide shelter for winter birds.

Last but not least, they can be used for firewood and/or mulch, so you don’t have to cut down a live tree.

Now aren’t you glad you asked? Thank you for giving me this opportunity to educate the Outback in general on proper Christmas Tree disposal.

#TheMultipleUsesForUsedChristmasTreesAreTheBeesKnees
#RecycleYourHashTags

Your Diamond,

Gren Blockman

Return to “The Outback”