The Great Gobble Tournament: Volunteer Opportunities

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Empress
RoH Official
RoH Official
Master of Frippery

The Great Gobble Tournament: Volunteer Opportunities

Post by DUEL Empress »

The denizens of the Outback have been asked to contribute to a community service project this year! Everyone who volunteers an hour to one of the following worthy causes will receive 3 extra points for the Great Gobble Tournament! But don’t just do it for the points, do it for the good karma.

List of volunteer opportunities:
  • *Work as a server or cook in the Dockside Community Kitchen
    *Participate in story time or arts and crafts at the Dragon’s Gate Orphanage
    *Help hang holiday decorations in the Marketplace
    *Clean up gravestones in Battlefield Park with the historical society
    *Canvas in New Haven for clothing donations
    *Pick up litter on the beaches of Seaside
    *Run a money collection box in Old Temple

((Write a post in this thread of your character completing an hour of volunteer community service and get 3 points added to your total for the Great Gobble Tournament! You can make more than one post, but you’ll only receive 3 points.))

((ETA: You don't have to have your character do one of the volunteer opportunities above! It can be anything your little heart desires :) ))
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Re: The Great Gobble Tournament: Volunteer Opportunities

Post by Andrea Anderson »

"I'm helping!"

"You're being a big helper." Andrea's response being for the young girl who's picking up leaves.

They weren't there to really pick up leaves, though... but it's not a bad idea to let the girl think she's helping; even if the real goal was just sitting at a table at the park while waiting for those passing by to throw a few bucks into a bucket for, who knows. Andrea honestly just signed up to sit there and make sure no one ran off with the bucket and ring a bell off and on.

"I'm helping!" Angela says again as she picks up more leaves and begins tossing them.

"You sure are!" Andrea even looked up from her phone to check on the girl. After the wine-bottle fiasco.. the FireStar ER visit, and the recent missing-girl moment at RhyMart, Andrea was making damn sure she kept an eye on her daughter!

"I'm helping!" -- "Mmhm!" Andrea's looking from her phone again.. only to spot the young girl now holding up a dirty knife. ".. Give that to--" Her voice cut off as the girl darted off. Obviously she had something her parent wanted, which meant she needed to play keep away with it! "Don't run with that!" And Andrea's rushing off to start the chase.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Mallory was used to hustling, though hustling for donations was different. She was used to getting dirty looks (and worse) for fortune-telling in her usual Old Temple haunts, reading cards and wafting incense and rattling bird bones in the shadow of RhyDin's holiest buildings; but doing it this way made all the difference in the world.

"It's for the poor, sir. Donations for Dockside Community Kitchen and the Southbridge Shelter. It's cold, it's after the harvest -- larders and wallets will be lean."

The goliath father of five who had been bristling over her work looked surprised and more than a little embarrassed. He adjusted the baby carrier around his torso and bent carefully for a closer, more critical look of the trinkets arrayed around the magical green fire she used to warm herself and her patrons.

"Well." He clucked his tongue, checked on the gaggle of goliath and half-orc children peering at the witch from either side of him, and relented with a sigh. "I suppose there isn't any harm in a few lucky numbers..." He fished out a fistful of coins and surrendered it to one of his daughters, who gleefully threw them into the donation box and giggled when they clattered around.

There were a few ways the witch knew how to play this. She could ask him his name and his zodiac sign, stare deep into his eyes as she offered him cards to pick from her fingers, try to feel how the threads of Fate bent around him...

...or leave his mind at ease by shuffling cards into stacks until they formed the sign of the cross (a match for the wooden pendant that hung from his necklace), then sweep them into two piles with several measured swipes of her right hand. Then she asked him, "Left or right?"

"Um, right."

She revealed three sets of cards with a gracious smile. "Sixteen for luck coming from your past, nine for luck today, eleven for luck in the future. Look for them, and you'll find your blessings." Seeing the apprehension beginning to creep back into his face, she added, "God bless you for your generosity, sir."

"And you," he managed another smile, shepherding his children along, most of whom were staring goggle-eyed at the witch and her trinkets. "Have a blessed day."

He wasn't five steps away when Mallory called out again, "Signs, portents, and lucky numbers! Get your fortunes told and help the needy!"
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Ring-a-ring. Ring-a-ring.

"I can't believe you talked me into this."

Teresa took a step back and beamed at him, hands joyfully clasped together in front of herself as she observed her masterpiece. "You make a very handsome Santa Claus."

Cane gave her a flat stare. "You're not making things better by comparin' me to a fat, old man."

"Eres guapo," she repeated, this time with heavy emphasis. "You are old, though. No denying that."

"I need a cigarette."

"Santa doesn't smoke. You'll set a bad example for the kids."

"Kids?" he asked warily.

"You didn't think I'd make you stand out here all alone, did you?"

"Hostia puta," Cane muttered.

"It's only an hour, I think you'll survive. And don't forget to ring your bell!"

The Cajun glowered at Teresa, but raised the hand-bell.

Teresa clapped. "Perfect. Now, make sure you smile and look somewhat inviting so people actually put money in the bucket."

"Why aren't you out here doing this with me?"

"I've got a class to run," she replied impishly. Just then, a trio of teenage students joined them. They were each dressed in varying shades of red and green, wearing striped stockings, bells, and elfin hats. The overall effect matched well with Cane's white fur trimmed Santa suit. "They're your people buffers," Teresa explained, for Cane had made a face. "We get to sign off on their school's community service requisites and knock out yours at the same time. Everybody wins."

"Smile," she reminded him.

He smiled his most charming, dangerous smile. Ring-a-ring. Ring-a-ring.
Ritzy
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Ritzy »

Ritz was lost again, he thought he would have figured out this city thing by now. He looked around and smelled a familiar sent. His heart raced and he picked up his pace. He was wearing his usual travel garb and it wasn't heavy enough for the low temperatures but he didn't mind, he loved the cold. A gull sounded a warning and he almost shot out of his boots, now running, had be finally found it!?

"The beach! The sea!"

He stared in wonder for a long moment. It was windy, cold and absolutely beautiful. The waves crashed on the shore, water as far as you could see. The Salty smell filled his being as he took it in. As he looked around he noticed people with bags and sticks cleaning up the beach.

He walked down and volunteered by grabbing a bag and stick of his own. What better way to send his praise to the land and sea than to clean it of unnatural waste.

He methotically collected and cleaned, using his ties to the land to find some waste hidden not far under the sand. After a while his bags were full, several of them and he was shocked to see such waste. Maybe he can do this more often.

He was tired and sat down in the sand, he stayed clear of the water. ...just in case.... he didn't feel like going for a swim or making a scene with all these people here. He watched the water for a long time relaxing.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

An Orc's Community Service

Jake's business manager and spokesmodel wandered into his office carrying a pamplet that she slapped down on his desk with a grin. "Jake, you should do this community service thing!"

"I should what?"

"Community service, you should take one of these activities and give something back to the community. You know as an act of good will. A way to promote the holiday season and thankfulness."

The orc eyed PJ dubiously. "Isn't making ale a community service?"

"Not like that, Jake. This is a volunteer thing. For charity."

"Who's Charity?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Work as a server or cook in the Dockside Community Kitchen

"What do you mean you don't like soup? That's what they're serving. Eat the soup."

A frail woman, someplace in her elderly years, with hair that had long since gone silver-white, waved a wooden spoon and pointed at the orc wandering the tables serving a beef and vegetable soup. "Miss Ramirez, could you please take Jake elsewhere to volunteer?"

"More, please" one of the homeless guests proffered his bowl at the orc

"Sure, you can have seconds." Jake pointed out a guy sitting over in the corner, slowly sipping from a bowl. "That guy over there looks pretty weak. You can probably take his."

*Participate in story time or arts and crafts at the Dragon’s Gate Orphanage

The half-orc sat a stool surrounded by kids aging from two or three years to around seven. Their eyes were wide as Jake told his story. "...and then the orc whelps all fought and clawed for their daily ration of food, with the stronger orcs beating up the weaker orcs and taking their shares of food. This is how the weaker orcs get weeded out."

PJ raised her hands and shook her head at the orc, desperately trying to get his attention. "Um, Jake, maybe that's not an appropriate story for..."

A stern-faced manager growled at PJ. "Go, just go..."

*Help hang holiday decorations in the Marketplace

"Jake, skulls do not count as festive."

"They do where I come from."

*Clean up gravestones in Battlefield Park with the historical society

"But, why would they bury the dead??? Don't they know that's how the dead come back? You have to chop them up and burn them so they can't come back!"

The exasperated business manager was already dragging the half-orc away by the arm. "C'mon , Jake, let's try the next one..."

*Canvas in New Haven for clothing donations

Knock, knock. The orc pounded on the door of a lavish estate not far from the manor Jake had once inhabited. After a few moments, a well-dress servant opened the door. Following a slightly dismissive look, the butler inquired, "how may I be of service?"

"Give me your clothes." The butler's face twisted up in alarm, and he rushed to push the door closed. The half-orc stepped in, using a boot to keep the door open and planted a hand on the doorjamb.

"JAKE! That is NOT how we ask for donations!!!" PJ pulled franticly on the orc's arm to get him away from the door, and then hustled him back down the driveway.

"It isn't? But you said we wanted their clothes?"

Mojo, the ever-helpful goblin was tagging along behind and chimed in for PJ's benefit, "Orcs don't have a word for donate..."

PJ's eyes rolled and she pushed the orc back to the street. "Moving on..."

*Run a money collection box in Old Temple

PJ looked at the suggested service list. "Yeah, we're just going to skip that one..."
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Detective Rachael Blackthorne returned to the temporary sanctuary of the brick and mortar building which housed the Eleventh Watch Precinct in Old Temple. Her scarred features briefly held a pensive cast before she schooled them into more impassive lines. Then she claimed the nondescript institutional functional metal and vinyl chair at her equally constructed by the lowest bidder functional metal desk and settled in to both log in her reports and check on any messages.

The Detective switched on her terminal and waited with studied patience for the spinning hourglass to clear on the amber on brown monitor screen. Rachael's sapphire-hued gaze, protected by the dark lenses of her Lunar Gray Gargoyle sunglasses, narrowed in study of the messages presented there.

RGardoza@NH03.gov Re: Clothing Donations Drive
SKBridges@OT11.gov Re: Funds Collection Drive

With a click of the putty gray computer mouse on her desktop, the Detective soon accessed the first message in the queue. Rachael's lips twitched in restrained amusement while she perused the correspondence.

Hey Rach.

The clothing donations drive is going well. Word went out that you were involved with it, and we may just top that last drive you ran before you left our district.

Question. You've still got connections in those dueling games, right? Do you know about some big half-orc trying to steal clothes in our district?

Anyway.

Hope to see you soon to catch up over some cerveza and taquitos at Mamacita Ruby's. You're buying the taquitos, I can't afford to feed you on my pay (haha).

Hasta la vista, amiga!

Robbie
--------
Robert Gardoza
Lieutenant
Public Relations Officer
Third Precinct, New Haven

Rachael's black leather gloved fingers played her keyboard like a concert pianist while she typed out a response to the message.

Robbie.

That is welcome news about the clothing drive. Since relinquishing that custodianship, I have, as it is said, continued to keep a finger on the pulse of events that occur in New Haven.

Regarding the reports of the half-orc attempting to steal garments there, those are most likely a grave misunderstanding. I know the one that is associated with the duels quite well, and he is not one to act in such a fashion.

I look forward to sharing cerveza and taquitos again to, as it is said, chew the fat about what goes on at our respective locations soon, but you know all too well how it is here. I remember the last time that we visited Mamacita Ruby's, and how much cerveza that you imbibed. We are therefore going Dutch.

Vaya con Dios, amigo.

Rach
-------
Rachael Blackthorne
Detective Lieutenant
Special Victims Unit
Eleventh Precinct, Old Temple

With two clicks of the mouse, the Detective both sent the message on and turned her attention to the next message in the queue. The scar along the left side of Rachael's face twitched in time with her heartbeat while she perused the amber on brown words that burned on the monitor screen.

Hey Lieutenant.

The fund drive's going great but the Captain's on the warpath about it.

Watch your six.
-------
Stuart Bridges
Lieutenant
Public Relations Officer
Eleventh Precinct, Old Temple

The Detective closed the message with a click of her mouse. I shall have to speak to Stuart about this privately.

"Detective Blackthorne, I need to see you in my office. Pronto," Captain Wesley Johnson declared.

And so, it begins.... "Oui, Capitan." Rachael rose from her chair, and her measured strides took her into the Captain's office. She closed the door behind her.

"What's this scuttlebutt about you running a fundraising campaign here?"

The Detective took a deep breath and released it slowly. "The campaign is to raise funds for charity in our district, Capitan. Those patrolmen and officers who are performing the collection duties are doing so on their own time, and not on the clock. It is good public relations for those of the Watch to be openly seen to perform charitable duties in the wake of such recent negative public perception, is it not?"

"Are you running it, Detective?"

Rachael regarded the much younger man with studied detachment. "I am in liaison with our Public Relations Officer with regards to the campaign, Capitan." Which is the truth, from a certain point of view.

"Mrph. See that it doesn't become a publicity nightmare and interfere with your real duties. Such as the stack of paperwork on your desk awaiting your review, Lieutenant Blackthorne. Dismissed." Johnson's voice oozed with unctuousness with his deliberate emphasis on her lower rank in comparison to his lofty title.

The Detective briefly dipped her raven-haired head in carefully feigned respect to the Captain. She left the office, closing the door behind her with extremely great care. Rachael reclaimed her chair at her desk and glanced at the foot-high stack of hardcopy reports that rested on one side of her desk. She sighed softly.

Miaow?

Rachael turned her focus from the paperwork to the young chocolate brown and white furred tomcat that sat beside her desk. A fleeting smile twitched to her normally stern lips as she slipped off her right black leather glove to give the tomcat a proper greeting scritch under his brown furred chin. "Oui, Clancy, he is on the warpath again," she murmured.

Mrrrrrow.

"Oui, I know. Best to return to your duties, before you are put on short rations."

MOW!

"You know that I shall not let that occur." Rachael retrieved a bag of salmon jerky from one of her desk drawers and offered a generous portion to Clancy. Her ungloved fingertips scritched the star-shaped blaze of white fur on his furry chest while he gnawed on the salmon jerky.

Once the tomcat finished his treat, he butted his head affectionately against Rachael's ungloved hand before he trotted away with his tail held high to resume his patrol for mice in the Eleventh Precinct.

The Special Victims Unit Detective's dark lens shielded gaze tracked the tomcat's progress until he disappeared from view. Then Rachael slipped her leather glove back on her right hand, retrieved the top sheet of paperwork from the stack and returned to her duties.
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Rather than wait for more traditional moments like Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve/Day, the Rhydin Shield Association had decided to open volunteer opportunities earlier in the holiday season. Today, instead of handing out soup or blankets, the RSA was hosting a charitable meet-and-greet with some of Rhydin’s economic elite. Film and theater actors, sports figures and self-made celebrities would do the greeting while those with relatively flush pocketbooks would plunk down donations for a meeting opportunity. Due to her involvement with the RSA since Wrecking Crew and Team Beat Down had united against Overlord Rakeesh Sah Tarna, Crew's subsequent participation in the Rhydin Shield Cup, her current standing as a Duel of Swords Baron and her overall Wrecking Crew based notoriety, Myria’d been asked to attend as a “Greeter”.

She’d arrived an hour or so before things had kicked off and almost immediately, the Greeters had started to quibble (first jokingly and then, at least for a few, far more seriously) about which of them would bring in the most amount of money. Two in particular, a stage actor named Golku Viznor and an orchestral conductor named Thaddius Kravok, seemed keenly intent on outdoing the other and ‘winning’ the largest amount of donations. Myria’d just rolled her eyes at the whole thing. She had no interest in joining the proverbial pissing contest. She’d wished them both luck with a ‘More power to you’ fist-bump and headed for her own spot in the Convention Center. She’d occupied her Greeter chair for at least a couple hours more before her first break. Thankfully, she had plenty of water and Silver Mark: Blue to keep her vocal chords nice and lubricated…some of these heavy-checkbook folks certainly loved to talk. But, she knew, the chance to raise additional monies for the RSA was too good for her to pass up.

Glancing around, she reached for a sandwich she’d brought to tide her over until she could get a proper lunch. The only person she actually knew (other than quick handshakes at similar events in recent years) was across the room, chatting with a father and two teenage children who’d, at least by their outfits (#22 racing fire-suits), had come specifically to see her. Iris Kokouri had always loved the limelight and looked forward to gatherings like this whereas Myria, fully cognizant of their importance and her place in the grand scheme, couldn’t say she relished attending.

Finishing her sandwich, she looked up at the clock. Her break was over and her line was at least eight deep. She tried not to smile as she wondered if she’d wind up beating out both Golku and Thaddius when all was said and done. Failing to suppress a grin, she sat up in her chair, gestured to the first person in line to sit in the one across from her, and opened with the RSA-sanctioned greeting: “Thanks for comin’ out. Pleasure to meet you.”

Penny Escobar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Penny Escobar »

Mid-day in the Marketplace on Wednesday

“Thanks for your help, Penny was it?” The exasperated member of the Keep RhyDin Festive Committee questioned before continuing, “I don’t know who thought it was a good idea to hire out wooly mammoths to bring in the Christmas Trees into the marketplace, but,” the woman sighed. “I guess we were on a budget. Anyways, thank you for… I don’t know what you did exactly, but it’s appreciated.”

The wizard in question looked over her shoulder to the trio of wooly mammoths looming around the large fountain in the center of the square, drinking and otherwise being patient. “They were just thirsty is all. It’s no problem.” Giving the woman a bit of a smile, she started to turn away before catching sight of some of the decorations hanging along the shop fronts in the market.

“Huh.” Penny said, a bit surprised.

The committee member followed Penny’s gaze and sighed again. “I know. Skulls as Christmas decorations? We had an orc stop by earlier and put those up. I don’t know what he was thinking. I need someone to get up there and fix it, we can’t have it scaring the children’s choir at the lighting of the Christmas tree.”

“Oh, you want it fixed? I can help with that too,” the wizard said.

Not an hour later, Penny was pulling her hands back towards her and admiring her finished work. “There. We’re all done now Garria,” speaking to the wooly mammoth who was hoisting the wizard up in the air with its trunk around her waist. Carefully, lowered to the ground, Penny offered a bit of a smile to the committee member walking up.

“That…wasn’t exactly what I had in mind Penny,” the woman said looking upwards.

“No? They look more festive now though.” Penny declared as brown eyes turned up to the hanging skulls. Which now all sported red Santa hats and white fluffy beards.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

With Christmas coming in a few short weeks, mid-November was about the latest that significant amounts of toys, foodstuffs and the like could be gathered for distribution around the city. And on one of the very last days that the RCHF (Rhydin Children’s Hunger Fund) was open for mass volunteer work, Matt, Koy, Thia and Malachite traveled to their Dockside warehouse for the morning session of toy-making. After a twenty minute orientation consisting of an introductory What-We’re-All-About RCHF video and a brief lecture of dos and don’ts in the warehouse (Do: Listen. Don’t: Run around like crazy people. Do: Have fun! Don’t: Spray glue on the floor. Etc. etc.), the foursome made their way into the main section of the warehouse.

Though relatively spartan in nature with gray concrete floors, no-frills overhead lighting and racks upon racks of non-perishable-food-filled boxes awaiting transport, RCHF staff had tried to bring some holiday cheer to the place with wall-ribbons and decorated Christmas trees. Dozens of nine-foot tables awaited the volunteers, whose task it was to wrap thousands of sock monkeys and other toys. Lining up at one of the tables with Thia and Malachite sandwiched between Matt and Koy, they set to work.

90 minutes and one-hundred-eighty-eight wrapped toys later (Matt: 55, Koy: 72, Thia: 36, Malachite: 25) between the four of them, all the volunteers were given hearty thanks by the RCHF staff, a sugar cookie, and warm memories of helping others to take home.
Iris Kokouri
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Iris Kokouri »

Catching Myria’s eye from across the Convention Center, Iris gave her longtime crew chief and sometimes friend a smile. The woman was a pain in the ass, after all, and moody. Plus she wasn’t altogether focused on Iris’ career, and that was a detriment to the entire racing team. But together they’d delivered a half dozen Braxat Circuit championships in the past decade and Iris had long ago decided that she’d put up with Myria’s constant charity-related obligations and participation in the dueling sports – which Iris herself had indulged in – as long as success was ongoing.

She didn’t quite know if Myria had got her on the invite list for this event or if all these people really wanted to meet a Braxat Circuit rig-racer but she was happy to do her part. She enjoyed meeting her fans, and people she could potentially turn into fans. She could model and smile and charm with the best of them but in these settings, she found sincerity played better than celebrity. She sat with a father and his two children for longer than she was supposed to, then glanced up at her line. Twenty more people were waiting, and more seemed to be gathering. She was going to be here a while. And that was just fine with her. She beamed at the young man who was just sitting down across from her.

“Great to meet you! We all appreciate your support! Now, in the few minutes we have, what would you like to talk about?”
Jigglypuff
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Rhydin Public Library - Strange And Magical Creatures Division

Post by Jigglypuff »

Allyse Mayworm sighed, silently cursing her bosses for forcing her to do this. They knew darn well she’d much rather be in the lab or researching in the Library or doing anything that didn’t involve…people. Masses and masses of people. But if it wasn’t her, it’d be them. And all of them would rather be researching or performing lab work. Anything to avoid…people. Masses and masses of people.

She sighed again, forcing a smile at approaching parents and children. She and several other Caretakers from the Rhydin Public Library’s Strange and Unknown Creatures Division were here in the Marketplace for a pre-Thanksgiving festival, an opportunity for the Rhydin Public Library to do some public outreach, show off some of the library’s more unique assets (such as the creatures they’d brought with them today) and ultimately, boost patronage.

Earlier, when they’d first arrived, she’d seen people frowning and pointing at several skulls dangling from Marketplace stalls and awnings. At first, she thought they were Halloween decorations that had just never been removed but someone had commented about a misguided orc and inappropriate Winterfest holiday trimmings. She decided she was better off not asking any more questions. Especially once they were adorned with hats and beards.

Some of the Caretakers had removed their creatures from their cages and were allowing children to gently pet (and in some cases poke and prod…those Caretakers would be making a visit to her office in the coming days for a dressing down) their charges. As for her, there was no way she was removing this freakish thing from its cage. She’d let people come up to its cage and look at it but there would be no touching, no physical contact. Even after all these years, she’d yet to crack this creature’s secrets. She’d let it play with the Outback’s opals, hoping that would give her insights but nothing had worked. She didn’t care how long it took. How sad the thing looked in its cage. How much it wailed or how much its eyes quivered with tears. She would, short of killing it, do whatever it took to learn what she didn’t know. One way or the other, this Jigglypuff would yield its secrets.

One way.

Or another.

Allyse Mayworm
Master Caretaker
Strange and Unknown Creatures Division
Rhydin Public Library
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

"But Lady Empress..."

"These will work too."

"Miss..."

"Hmm. That's a hideous dress." It went on the pile.

"My lady..."

"Do you think this will look good on me?" she held up a shirt, looked in the mirror, shook her head and tossed it on the pile as well.

"Mrs. Ravenlock?"

"Huh.. these shoes still have blood on them from some challenge or other." Into the pile!

"JEWELL RAVENLOCK YOU LISTEN TO ME!"

Jewell blinked, looking up at the aide. She had been cycling through assistants like crazy lately in an attempt to fill in the gaping hole Ishmerai left behind when he left her service. The knight had done just about everything for her. "Did you say something?" The angry red color instantly drained from the aide's face with Jewell's attention upon her, and the Empress was a little concerned. "What's wrong? You're not going to faint on me, are you?"

"I... uh..."

"Well, out with it!"

"I just think you were supposed to solicit donations of clothes in New Haven. Not uh.. go through your own wardrobe."

The faerie frowned, "What's the difference?"

"Um..."

"Exactly. Besides, after the disaster with donating those turkey burgers, I think I'm allowed to do whatever I want. Now, does this dress bring out the color of my eyes enough?"

Return to “The Outback”