The Laudario of Sant'Agnese, Florence, ca. 1340

"Ne cherchez plus mon cóur ; des monstres l'ont mang". -- Charles Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal.

Moderators: Olivia Diogenes, Millicent Grim, Hunter White

Olivia Diogenes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: The Laudario of Sant'Agnese, Florence, ca. 1340

Post by Olivia Diogenes »

Liv was a tangle of honey hair, caramel skin and cappuccino-foam sheets. She was a vision of liquid silk, sweet and creamy on the tongue. It must have been hard to leave her that way. She hugged a braided coil of the covers as it wound across her stomach, down between her legs and curled to a cue around a calf. It was more like a declaration than a question mark. Though it had a hint of both.

She murmured to herself as she slowly woke. The kiss of a dream was soft and cloying on her mouth. He must have starred in it because her hand slithered across the bed to find him before she was even awake- instinct. Expectation. She rolled, exposing the warm violin curve of her hip to the air, like she was painting in dream-adagio silhouettes. When she didn't find him, or his warmth, with her hand she finally roused. Her eyes were a clarion call in comparison to the susurrus sepia of the vague, nascent morning. The ice blue of her eyes winked open and a wicked game of excitement and disappointment played upon her features. They warred there for a moment before they shattered in the sunbeam of her smile -- transformed into exuberance.

She inhaled like a gathering storm. Elation was alive and ebullient on her skin --and how it danced. There was nearly a scramble as she sat up. Briefly, she clutched the coil of sheet against her and then realized this was a silly affectation. She reached for the box as she crossed her coltish limbs. She pulled the card from its placement and pulled it to her, reverently stroking a fingertip over the paper before opening it. As she did she brought it to her nose and smelled it. She had always enjoyed the scent of parchment... but she was also scandalously in love with the nature of scent and how it lingered in her cells when it was related to him. She read the note with reverence-- steady, like pouring syrup. She let every syllable lap at and envelop her.

Her smile was almost chaotic, it was so hard to reign in. In the morning sunlight she bit her lip and cooed such a sound of delight it made the apples of her cheeks lackluster in comparison. She inhaled, catching her breath in childish anticipation. She pulled the ribbon slowly, like it was a piece of lingerie and a perfect evening had just started. She even undid the paper with loving ceremony-- every aspect savored. There was a hitch to her breathing as she pushed her fingers inside, and the inhale had a delicate tremulo that remained long past its time and its due.

First she pulled from the box the hair piece. She held it in her palms like an artifact she just lifted from its case, coveted and cherished and long-hunted, before placing it upon the white sheets. The shoes she also stroked, similarly. Picking them up in the sunlight and letting them sparkle and make light of her heart. She laughed quietly, and under her breath she wound his name -- an affectionate assignation with her tongue.

It took both her hands to steady the anticipation for what else was in the box. She smoothed her palms over paper and peeled it away. There was something a little naughty in the simple, youthful greed that glittered in her gaze as she exposed the dress with apportioned flirtation. Perhaps a portent of things to come. This revelation was mirrored then by a long, slow sweep of her hands over the fabric of the dress before she even lifted it out of the box. She caressed the beading, she fondled the sheer fabric with unbridled curiosity and adoration. The deep way she breathed made her chest rise and fall in sonorous tempo, so similar to the morning thunder of her pulse.

She lifted the dress carefully out of its trappings. As it rose it unfolded and painted a picture of her-- a ghostly dance partner. Her smile shivered and she could nearly not contain herself. With a graceful sweep of her arm behind the waist of it, she hugged the silhouette to her naked chest, and flopped back onto the bed with a soft, giddy sound. She was a girl in a dream, lost in the clouds, a halo of sun-spun hair. Alone, but never alone-- not with the way she held him in her mind's eye and ached in her heart-- Writ, it said. Over, and over, and over again.
Olivia Diogenes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: The Laudario of Sant'Agnese, Florence, ca. 1340

Post by Olivia Diogenes »

[Christmas... written with Writ]

She could be sneaky when she wanted to be. Obviously. But she wasn't really going for that this morning. There were, however, Christmas miracles involved on this festive morning. She had changed the apartment in a few different ways, but those were for him to find later. The real effort was the kitten. It took Matchka several talkings-to to get him to stay put enough and leave on the little stuffed reindeer antlers she tied on him. She backed away, held up her palms, framed him in the right-angles of fingers and thumbs...and waited. He left them alone. No more pawing them lopsided off his ears, or running around and shaking them off, no more complaining and scratching. He gave up. Her will just a little more stubborn than his. Success! Festivus-related learned hopelessness. We should all be so complacent.

So she slipped on her own pair of antlers, scooped him up and jumped back into bed right next to Writ. She made him bounce and jiggle awake with the weight of her thrown on the blankets next to him.

"Open open open," she fired at him too-quickly. On his chest, through sleepy eyes, he'd find a small square jewelry box with a bow. The bow was red and the wrapping paper was a traditional Scottish, and somewhat Christmas, red-black-and-green plaid.

Liv grinned at him expectantly, her colour theme all honey and caramel even with the antlers. All except her eyes which glittered and gleamed with anticipation. "I love you," she also added. Cause.

An unintelligible murmur bounced between his lips as Liv hit the bed. "Mrrnme kinmz bib.." the sleepy equivalent to Merry Christmas, baby followed by a soft affectionate groan.. as affectionate as a groan can be. Hazel peeked between barely parted lashes and his chest swelled in an inhale that made the little box tip forward and then settle back in the subsequent release of his deeply drawn breath. A smile slowly crept across his face and he turned his chin towards her- eyes and grin growing wider still with appreciation and slow-coming wakefulness. "Mm.. you.. you're the sexiest reindeer ever." Writ reached a hand up and flicked the tip of one of her antlers setting them and his smile slightly askew. He would have taken his time convincing her.. but she seemed like she was on the edge of combustion with an excitement that was basically vibrating off of her so he turned back to the little box perched atop his chest after giving her matching Matchka a scrunched up look of adoration and a sympathetic wriggle of his fingers to paw at- an attempt to make him feel a little more like the beast he used to be.. pre-reindeer assimilation. Gingerly, Writ picked up the box and held it in the palm of one hand, while the other (stolen away from Kitten Klauses vicious attack) tugged neatly at the ribbon, and nimbly peeled back the wrapping. He glanced at her with a softness that was bordering on wistful. A mental note made to tell her later that he couldn't remember the last time anyone had given him a gift. His fingers opened the box before he switched his focus back to his present.

He was right. She was beaming and giddy and barely able to contain herself. She wanted to nuzzle his sleepy face when he murmured unintelligible things because she was pretty sure there was a hard wire right to the middle of him exposed in those moments and she wanted to ride it like a slide right to his middle bits and fling things around and check under everything and cuddle up with him from the inside out. That flirty pillow party in his heart was shining out of her eyes when he spoke words other humans could understand. She made an unintelligible squish-squiggle sound and nodded at him emphatically, "You can show me how sexy you think I am after you open open open but I don't know what sound a reindeer makes and I wont make it anyway, so there, but I promise I'll make it extra difficult to hold on...." Ok then.... so that was the mood. She tilted her head, gave him that equally jaunty smile and leaned her chin down to lick his bare nipple as he opened the box. The box would open to a simple black clamshell, its seem edged in abstract silver designs that should seem....familiar. The design was certainly eastern European and hand made. She bit her lip at his wistful look and lifted her chin in a nudge for him to open.

He could feel her wade into his bloodstream.. Both in that soul-diving thing they did and by the steady kick of endorphins at the implied activities her words had provided. Difficult to hold on.. she'd said. It almost drew his attention back in her direction-- a harder fight still when she lapped at his chest like Matchka at a saucer. The jewelry box and his chest responded to their different manipulations with a snap. "Liv," he breathed, touching his fingertips to the thin circlet of silver. "I love it." Hazels moved from the incredibly thoughtful bracelet to her excited face and he popped up swiftly to kiss it-- catching her just below her chin. "It's perfect.. thank you." He whispered, bringing his eyes back to hers. "I have questions.. like where did you find it and what's the story here.." he continued, then held a finger up ".. but can you wait.. just one second?" It was framed as a question, though he didn't wait for her to answer. "Close your eyes." He demanded in a scrambling excitement that spilled out of him while he nearly toppled himself out of bed to get to his goal. He waited just long enough for her to potentially do as he asked then slowly reemerged. Something incredibly soft and dense was being dragged up along her legs and torso. When he pulled the fur blanket from its pilgrimage of hiding beneath the bed and along the Liv landscape, he smiled at her, collapsing back against the pillows after having tucked Liv's Christmas gift clear up to her chin.

She positively cooed when he professed his pleasure at her gift. The coo was multifaceted and lasted longer than your average coo so it continued through his kiss of her chin and curled up at the end with a little dose of glee. She inhaled to reply but then was quieted by his request to wait. Yes, of course she could, she nod-nod-nodded, her off-center antlers bobbing up and down as she did. The smile on her face was still radiant and morning-sun-like. Soft, curious peels of laughter began as she felt him get somewhat discombobulated as she began closing her eyes and she reached for him blindly as though she'd save him from toppling out of bed. She peeked once just after he got up, but mostly to you know, check on him... "Writ," she laughed. And she was laughing at them both. But her silence increased and overcame her like the gift did. She squirmed a little as it began but became more still during. She could...smell ...home. Like... a memory sitting on the border of her consciousness. She touched it once before it devoured her near completely. When she felt him back in bed with her she peeked, and then she looked. But the first she looked for was him ...and then at the gift. She inhaled slowly, through teeth and awe. "Like in... we... you..." recalling memories that were and never were. "It's....wow...I...I never want to get out of bed again," she reached for one of his arms and pulled her way towards him, fur wrap and all. She kissed the first part of him that she neared, which was the outer curve of his shoulder. She planted her mouth there with a fervent kiss. "It's so perfect... for...sooo many reasons," there was a little grin for him because she couldn't slay the things lurking around in her and he just made them more hungry when he made her so distinctly happy in ways she didn't know she could be.

A tentative look shimmered on his features.. like he was biting down on some explanation he didn't want to have to give. He hadn't been entirely sure how she'd receive the wolf fur, considering their history.. but she had spent those long days after .. well.. after.. curled up and rolling around in a blanket so similar.. and certainly didn't seem to mind the one from the dream he'd walked her into. He thought it worth the risk.. and it paid off. The expression was relieved fairly quickly. Remedied by how readily she did accept his gift as she pulled and draped it around her naked body like a royal robe. And that is exactly what it was. She never looked more like his queen than when wrapped in wild fur and her own bare skin. It made his nostrils flare briefly and his teeth set on edge.. in the best possible way. Pride and desire.. but also sentiment and nostalgia.. and a glimpse at a lifetime of similar moments to come. He wanted to.. bite her. To thrash around in a lazy but spirited tumble in high spring grass and watch the breeze of his touch.. and breath.. pull goosebumps to the surface of her smooth sun-honeyed skin. That would need to wait. For a little while anyway-- there was something he needed more of in that moment. Something he could only find in the lilt of her voice. Writ closed his eyes and leaned his warm shoulder into the press of her lips. "I love you." He said softly into the ear she'd turned towards him. "Tell me about the bracelet?" he asked-- his fingers lifting it out of the box and dropping it's length into the cup of his palm.

She saw the glimmer of his pause. She felt it in the air. Part of her understood and so her features softened and she added, "It reminds me of you....and him....but some of my favorite things....and I welcome the memories. I do," she told him quietly. She kissed his shoulder several more times, particularly for each of his comments. The last closed a chapter on his worry, unless it peeked at her again. She would assuage it in every way she knew how. She wasn't going to stop where she was, she hugged his arm until she released it as she sat up and climbed up over him. Caramel, cleverly beautiful queen, wrapped in spoils of his symbolic hunts around her shoulders and now sitting perched on his hips. She wore the blanket like a cloak, a regal adornment that fluffed up around her bare shoulders and framed her lithe body in its hulking, warm mass. Fur tufts peeked up from her neck and mingled with her bed-wild honey hair in a resplendent ruff.

She placed her palms upon his chest as she spoke. "You are my stalking forest panther, sleek and proud in the vesh. You are graceful and strong, powerful and noble, aware and regal. You are gentle and soft and sleek....but you are dangerous and never to be underestimated. I know there are not many wild cats in our vesh, but that is how I see you. Perhaps Ruv took the lone wolf avatar from you, perhaps I am sorry if he did? When you are playful I see wolf in you sometimes, too, but in bed you are my panther, and that's the story of you I wanted to show you... I saw it as a talisman.... a grounding tool of sorts. Something to meditate on and of course something to remember me by," she reached down to touch the thick silver lines with her delicate fingertip. "I did not just find it, I found something like it and then had them make it more of...our people. The original I saw was more Viking. So I shared with the metal smith some designs that I remember are important to things that are our own...and represent someone. I wanted you to know how you sometimes stalk my dreams, and how I see this in how you move. And how we play." There was a seriousness in how she said these things. Like the long, connected weight of an oral tradition. There was something of a witch-woman in her. In truth, more than they both knew. Her accent was even a little more pronounced. But when she said 'play' it was just Liv again, so bright in a shining smile, and she leaned all the way down to nuzzle his bare stomach with adoration and clear felinity. Both the adoration and the animal in her both yearned to share themselves with him and difficult to feel alone. So she...connected with him and kissed his skin.

When Liv mounted him, he tilted his hips from one side to the other until he was perfectly positioned beneath her, like a custom-made throne. There was an invisible rope that cast itself down from her moving mouth to tie tight around his heart as she went repelling down and within him-- to nuzzle her descriptions into his very fiber. He never had felt overshadowed by Ruv's position in Liv's life. It was funny to hear her speak about them like they were equally wild even when they were so different.. still.. not a beast.. and not just a man. The feral beat of their hearts always felt shared.. mutual.. and lone wolf became the sum of them, together.. not a pack.. but one purpose. One animal. The three of them. It made him incandescently happy to know she felt the animalistic similarities that he'd come to be so incredibly fond of and.. she was right.. there was something distinctly feline in the way they showed their affection.. especially that way. Her tone reminded him of Nisha as well... or his own, even.. spinning tales by the fireside.. and reminiscing the way he was made the room around him flicker. Dimensions overlapping. Time. Places. Laid on top of eachother like looking through tinted glass... and he could see himself through her eyes.. stalking like a great lithe puma, sleek, black, and prowling through the trees, - glowing gold eyes watching her from a distance as they walked parallel through the vesh. Writ loved her more in that heartbeat than he ever had. That's always how it went. Just when he thought he couldn't possibly love her any more.. something in his chest made room and simply said.. Yes you can. And then... he did. He put his empty hand in her hair and encouraged the rub of her cheek against the flat of his stomach- fingers curling against the curve where her neck met her skull in a press that he hoped would instinctively drag her along the length of him to his mouth. "Kiss me.. and help me put your talisman on." His appreciation coiled around the words in a rasp of heat. His hunger evident.. he knew if she didn't get this latched around his wrist quick enough.. it'd be hours before they'd get another chance.

She nuzzled him more than once, rubbing her features against his stomach and his chest like she was burying her face in him with an embrace. She inhaled him and let her hands slip to his sides, her fingers finding homes in the slats of his ribs. She held him like that, captive and foundational. Eventually she looked up at him, staring into him with the warm burn of her cold eyes. She kissed his skin here and there, like skipping stones, along the way as she slid up his body, urged by his hold. Her hands smoothed up his sides until one left his skin and found the bracelet in the palm of his hand. "I love you," she said against his mouth before she pressed her entire body down against him in a leaning skulk that slid her skin against his skin (her favorite place to be), all for the goal of their meeting mouths. "I've always seen you this way, it makes me feel more wild....like I found you in the vesh and you whisk me away to somewhere that is yours and I press may hands all over your fur and you wrap around me," she flickered the tip of her tongue against his lips, "and you keep me safe...and I want you everywhere. Your gift is like an extension of you... I felt that when I stayed with you when we were young...I felt it that night you came to me here.... I just want your strong, warmth to possess me... my flesh and my heart." She blindly sought his arm with one of her hands. Her open palm stroking down his arm to find his wrist. But first she pulled his hand to her chest and pressed his palm against her sternum as she fell into a kiss of his mouth that linked them in intent and pulse. "I love you," she said again, this time for his heart. And like the fateful maiden in the wood, when the kiss broke he would find her adorning talisman shackled on his wrist. Thief of his heart. Partner in all things.

It was like a magic trick-- Liv magic. The sneak-thief kind.. that leaned heavy on cantrips and sleight of hand. He was bracelet free one moment and in the beat of her heart that thumped beneath the fingers she'd pressed against it.. he was ensnared. There was no other way to be. Not for him. Completely enamored and entranced and willingly so. A moth to a flame the recurring theme. He took a moment to let his eyes fall on the silver adornment around his wrist. He liked the weight of it.. a reminder he'd never need but always want.. and he wriggled his hand about lightly so it would jangle- a faint tinkling sound emitted from where the link met the clasp bubbling up like the lightest of her giggles. The smile that formed was a bright blur to match star struck eyes. Ones that fixed back on hers and burned. His next move would be just as fast and hot-white. He grabbed her face, encasing almost the entirety of either side with both of his hands. He groan-purred passed that grin and smushed it against her lips, using the momentum to flop them over in a roll that sent Matchka leaping for the floor. He laid them diagonally over the fur that tumbled with them and he hovered to take in the fully pleasurable sight of her. "Merry Christmas, my love.. my lioness.. " The two terms syncing up to the kisses he placed along her jaw. Then he took in a deep breath-- Intoxicating himself with his favorite scent.. and did the thing he'd been dying to do.. he touched the points of his teeth to her neck and bit her gently.

Return to “Chemical Eden”