Kabuki Street Community School

“The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.”

Moderators: Patrick, Mallory, Eri Maeda

Yuko Kubo
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Re: Kabuki Street Community School

Post by Yuko Kubo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:28 pm

After lunch on Friday the 8th, a large number of fights were reported among the tougher local girls in various parts of the school. Several were sent to the clinic with minor injuries. Before the end of the day the culprit was apprehended and sent to Yuko's office. The principal shut the door and the conversation that followed was in tones too low for passers by to determine any of the nature of it.

Nevertheless for the remainder of the day rumors circulated that the sudden rash of fights was the work of some reactionary new unit of delinquents, and ranged to extremes such as wild rumors of a cyborg delinquent created by a mad scientist with connections to the city government. Principal Kubo was quoted as saying these rumors were 'preposterous beyond belief'.
Yuko Kubo
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Yuko Kubo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 am

Following her meetings with two students apprehended for the fighting, Yuko stepped out of her office with a sheet of paper in hands. She sighed, moving over to the attendance desk. There she took up the pen and scrawled in the names Asami Ito and Yuzuki Kuwabara into the day's detention list that would go out to the needed teacher who would oversee the afternoon. Once that was done she went out the main office door into the corridor, approaching the bulletin board where the schools officially sanctioned clubs posted. Taking a spare push pin from the cork, she pinned the page she held to the board.

-11/9, the brassband club: Rappapa-, the page read. Under that headline was a signature, Asami Ito - president. Beneath that in a different handwriting the signature of Yuzuki Kuwabara. Her own signature of approval for the club had been added a line below. The lower left quadrant of the page was taken up by a printed symbol, a stylized red and black floral crest. The principal gazed at it for a moment before returning to her office with a private chuckle after the door closed behind her.
Asami Ito
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

The Proclaimed Strongest! The curtains raise to a new Sukeban.

Post by Asami Ito » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 am

With the brassband club officially created there was nothing stopping her from claiming a spot for her own within the confines of the school. The spot chosen would be perfect, at least by her standards, and would do well with what she wanted to do. The far side of the building which housed the schools swimming pool — what had been used for storage would be emptied after her request was made on Friday, and it's there that she stepped into the former-coaches-office-turned-storage-room to take in the sight of it without the clutter of old gym equipment.

The main room itself was small in a way and perfect for an office, though there was a door which lead into a secondary room; a secondary room meant for storage compared to the whole of the former office space itself. Asami stepped through the door and gave it a look after flipping on the light. It would be good enough for her — there's space for a couch and possibly a few other things, while the old office room itself was spacious enough to allow two or three people to use it as a small workplace, but there wouldn't be bigger desks and the like cluttering up space once she began the process of directing the furnishing efforts.

"Yuzuki." She directed the girl with voice and soon after a pointing of a finger. "Put it there."

Yuzuki was leaning with her shoulder resting against the frame of the opened door of the office-turned storeroom, holding a carefully folded piece of fabric in one hand and a bag from the Kabuki Street hardware store in the other. She pushed away from the threshold with her shoulder to step up beside Asami, looking at the place where the self proclaimed sukeban of the school pointed. "Right" she said with a nod, moving over to stand on tiptoes to set the line in place along the back wall. Once she was sure that it was close enough to level, she carefully draped the red banner with the floral logo of the Brassband Club: Saikyou Budouha Shuudan Rappapa. She took a step back, making certain once more that the banner was straight and even. "Well, that's it" she said as she turned to Asami. "It is started now."
Yuzuki Kuwabara
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Yuzuki Kuwabara » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:42 am

Yuzuki was trying to keep quiet, but made some small sound as she was placed on the club room couch. Apart from that the whole side of the school was quiet enough to hear the humming sound as the pool's pump kicked on, vibrating through the former-office walls slightly as it cycled. There were several cuts on her face, and though there were fresh blood drops on her uniform top and she'd been face down in a red puddle on the tiles, even the deepest of them above her eye seemed to be strangely closing up on its own though when first inflicted it had been a wide cut. The delinquent's large eyes turned up, looking for Asami. The swelling seemed minimal there, though the skin was bruised dark across the bridge of her nose. "How bad?" she asked, sounding tense and frightened as her slender hands clutched at the sukeban.

The way the wound had been closing on its own was something Asami noticed without much delay, which is why her actions hadn't appeared hurried as she began to open up the first aid kit; at least until she had to reach up to grasp at clutching hands to pull them away. "Kuwabara.. calm down, your wounds aren't bad." Though she first needed to get through the process of disinfecting the areas and washing things out, which she did thanks to a pop of a bottle and a dabbing of a cotton ball.
The one who inflicted this on Yuzuki was in the room as well, and looked rather damaged as well with her lip had been cut. She let out a soft huff then turned to leave with the partings words of, "I'm going to the nurses office.. I'll come back later." before leaving.

The part-youkai yanki relaxed, hands lowering once Asami grasped at them to pull them out of the way. They came to rest on her own stomach, folding there. The assurance of the sukeban's voice seemed to calm her, enough so that she was still even as the dabbing of the cotton ball made her grimace a bit. She heard the soft huff from her opponent, tension lifting her shoulders and making her teeth clench together. Once she had left, Yuzuki's jaw relaxed and she asked worriedly. "Will I have a scar?

"Probably not." It could use more words -- something along the lines of: you seem to be healing fast enough.., but she didn't add that on. With the area disinfected she'd pop open a bottle of ointment and begin to carefully settle it here and there along where the cleaned cuts had been formed. "The cream should make sure of that.."

Yuzuki looked a little ashamed, as it was unflattering of her delinquent character to be concerned about her looks. But clearly the idea had unmistakably upset the gate guardian. There was a hint of unease remaining, mostly due to having lost a fight that she had thought she was winning up to the very end when the tables had turned. No doubt with the fights the previous night and the two she had won in the morning she had gotten well accustomed to coming out the winner and this loss had put a few cuts in her pride as well as her face. Still, the reassuring words from Asami seemed to restore some sense of calm, and the ointment that was settled with great care along her various hurts diminished the pain as soon as it was in place. Her eyes slipped shut from the relief and her chest finally heaved a bit under her uniform top as she took a deeper more normal breath. "That feels better" she said in a soft voice, eyes opening to look at the leader with gratitude.

"Your uniform took damage, by the way... I suppose you'll have to get it tailored." The comment came after she set a bandage over the first of the cuts, only to begin the process of peeling another from its wrapping so she could do it again for the second -- and so on with the third down the line; though the larger cut couldn't be easily covered by a bandage so she used clean gauze and medical tape for that. "Sit up," She'd say while taking a bottle of simple pain reliever out from the package and began to undo the child protective cap. "Are you upset that you lost?" The question may have come out of the blue there.

"My uniform got torn?" Yuzuki asked, having not even noticed. "What was that that she did?" she wondered vehemently, still unsure how such injuries had resulted from what had seemed to be just ordinary punches. She thought that over, being still and ceasing talking so that Asami could place the bandages. She sat up slowly when told, in case any dizziness or sickness came to her head. None seemed to, and she looked at Asami then the botttle she was opening once she was sitting up on the couch again. "Yes, I'm upset" she admitted in a quiet voice. "She won. I can't take that from her. But if she joins I'm the bottom of the group now. It hurts to go from second to third."

"She used the wind." Explaining it in small detail, which didn't seem to help detail wise; but she thought it got the point across either way. "She'll be joining, as a Heavenly Queen.. it's boring that she didn't want to fight me, but I suppose that's how is." She was somewhat disappointed, and while her expression might have seem void of such a feeling, there was a hint of it there. "She's Majisu. Tanaka Reira, I saw her back on Earth from a distance, but she used the same abilities then as she does now." Passing over the two pills she took from the bottle. "She was a Heavenly Queen there as a freshman, but left after two years.. so this is where she went.. You did well, Yuzu. Your duty as gate guardian is to ensure only the strongest can face me.. you've brought Rappapa a strong new member.. through defeat, you have made Rappapa even stronger.. The gate guardian may be at the bottom, but their job is the most important.. you are the first line of defense, the first test.."

"The wind.." Yuzuki nodded, wincing a bit and lightly touching the bruised bridge of her nose between her eyes. Her eyes seemed focused all the while however, without any sign of potential concussion. "Why doesn't she want to fight you?" she wondered, not as disappointed as Asami seemed to be, but more confused. "Majisu.. that makes her special?" she murmured as she took the pills that Asami handed her, holding them in her palm for the moment. Her large eyes raised again to Asami's, looking startled at the idea she raised. "I'm needed." she declared, more a statement. "But I need the club too.."

"If I recall correctly.. she did not fight the Rappapa leader of Majisuka either.. she simply wanted to be a Heavenly Queen.. the position of sukeban is something not everyone wants," Though she leaned back to rest against the couch, though she made no motion to move Yuzu away from her. She instead looked toward the window that was covered for the moment; the one which looked out toward the pool. "Majisu is important.. When people hear Majisuka around here, they know what it means.. To have her as a heavenly queen, and to say she fears fighting me, it sets an image in their mind.. A girl from Majisuka does not want to fight the sukeban.." her voice trailed.. and for a moment, a grin appeared on her lips. A rather unhinged one as her eyes stared off in an unfocused way. ".. They'll feel that is disrespectful, and they will come to tell me that with their fists.. and I will crush them." She paused though the look remained -- at least until her eyes ticked to the side to look toward Yuzu, and her grin faded to return the neutral/tired look to her features. "And you have Rappapa.. you're my gate guardian."

When she wasn't moved away from Asami, she leaned to rest her back against her even while the sukeban rested back against the couch. The chain of fights had left her exhausted and there seemed little strength left as she relaxed against her so that the back of her head could settle against her arm. Her eyes looked up and didn't recoil away from the grin or the unfocused look, remaining still. "Well, she insulted me, but if she's needed I will ignore it.." she said, pleased expression fading in the face of the usual neutral look she saw. "I need you too, as well as Rappapa" she added, gaze turning away for a moment.

What came wouldn't be words but instead the feeling of Asami's hand coming to settle atop Yuzu's head. She kept it there while her lips remained unmoving and her eyes settled on the covered window once again. "You have me. I am your sukeban, after all." is what finally came after almost a minute of silence on Asami's end. The talk of insulting though, she pondered this and spoke back. ".. Insult her back then, but I'll have to order that you two are not to fight one another seriously.. I need you both strong to fight for me."

Yuzuki found that the minute passed comfortably, even with Asami silent, as the hand settled atop her head caused her large eyes to slip shut again and her breathing to settle into a comforting rhythm in the rise and fall of her chest under her torn and blood spotted uniform top. "It's good then. Just, nothing better happen that makes you leave us" she said, in a voice that was slurred a bit from the drowsiness that had settled over her from the day of fights and present relaxation. She didn't grumble at the order that was passed down to her. "Alright then. I promise" she agreed, even though having to agree to it made her teeth clench for a moment.

"I have no need to leave.. I will crush those who stand in my way, and you will be there beside me when I do it. You're my Heavenly Queen, where I go -- you follow." She explained this as if it were the most logical thing in the world; as if saying the sky was blue. A fact. Her hand moved from Yuzuki's head and settled within the confines of Asami's own lap, but she did not move from the couch. "Rest now. You're tired and need to recover."

Whatever notion had caused her mind to worry was fully put to rest by the matter of fact logical way that Asami explained and assured her. She took the pills that she held in her palm and swallowed them presently without moving her head, though her head tipped back a bit against the sukeban's shoulder as she did. The reminder of her fatigue saw Yuzuki yawn now, her hand covering her open mouth while her jaw stretched. "I am tired" she agreed. "I can just rest my eyes for a few minutes.." she decided, and soon after they closed the rise and fall of her chest took on a slow steady rhythm as she dozed off.

(collaboration with Asami's player with thanks! )

Return to “Blood of the Covenant”