Heathen

“On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles. We too have been there; we can still hear the sound of the surf, though we shall land no more.” - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Moderators: Morgan LaLuna, Mart

Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Heathen

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Saturday, September 12, 2020(?)

I figured I would keep a journal. Or captain’s log. Or whatever. All of the best captains have them, right? Not much interesting has happened, really. Jim is teaching me how to pilot the ship, and started whacking me with a crop on the back of my head every time I called it a boat. He hates that. And I kinda hated his "reminders". So ship, it is. He's very picky about things, but I guess it's what makes him good at his job. Bosun says Gwen isn't totally hopeless… she's smart and catching on to keeping people on task… maybe she's figuring out where she belongs already. Maybe not. Either way, she is bossy af and I am so here for it. I don't know how the crew feels about me, but for now I guess I've given them enough money and promises of adventure that they're cool with me. Most of them. There's one that is kind of a jerk, but I avoid him.

My arms hurt like fucking hell, and I am pretty sure I'm already sunburnt. My nose and cheeks are burning. I get the big hats now. I'm a little eked out that I can't shower on the boat, but I use magic to get the important bits anyway. I feel like I'm the only person other than Gwen on this boat ship that doesn't smell like foot soup.

Seriously, the first merchant ship we catch better be moving deodorant.

-Morgan LaFey
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Re: Heathen

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Monday, September 14, 2020

Weekend don't mean shit on the ocean. Woke up Sunday on a fucking rowboat or something. I told the crew I wanted to learn the boat… and they took that shit serious af. Haven't slept since that and honestly… dog fucking tired. I mopped the deck. I peeled fucking potatoes. I just hope they see I'm trying to be the best I can be… honestly I think I'll have to live through at least one battle, though.

Fat luck. Not one sail or island yet. But it's okay. Gives me time to learn how to actually learn this shit.

Did you know the poop deck is an actual thing? Jim rolls his eyes when I laugh.

-Morgan LaFey
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Friday morning or something, September 18, 2020

It's really late. Or early. I'm gonna assume it's just really early. I don't know anymore. We were attacked on our way to our first port and these assholes had the audacity to we lost a few men, and there's blood everywhere. It's like no matter where I go it's all I can smell anymore. I'm pretty sure some of it is mine. Gwen fought like a beast, I watched her fight like a pro. Of course.

Has it been a week yet? I could really use something to make me smile.

I don't even have enough energy to even clean myself up... I really am going to have to scrub myself with something. Ugh. This must be why pirates are so salty. Because they gotta shower in ocean water. Probably going to wait until we can get the decks cleaned off, tho... It's already starting to smell really bad. So that's about to be really fun. We hope to get it done before the sun comes up and makes it stink even more.

I am throwing these guys a hell of a party. Bet.

-Morgan LaFey
Last edited by Morgan LaLuna on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Saturday, September 19 2020

We got to port sometime yesterday afternoon. Place called Shipwreck. It's amazing. The merchants are great, the tavern is great... it was all too great. Never trust a pretty devil. You think I'd learned my lesson by now... one tried to eat me. The other did. And then robbed me blind.

Kinda. Obviously I don't bring my entire bank account with me wherever I go... but seriously. He took my clothes. Longest walk of shame ever. Lame. Suuuuuper lame.

Kymus.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Sunday, september 20, 2020

Obviously I'm not staying in that tavern again tonight. Mart said I was allowed to use the device he installed, but had me wait a week. So I waited. It felt like forever. Know what tho? Wurf. 100%.

Walking into that house was like stepping into a dream. I'd never seen it before but it felt like home. It felt right. Mostly. I feel like maybe it was too quiet for some reason. The yard is so pretty. I wonder if Fate would be happy there? I'm happy here.

Dreams are crazy, aren't they?
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Monday, September 21, 2020

The ocean is so quiet. but also noisy. After civilization, it's like you can't hear anything. And then suddenly you can hear everything. Water, and air, and wood. I would say fire is missing, but it's totally here. It's just safely tucked away. because you know-- floating wood in the middle of nowhere.

We set out some time this morning, after I heard a handy tip from a friend about a nice hunting spot. A crewmate said the weather looked iffy, but Bosun said we'll be fine. I tend to believe him here, so.

Gwen has been wearing the fuck out of that white armor we found after the battle. I can't even hate... She pulls it tf off.

I can hear thunder.
Gwen Kasady
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Gwen Kasady »

Journal Entry #1
Saturday, September 19 2020

Morgan gave me this book sometime this morning. He said I should write in it, and...maybe it'll help?

Ever since we were attacked everybody has been watching me. They look away when I catch them looking at me but I know they are. I've caught Morgan and Bosun looking at me weird too. Morgan keeps asking me if I am ok but, I don't think he believes me when I tell him I am.

It's just...I've never seen that much blood before...or...

Anyway. Morgan gave me this book and said I should write in it. So here's me writing in it.

We're supposed to be making port sometime later today. Someplace he called Shipwreck something or other. He says he's throwing some big ass party for all of us. I just want to take a shower.

-Gwen Kasady, First mate.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Thursday, September 24 2020:

We probably barely made it out of that storm. We were able to fix the ship, but it took us a couple of days and it don't look great. One of the masts nearly came down, according to Bosun... but he said me telling the crew to pull the sails in a little might have kept it in one piece. He said we should head back where we can get her properly outfitted, and I honestly think we should skip Shipwreck. At least until I can figure out a way to make Forky miserable for putting his fucking hands on my Gwen.

I don't want to go back to RhyDin yet.

I still have really fucked dreams about alleys.
Last edited by Morgan LaLuna on Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Friday, September 25, 2020

Back on the sea. I'll take the boring quiet over storms and blood any day. This is the part I actually like. This is the part I live for. Battles are hectic. Storms are terrifying. Sailing is... calm.

Gwen told me she wants to heal, so I'm gonna start teaching her some of my healing spells, see if they stick.

I wonder if Mallory needs a cleric person? Those are the healy ones, right?
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Saturday, September 26 2020

On our way to port, we came across the nicest merchant ship you ever saw. We hung back, and waited until it got dark. We took the ship in less than an hour, and got a decent amount of stuff... mostly just goods. I did take some of the tea for myself, though. Just a few tins! The rest we can sell. New port means new merchants. I'll just make sure to be extra charming, and see what kind of money I can get.

The crew is super stoked.

Payday is coming.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Made it to a port. Didn't really explore much of the little town today... but tomorrow we're gonna look at every inch before we set off! Might be a while. Eh. At least it's not Shipwreck. It's way more quiet here. Slept on the ship after getting a pretty hot shower... my hair is thanking me. Gonna have to figure out something to do with it, if this keeps up. I can't waste energy cleaning my hair.

I'll ask around.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Monday, September 28 2020

This port is really small, and it took me and Gwen only a few hours to check it out. We think maybe it's more outpost than anything at this point. Not much to get into. But hey... I did get a really good dinner from the same place we got showers. Lady can cooook. I wonder if I can talk her into adding burgers to her menu. Gonna ask Bosun how often we might show up here.

Gwen probably sleeping like a baby, and it's pretty late. I should go to bed.

I'm bored.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Tuesday, September 29

Funny story. Got bored and decided to have a little magic fun for myself. Met up with one friend, added up bringing another one back stumbling drunk. Secrets, secrets. Guess I'll be giving a tour tomorrow. It's okay. It's Gina. What could it hurt?

She's not doing so good. I wonder if a little island getaway is really that bad for her? I'm gonna try to talk her into staying a few days. She wasn't making much sense tonight, but it kinda sounds like she's in trouble. I need to talk to Chae. Or Octavia. Probably both.

I fucking hate Johnny Black.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Wednesday, October 7

Haven't written in a while, I know. It's been so busy. Fixing the Heathen, and making sure things are set to head out... Learning shipping lanes and trade routes is like banging my head against a wall. But Bosun says I have to do it. He's been on my back every day. But I get it. He wants to see things go right. I think he's planning on retiring. I am trying to keep him as long as I can.

I feel like I'm living three lives.

In one, I am the Captain of the Heathen. Learning, and sailing. I don't wear a shirt on my boat hardly ever. Only in port. It gets too hot, and it's something I can do here. They all have their stories. The men and their scars. They never asked about mine. But I think they know now. I think they have some idea.

My second life is still in RhyDin. And Cadentia. I duel sometimes. I miss it too much. I got pulled into a team, and... I'm okay with it. I like the team. Cadentia is... I don't know. I'm really just taking advantage. So is he. All of it together... Makes things complicated. Sleep is... I dunno. Just... It makes me appreciate the third.

The one where I have a home. The one that is quiet, and alone. But it's also lonely sometimes. Because I don't bring anyone home. I don't want anyone there. It's my getaway. Sometimes I wonder if maybe it's not just a dream that I have, when I go there to let my brain rest. I can't go too often...

Because sometimes, I just never want to leave. I want to curl up in that giant bed and sleep forever. Snuggle up with a dog I don't have. I don't even know why a dog. Just seems right. Something with curly orange hair and those eyes that hide behind the fluff. There's cookies there. And flowers that smell like heaven.

One day... I'll probably choose one of my lives. Or die living one of them.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Friday, October 9 2020

I love coming across the islands. Most of the time. The port towns are almost never boring. The food isn't always great, but it's edible. The people are... they're people. Not much different. Of course. And there's always going to be some jerk who does everything they can to make life miserable for everyone else.

Doc Skinny. I guess he's the guy everyone goes to here. Tolhazy Reef. I had to ask what the place was called. I keep forgetting. He don't like me. I don't know why. I was polite. Like they told me to be. He said he didn't like my face. Half the port won't give us the time of day. The other half is telling us to leave. D.S. threw something at me as I got on the boat. I think. I am pretty sure. I don't know.

I don't feel great. I think it was something I ate.

Return to “Heathens”