By The Numbers

(n) 1 : a joker or blank card that the holder can play as any card.

Moderators: KhaoticBliss, Amare Kellis

KhaoticBliss
Adventurer
Adventurer

By The Numbers

Post by KhaoticBliss »

By the Numbers - Life Lessons from the Warlock

(writing them down so I don't forget)

Lesson One: Don't Talk about Things in Public if You Don't Want Everyone to Know.
See also: always be aware of your surroundings and mindful of who else is present. No matter how 'private' something feels, don't discuss things in a public setting unless you're prepared for them to become common knowledge.

Lesson Two: Don't Give Your Blood to Random Strangers
See also: Be careful who you trust, and who you let yourself get attached to. People can and will take advantage of you if they can. Not everyone who offers to help is actually going to.

Lesson Three: If You Ever Hurt Someone I Love, I Will Kill You
See also: Loyalty matters. Be prepared to defend and stand up for those you care for, no matter the situation. Also - don't be a ****.

Lesson Four: Learn to Use Your Emotions To Think, Not Think With Your Emotions.
See also: Don't make decisions when you're angry or promises when you're happy. Feelings will inform your choices, but don't let feelings make those choices for you. And **** sure don't let your feelings prevent you from doing what needs to be done.

Lesson Five: Nobody Owns Me.
See also: Never forget that you are your own person and the decisions you make are yours alone. Nobody can force you to do anything, and you shouldn't do things you don't want to do. Consent is required.

Lesson Six: Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.
See also: taking things for granted is bad. Love is something you work at by being mindful. And on a related tangent, love comes in lots of forms. What works with one person may not work with another.

This one I'm actually pretty good at already, but it's a good thing to remember, especially where relationships are concerned. That is, assuming I ever do the relationship thing again, ever. Cane seems convinced that I will. Me, not so much.

....Side note. Tonight I did a dead on impression of Cane--accent and everything!-- and neither of 'em blinked. The jerks.

Lesson Seven: Don't Make Assumptions
A whole lot of unnecessary drama can be avoided if you actually ask instead of assuming you already know the answer, no matter how well you know (or think you know) the person involved. Drawing snap conclusions about other people's lives shows a startling lack of imagination. Don't be boring.

If you realize you've made an assumption, own it, apologize for it and move on. Try not to do it again.

((This one is as much from Sal as Cane. Thanks, Uncle Sal! XD))

Lesson Eight: Just because someone desires you, it does not mean that they value you.*
* author credit: Nayyirah Waheed

Learn to know the difference. Quickly.

Lesson Nine: Give yourself something to look forward to that isn't a person.

A person, a relationship, they're nice but they don't fix or complete you. No one else can make you happy - only you can do that. Related: You can't live your life for other people.

Lesson Ten: Arguments Blow. And Then They Blow Over.

Sometimes you have disagreements with people, even the people you care about most, and that's okay. There is time to cool off and work it out later.

((These are all things Cane has actually said to Saila at some point, coupled with her interpretations of his meanings. Will be updated as she learns more things.))
feed my will to feel this moment draw me way outside the lines

Return to “Mistigris”