January 2021 Archmage Tournament

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: January 2021 Archmage Tournament

Post by Max Lager »

Here's the official write up for the January 2021 Archmage Tournament!
We had 11 people show up so this made for a single elimination tournament!!

Seeding:
1. Haru
2. Rachael
3. Eregor
4. Colleen
5. Karma
6. Morgan Chae
7. Eden
8. Hope
9. Jaycy
10. Mallory
11. Atiea

Round One
1 Haru with the bye
2 Rachael vs 11 Atiea – 2 Rachael wins, Atiea out
3 Eregor vs 10 Mallory – 10 Mallory wins, Eregor out
4 Colleen vs 9 Jaycy – 4 Colleen wins, Jaycy out
5 Karma vs 8 Hope – 8 Hope wins, Karma out
6 Morgan vs 7 Eden – 7 Eden wins, Morgan out

Round Two
1 Haru vs 10 Mallory - 10 Mallory wins, Haru out
2 Rachael vs 8 Hope – 8 Hope wins, Rachael out
4 Colleen vs 7 Eden – 7 Eden wins, Colleen out

Round Three
7 Eden with the bye
8 Hope vs 10 Mallory – 10 Mallory wins, Hope out

Round Four
7 Eden vs 10 Mallory – Mallory wins the Archmage Tournament!

Eden walking away with second place is also awarded the Keeper's (Peeper's) Blessing!!

Congratulations and thanks again to everyone who came out!
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Bailey and I will be facing off for the Celestial Citadel on Tuesday the 12th at 8 ET. Eden has agreed to call!

- Mal
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Warm up from the winter cold tonight and checkout...

the Archmage Challenge as Mallory faces Bailey for the key to the Celestial Tower!

Enjoy a build-your-own ramen bar with your choice of toppings --- choose from a variety of broth bases (veggie, beef, chicken, fish), and then build your bowl to your heart's content!

Guaranteed to warm you inside and out! Yum!

To drink, enjoy your choice of Ramune sodas:

Pro-tip: ask the Isle's very best goblin bartenders to mix your favorite flavor with the alcohol of your choice!

For dessert -- well, Eden chose the desserts!

See you there!
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

This challenge happened tonight as scheduled! Bailey was represented in the ring by his proxy, Cuervo, and Mallory was represented by her own specter proxy!

Mallory is a first-time winner of the Archmage tournament but has formerly held both the Towers of Air and Fire. Bailey is a three-time Archmage and was looking for his fourth defense!

The first fight see-sawed between Cuervo and the specter in the early rounds before Mallory started to open up some distance between them.

FINAL: Mallory def. Bailey Raptis, 5 - 2.5 in 9 rounds.

For the second fight, Cuervo chose to fight in the majesty that is the Olympus ring! Cuervo jumped out to an early lead in the second fight, and the specter never managed to catch them with the score an almost exact reverse of the first match!

FINAL: Bailey Raptis def. Mallory, 5 - 2.5 in 12 rounds.

The early rounds of the third and final fight went back and forth between our fighters. But in round five, Mallory found the lead and she never gave it back!

FINAL: Mallory def. Bailey Raptis, 5 - 3.5 in 8 rounds.

With her win, Mallory secures her first ever Celestial Key and the title of Archmage as well as the TRIPLE CROWN!

Congratulations Mallory!

Well-reigned, Bailey!
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

At some point after the Archmage challenge, Bailey posted a letter to the various dueling corkboards, written in neat handwriting on white stationery graced with yellow stars scattered around the margins, with his name and his twin titles of 69th Archmage and Baron of New Haven at the top.

Dear Mallory,

Congratulations on your victory and your ascension to the Celestial Citadel as the 70th Archmage of Twilight Isle. As the outgoing 69th Archmage, I can finally consign this stationery to the dustbin of history.

I am kidding, of course. Nearly two years ago, during my reign as the 67th Archmage, I sent you a letter in which I stated that I hoped we might some day meet and compete for the right to hold the Isle’s most prestigious tower. And although I do not think the challenge was anything like we might have anticipated it would be two years ago, with one of my proxies fighting one of your specters, it by no means diminishes the joy I have that such a thing came to pass, or the pride I feel now that you have reached the highest heights in Magic, and achieved the Triple Crown of dueling.

You are going to love it there. The magical research facilities, resources, and tomes are second to none, and I can only imagine what things you will discover with time and effort. The sky is the limit for you, as they always say.

Perhaps some day, if there is a rematch, we might be able to face each other face-to-face. Until then, though, I remain, as always,

Your friend,

Bailey Raptis

Return to “Twilight Isle”