“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”

Moderators: Mallory, Eri Maeda, Patrick

Phil Goshawke
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: #10 Halflight Hollow, The Gloaming at the Canopy, Twilight Isle

Re: Drop A Line

Post by Phil Goshawke »

At some point during the day, a raven flew into the Lyceum, clutching what looked like a manila interoffice envelope in its talons and dropping it into the waiting (and possibly surprised?) hands of Mallory. If she looked carefully, she might be able to read some of the scratched out names of various Horace Daniels Amalgamated Magitek & Thaumaturgy employees and departments on the front and back of the envelope, including Phil's at the very bottom. Inside the envelope was a thumb drive, a leather-bound book, and a hastily written note.

Boss Mallory,

I got the IT guy to loosen up the intranet protections enough to get PDFs of the books you were asking me about downloaded onto this. I also skimmed the table of contents of them briefly but I'm not really sure how useful they'll be given the information you were asking me to get for you. History of Mummies, Golems of Myth and Legend, Homunculi & You, mostly very basic information on what they are, what they look like, etc. The stuff on how to kill these sorts of created beings was a bit above the security level I felt comfortable breaking into at work. But I did manage to find something that might be interesting. Troubleshooting Your Galateid. Chapters seem to suggest a breakdown of all the ways that creating one could go wrong, including hybrids between other types of created beings. Close to what you wanted maybe?

I also tracked down a signed copy of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein in the archives and took the liberty of liberating it. Everyone says it's fiction but they also say Frankenstein's monster was a prototypical created being so maybe there's some truth in the fiction?

I hope all is well.

Your student,

Phil
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Maybe it was when Phil was sifting through papers on his desk, or checking his bag, or getting his mail -- but at some point, when he reached for something to read, his hand found a letter with a familiar red seal.

Phil,

This is incredible, and thanks doesn't begin to cover it. I've wondered before if Shelley met any students of the great alchemists of Prague before she wrote Frankenstein -- or read their work. I think there might be a code in the note she made when she signed this copy, but it'll take me a while to be sure.

I'm doing well. I've just completed an important ritual. Malleus will tell you more about it. I don't know how to put it into words here. Giddy? Terrified? They've got the benefit of more distance and less personal attachment, so they'll probably explain it better than I could.

There's a circle on the reverse side. Stone dust will reveal it. Leave it on your nightstand when you go to sleep -- I've got a new boon to offer you, and Malleus will deliver it on my behalf.

Be safe. Keep striving. I'm proud of you.

- Mal
Penny Escobar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Penny Escobar »

Initially at the newest arrival of the Sato family Penny had come bearing a gift basket (with a stuffed rabbit of course) and a flower arrangement, Peonies to welcome the newest warrior and future Drift and Heavenly Queen.

After a mildly heated exchange between Penny and Mai (expected considering their friendship), Penny left.

Monday morning, a delivery would be made to Mai and Saori's home. It was a small box containing a trio of freshly harvested, black irregular pearls.
Asami Ito
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Asami Ito »

Rappapa Group Text: koro is in for surprise
[Attached is an image of Neko sleeping in Koro's doggie bed, with Koro oblivious since the puppy is too busy barking at the television]
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Yuzuki Kuwabara »

Rappapa Group Text: A group rafting trip on the river in the forest next week? We can take our tent along and camp on the way.
Taiko
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Taiko »

Rappapa Group Text: ok
Reira Tanaka
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Reira Tanaka »

Rappapa Group Text: no one complain about the snacks I get unless you give me a list
Hana Sasaki
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Hana Sasaki »

A call was placed to the Heavenly Queen Meeting Hotline, most likely to be heard sometime in the morning.

"This is Sasaki Hana from the Zama Shrine." it was late and this is a message after all — so she could leave this somewhat brief. "There's an odd feeling coming from the direction of Dorm 2.. I'm going to need to take a look tomorrow? So if you all could schedule something to make sure everyone is out of there for a few hours, I'd appreciate it. Thank you."
Reira Tanaka
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Reira Tanaka »

Rappapa Group Text: surprise sale at jusco
Rappapa Group Text: right now
Rappapa Group Text: bring car
Taiko
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Taiko »

Rappapa Group Text: im playing mahjong w katsu
Rappapa Group Text: whats on sale?
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Yuzuki Kuwabara »

Rappapa Group Text: I'll meet you there. Tomo has to drive though. I had two 40s
Taiko
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Taiko »

Rappapa Group Text: whats on sale?
Reira Tanaka
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Reira Tanaka »

Rappapa Group Text: dont know everything but theres lots of shoes on sale

minute later

Rappapa Group Text: saw some mattresses with cut prices and bedding too and there's something going on in the food area but theres a crowd so I cant see
Reira Tanaka
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Reira Tanaka »

Rappapa Group Text: tomo the snackcakes you like are getting discontinued btw
Rappapa Group Text: I cant carry all of these
Taiko
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Taiko »