Challenge for the Tower of Water

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Bellamere
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for the Tower of Water

Post by Bellamere »

Posted to the Magic regulation cork board was a simple missive. The only magic around it preventing it from being altered.
Eregor Túr Gairdín,

My time in these realms dwindles weekly and there are somethings I wish to accomplish before it comes to an end. I have given ample time to allow for other challengers to your title and as none have presented themselves of late, I will seek a rematch to our first encounter. As you are not tethered to fate, I shall once more seek to bring the tower back into the proper order of the universe.

Sincerely,
The Sublime Bellamere
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Re: Challenge for the Tower of Water

Post by Eregor »

Pending validation of your challenge, consider it accepted.

Eregor
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

This challenge is valid and may proceed!

We're excited to see the Keeper's Blessing that Bellamere won in the most recent Archmage Tournament put to use!
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

Bellamere,

As I had previously accepted this challenge, pending validation, and it has since been validated, I wait to hear from you regarding scheduling. You can leave word for me to arrange a meeting at the Shanachie Theater or Kabuki Street Community School in Rhy'din, or at the Gardenhome Orchards storefront in the Twilight Market on the Isle.

Eregor Túr Gairdín
Bellamere
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Bellamere »

Per indication from all, the caller for this Duel will be Eden Parker and provided all goes as planned, the challenge will take place on Sunday, October 4th at 9:30 Post Meridiem Eastern Standard Time.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

What a close exciting challenge tonight! This was a back-and-forth challenge that went deep into rounds, befitting the skill of these two fighters!

Defending Keeper, Eregor Túr Gairdín, requested Ring Poseidon right at the start of the challenge. These two competitors have faced each other in the ring before, so we got down to business!

In the first fight, Eregor found an early lead and slowly and steadily kept building on it. Bellamere was chasing the whole time, finding himself behind the whole way, but keeping things close, keeping the Keeper from running away with it. At one point down 2-4, Bellamere fought back to a score of 4.5-5. But in the end Eregor found the edge he needed and came away with the first match.

Eregor def. Bellamere, 5.5 - 4.5 in 14 rounds.

But Bellamere is a seasoned challenger, and he came back in the second match, overcoming an early lead from Eregor, holding him off and scoring three unanswered points to take the win.

Bellamere def. Eregor, 5 - 2.5 in 13 rounds.

The third and final fight was another long and close battle! Eregor opened with a strong lead, but soon we returned to that see-saw style we'd seen all night with Bellamere coming back close in round 5! Two quick rounds later and Eregor had managed to get himself just a half-point away from victory! But Bellamere refused to be counted out! Scoring in rounds 9 and 10, Bellamere tied the fight up and brought it to SUDDEN DEATH! It took three more rounds of neck-and-neck battling, but Eregor managed to pull it out in the 13th round, perfecting his fifth defense of the Tower of Water with a 6-4.5 score!

Eregor def. Bellamere, 6 - 4.5 in 13 rounds.

Congratulations Eregor on your FIFTH defense of the Tower of Water!

And well-tried Bellamere!

Return to “Twilight Isle”