Tuesday July 7th - 8 PM ET
After five long years, the Megacast is back! To celebrate 25 years of Duel of Magic, come out on Tuesday, July 7th at 8 PM by the Eastern clock for a night of mega-spellcasting, barbecue, and prizes!
How does it work? Here's a refresher:
- It's everyone vs. everyone else!
- Each participant gets 10 HP and 4 MP. ((OOC: MP are your mod points -- they represent and work the same as normal foci.))
- Once your HP runs out, you are eliminated from the Ring.
- It's that simple!
Spellcasting starts at 8:10 PM ET. Please sign up below as sign ups will be limited to the first 12 16 participants. Not in the top 16? Sign up anyways and I'll put you on the priority list should one of the 12 not show.
1. Michelle Montoya
2. Regina Wellston
4. Morgan Chae
5. Morgan LaFey
7. Mathian Shadowsoul
9. Maggie Harker
10. Rachael Blackthorne
11. Anubis Karos
12. Eden Parker
13. Matt Simon
16. Rini Chikara
- At the start of each round, you will pick two spells and a target. The first spell is the primary spell, and it stands as your offense. The other spell is the secondary spell, and it's used to defend against others' primary spells if you are targeted. For this incarnation of the Megacast, Nether Ray, Immolation, and Elemental Fury are not allowed. The target is just that -- where you're aiming that primary spell!
NOTE: An example of an accepted cast per round is as follows -- 1. Mage Bolt - Royal / Mind Whip
- There will be a "turn order" set before the Megacast starts, and it will determine the order that spells are considered to be casted. This matters mostly in the case where more than one person attacks a single duelist. So in a brawl where the order is Royal, Jesse, Nayun, and Na-rae, if Royal and Jesse both attack Na-rae, Royal's primary spell will be matched against Na-rae's secondary spell, and Jesse will hit Na-rae unhindered. After each round, the turn order is shifted forward by one duelist -- so whoever went first in one round will go last in the second.
- Turn order will be set by sign ups.
- Instead of choosing to attack with your primary spell, you have the option to employ a Static Defense -- defending someone instead of attacking them. This is shown by putting SD in front of your target.
NOTE: An example of an accepted cast per round is as follows -- if Royal wanted to cover Max with RF and counter with WB, she would send "2. RF - SD Max / WB"
- 3 minute maximum to cast between rounds, please. This format is not a quick one! Exceeding 3 minutes once will result in a friendly reminder from the caller. Anything after that will result in a null round, meaning no spell was invoked and the opponent's spell scores for maximum damage. After a null round, the duelist is still not allowed to use whatever spell they most recently used -- that way the null round does not serve as a type of disengage. In the case anyone needs more than 3 minutes for an urgent/special circumstance, please alert the caller, opponent(s), and the room so that they know you need a few minutes and will return.))