Drop A Line

“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”

Moderators: Patrick, Mallory, Eri Maeda

Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Re: Drop A Line

Post by Mallory »

Text to Phil: my old roommate Spencer did more than half of mine, but the place where she works was booked pretty solid last time I made an appointment
Text to Phil: the Laughing Jackalwere has done a lot of my recent work. great artists, queer-friendly, and they have special needles for skin that heals too quickly.
Phil Goshawke
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: #10 Halflight Hollow, The Gloaming at the Canopy, Twilight Isle

Post by Phil Goshawke »

Text to Boss Mallory: I'll look into them both, it's not a big deal if I have to wait especially if I'm permanently altering my appearance.
Text to Boss Mallory: I've read they sometimes sketch first or work off of pictures you've drawn, but do you have a photo of the knife?
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Text to Phil:
Yuki Sasaki
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Yuki Sasaki »

Text to Hana: gold statue? vacation? im coming back to the shrine now
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Bailey eschewed using one of Twilight Isle's courier goblin's to send his message down from the Citadel of the Stars to the Tower of Earth. Instead, he sent his most trusted golem, Proxinho, to hand-deliver his message to Mallory, or any of Mallory's verifiable stand-ins. It waited patiently by the cliff-face until it delivered Bailey's message. Despite the fact that it came on the Archmage's stationery, inside one of the envelopes he'd been using for letters during his reign, it felt rather short and informal for a letter -- more like a text than anything else. The usual precision in Bailey's handwriting was also missing.

Mallory,

A long shot, I know, but what books does your library have about the Fae? Let me know if you want to take a look around my shelves in exchange.

Also, do you have any witch hazel?

Bailey
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

A stone-skinned gargoyle soared to the Celestial Citadel, its eyes, its wings, and its snapping tail covered in wispy shadows. It bore a paper bundle in its claws, containing both fresh and powdered witch hazel, as well as witch hazel lotion. There was also a note:

Bailey,

The Tower’s gardens are plentiful; but if you need herbs from me in the future and I’m no longer Keeper, please ask all the same. The Lyceum receives a steady supply of ingredients like these, and we get good prices from our merchants.

For the other matter, you should come see me at the Lyceum after hours. Let me know when you’re available.

- Mal

As soon as the delivery was completed, the gargoyle turned to solid stone and fell backwards off of the Citadel, impacting the forest somewhere below with a cartoonish dust cloud.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Text to Patrick: Penny’s challenge, Thursday at 8:30. you gonna be there?
Text to Patrick: gonna be calling and showing a new guy the ropes. Phil- he works at my shop now.
Patrick
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Patrick »

Text to Mal: you heard from Penny??
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Text to Patrick: no. you haven’t?
Text to Patrick: someone posted to the cork for her on the 8th. I figured she must be on a job
Patrick
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Patrick »

Text to Mal: Haven't heard from her since the 3rd. Told me she'd be back for your party.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Text to Patrick: huh. I have a ring of hers somewhere...
Text to Patrick: gimme 10 minutes.

Text to Patrick: wtf is she doing on a remote island?
Text to Patrick: is this Mai’s fault?
Text to Patrick: I’m calling her. if she doesn’t have a way to reach her, I’ll figure something out.

Voicemail for Mai: Hey. I just did a scrying spell for Penny... and she’s on an island somewhere. The only maps I can find show open ocean where she is, though... Shuffling sounds. A reef called ‘Sailor’s Folly’ and fuck-all else. Left on the 3rd, was supposed to be back by the 10th. You’ve got a way to get to her, right? Call or text me back.
Patrick
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Patrick »

Text to Mal: She texted me on Friday to tell me she went on an unexpected work trip with PJ. Seeing as the night before she'd told PJ she'd meet her at the dock, I assume they took a boat.
Text to Mal: I don't know if it's Mai, though. Penny hates the ocean. Like.. literally. We don't even go for walks by it. I don't think Mai would send her on a boat trip after last time.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Text to Patrick: she’s not alone, so small favors. and she should be ok, at least.
Text to Patrick: even though Mai probably didn’t send Penny and PJ, she’s really resourceful and probably better than me at getting them back. and Penny could fry Temperance, right? but if Mai can’t, I’ll figure it out.
Text to Patrick: promise.
Patrick
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Patrick »

Text to Mal: Wait... are they in trouble? Or are you just assuming?
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Text to Patrick: I don’t know. the two most logical conclusions in my mind are that the job got complicated, or they got stuck. hang on... I’m gonna try to reach her
Text to Patrick: technically I’ve never tried this before so it might take a while

Text to Patrick: I talked to her. it’s taking them longer than expected AND they crashed their boat. told me to tell Mai.
Text to Patrick: she seems alright. with any luck she’ll be back in a couple days. <3
Text to Patrick: circling back in case Mai can’t get them a ride. Penny fries Temperance, right?

Text to Mai: found out more information. they went to this place to fight sirens and ghosts, but crashed their boat on the way. they def need help getting back.

Return to “Blood of the Covenant”