Twilight Alliance – The Cycle of Earth!

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Twilight Alliance – The Cycle of Earth!

Post by Max Lager »

Cycle of Earth: August 25, 2019 – October 26, 2019

The Goblins need our help! Just after midnight, on August 25, there were several minor earthquakes that rumbled through the Goblin settlement on Twilight Isle and several of their homes and belongings were broken or shattered. Please come out and help these hard workers of Twilight isle! You can help by donating cookware, assisting with debris clean up, repairs, teaching updated earthquake safety measures, or whatever you may believe to be helpful!

In addition, being active in our magic rings will help provide additional magical assistance to our Goblin friends! Dueling just three times in the entire cycle will help!

Come out to Twilight Isle and see what grows from it!

Provide assistance during this cycle and get marked for being a friend of the Goblins!

((OOC: This is a cycle long event, where players can use the writing prompt provided above or write up something of their own, as long as it is in some way assisting the Goblins in some manner. Link your post, your scene, your blurb, your vapor reference about your character helping the Goblins below in this thread and you will get a special icon!

Just want to duel instead? That’s fine too! Dueling in Magic only three times between the days of Aug 25 – Oct 26, 2019 will also give you the same icon!

Please have fun with this! Enjoy!))
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Re: Twilight Alliance – The Cycle of Earth!

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

⁠— Come...

⁠— Come...

⁠— Come to me!

The sudden scream reverberated throughout Andrea's mind as she became suddenly alert.. not only at the scare, but at the fact that she couldn't breathe! Her body writhed within damp wetness while her panicked mind knew not of what was up or not. It was dark, too dark to tell where the surface could be. This was water, wasn't it? She's inside water.. and the way it rocked, the expanse of it all, and the way it stung her nostrils and throat when she took a sudden rush of it. Salt water, she was in the ocean.

The panic continued until her foot knocked against something solid. From that her mind could only assumed what she touched had been ground of sorts, and she used this to push herself up while she clawed and swiped at the water around her until..

The stretch of darkened sky and bright stars that made up the tapestry of Twilight Isle's heavens. She gasped then hurriedly coughed while trying to get some sort of clue to where she could be. Twilight Isle, yes, but where exactly at Twilight Isle? Andrea coughed, saliva and mucus snorting past her nostrils for only the briefest of moments before she sucked it back in, or what much of it she could, as she took in a deep breath to try and calm herself. You're fine... you're fine... is what she told herself as she finally took notice of the nearby shore and made her way over.

From the water and onto the wet sand. She'd crawl a few paces before pushing herself to her feet and began to walk up the beach. Her feet were hurting, maybe she scraped something during her push in the water. The next step she took almost had her tumbling, but she quickly caught herself with a hand on the sand -- and after a brief moment to register everything, she'd choose to just turn about and fall onto her backside.

Her chest heaved as she concentrated on breathing for now.. She was wet, of course, not only her; but the clothes she had worn to bed. Pajama-pants and t-shirt.. Both soaked and a breeze from the sea had a chill running up her spine. Sitting there though, even for the brief time she had been, had her body starting to show the wear it suffered from this late night trip. She felt sore, and the scrapes on her arms and the pain coming from her feet -- which she realized was due to the many small open cuts on them, most likely had been due to a trip through the forest. A trip she had not even a memory about..

"Hey, Andy." A voice came from behind her. Andrea quickly looked over her shoulder while clenching her fist to see.. A goblin, okay -- goblins.

"What're you doin' on this side of the Isle? Aren't you and the old Archbae supposed to be shacked up elsewhere?" The goblin jerked a thumb over her shoulder toward the treeline.

"Where am I?" Andrea said, only to be met with "Twilight Isle, ya' dingus.. where else?" -- "I think she's askin' what part of the island?" another goblin corrected, which had the first correcting herself with, "Oh. On the west side.."

Andrea, having been on the Isle for a few years now, knew how the goblins were. Honestly she liked the blunt nature some of them had. She drew in a breath, held it, and finally exhaled a slow - heavy breath. "Can you give me a ride back to the dueling area?" She asked. Maybe they have a truck or one of their motorbikes somewhere.

"We're about to have queso with burgers.. and I ain't goin' anywhere, I don't wanna miss out." The goblin bluntly said while crossing her arms. The other two with her nodded in unison. They didn't want to leave! "Yeah, it's food time." -- "Food time!" they said.

"But i'll give ya' a ride after if you do us a favor." The talkative goblin said with a wide, toothy grin at the exhausted and still oh so wet Andrea.

Andrea stared for what had to have been ten or so seconds before lifting a soaked shoulder in a heavy shrug. "What?" If this is going to get her a ride back, that's fine with her.

"The cheese is way too hard to open..use your humie hands to do it." -- "Yeah! Open, um.. please!" The second goblin spoke up after the first as he shuffled over while pulling out a glass jar of queso from his knapsack. "Do the thing.. Twist, twist." He instructed with his hands after setting the jar in Andrea's waiting hand.

Andrea looked from the queso jar, to the goblins, back to the jar, then out to the ocean..

Pop!

She opened the jar.

And the trio of goblins cheered.
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Emergency Preparedness

Post by Michelle Montoya »

August 27th,
Twilight Isle

“To summarize, there are three important things to remember when it comes to Earthquakes. First, stay calm. Second, if you’re indoors stay indoors and hide underneath heavy furniture. Third, if you’re outdoor stay outdoors and find a clear place to stand away from buildings.”

The semi-circle of goblins nodded, some with notebooks that they’d scribbled on with what she hoped were notes but was definitely, in some cases, doodles.

“Come back tomorrow and I will give you some emergency preparedness training and help you set up kits for your homes.”

An elderly goblin with fuzzy wisps coming out of his ears reached up to shake Michelle's hand. “Thankyou-thankyou for coming. Always nice to have a bigfolk come and give us some learnin’s. You said by-the-by that you could help us with the gardens yes? They got very ruined, much ruined, in the shakings.”

“Yes, of course,” Michelle followed him to the community gardens the goblins kept. She had a green thumb or two and so she spent the rest of the day getting herself dirty and helping to bring some of their more tender plants back to life. Although there was no setting sun, she knew it was late by the way her stomach groaned.

“I’ll bring the kids to help out tomorrow Rogkit. And I’ll be here every Tuesday and Saturday to help out as needed.”
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

Twilight Recovery

Ebon and Doran help with the recovery.
Helea Alwin
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady in Wight

Post by Helea Alwin »

"Wassat?"

"I dunno.."

"It's comin' right for us.. should we do somethin'?"

"It doesn't look mean.."

The two debating goblins were busy squinting at something off in the distance.. a white blob of some sorts, that seemed to be shuffling closer and closer as the seconds pass.

Very, very, very.. slow seconds.

The two goblins waited.. and waited, and waited, until going to investigate began to come across to one as a better idea. Curiosity is one of those things that can get you into trouble!

"Wait, wait!" The more passive goblin said as the other quickly started off to see what exactly this white blob is, but a good goblin can't let her friend go alone!

"Is that.." The quicker goblin said as the second one caught up to him. "A snowman?"

"Huff, huff.. Huh?" The other goblin was taking her time to catch her breath; she's not the most in shape goblin! She looked up and saw exactly what her friend mentioned. A snowman.. and it was shuffling across the grass in their direction. They waited there with a perplexed look on their face for a few minutes, but as the shuffling snowman neared they parted ways to give it enough space to continue on its way.

The not-so-out-of-breath-now goblin did a little fast-walk to follow the snowman along the trail of snow it left behind — which seemed to be going on for quite the ways and wasn't appearing to melt due to the more warm weather of Twilight Isle! But back to the goblin. The goblin followed along the trail, leaving little footprints in her wake, as she tried to read what was pinned with a small dagger to the snowman's back.

Max,
Enjoy a little winter on the Isle.

Love,
Helea

"Hey, lookit--" The goblin turned to speak.. only to get a snowball thrown right into her face! She sputtered while quickly trying to wipe the snow from her face and looked with a fury at her friend who was busy rolling in the snow and laughing.

"You...! I'll get you for that!" she exclaimed and quickly began to pack her own snow ball.

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!!" Another voice, and another, they yelled out as more and more goblins quickly rushed over to the trail of snow and began to play.

And while they played, the snowman continued to shuffle on its way.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

Royal & Nako Iijima helping the goblins on 10/15/2019

Royal
"I'm going as fast as I can!" She'd exclaim to the handful of hungry goblins that currently surrounded the patron side of the bar. A few of them were being good little goblins and sitting on the stools, while others were attempting to climb over the bar -- or pulling at other goblins who were doing the climbing so they could try climbing too. And what exactly is Royal doing? Maybe queso. In a large sauce pan. Cut cheese chunks were still in the process of melting and the woman's wrist was getting a little sore with the way she's pushing, prodding, and trying to stir the mixture so that nothing on the bottom would get stuck and burnt. Making cheese is a science, after all! And while doing all this with one hand, she'd be using the other to nudge and flip burgers on a grill.

"Feed us, spawn of Claire!" one of the goblins whined, which caused a few more of the other goblins to whine.

Royal
"Stop eating all the chips, you'll spoil your appetite!" She inwardly cringed after saying that after she realized she's sounding like a parent right now.. and her threats of a spoiled appetite didn't seem to phase the goblins either, who only paused and stared at her before snapping another chip in their mouth collectively. At least the cheese is melting more.. a few chunks of cheese still here and there, but the more she stirred -- the more those chunks became less and less. She'd cut the heat on the cheese some, but continue to stir while she reached out with her other hand to start sliding hamburger patties atop open buns.

Nako Iijima
"Hungry?" Nako asked as she walked up to the bar from the sandy path. She was eyeing the climbing goblins, and Royal working at the grill. She didn't admonish them, but seemed curious as she swept her dyed hair away from a shoulder. "Want some help?" she chimed up to ask Royal.

Royal
"They've been busy all day doing... something, they won't tell me though. But they started demanding food." She then gestured with the spatula to tell Nako to come behind the bar. "Could you finish up the burgers? Put everything on them, except leave two without pickles. She doesn't like them." Pointing at one of the goblins who made a face at even the TALK of pickles.

Nako Iijima
"I see" Nako said serenely, moving to get an few elastic ties from her jacket to put her hair back in twin tails so she could come back and take the spatula and start assembling burgers from the grill. She made the pair without pickles first so she wouldn't forget then started plating the finished ones one by one. "Must be a big project" the short delinquent said serenely, looking around to see if any new structures, or at least any large holes in the ground were apparent.

Royal
There's a giant mud pit by the looks of it.. among other things, one of those hidden away by a tarp -- and when she tried to get near it earlier, the goblins got upset with her and demanded she go cook for them instead. The cheese at least is fully melted, so she grabbed the ladle and began to pour the queso into small bowls. One bowl poured and passed to the first goblin on the right, the next one poured -- so on and so forth, until all the goblins now had bowls of queso in front of them; and they began to quickly dip and eat their chips. Royal started to help Nako with the burgers then so they could start passing those out too. "I'm guessing it has something to do with the Archmage Tournament."

Nako Iijima
Nako's eyes peered and narrowed a bit at the pit and the tarped work, nodding as she continued to blindly assemble the burgers to serve. In spite of not looking at her work, the burgers were still neat and perfectly topped as she plated them. "Oh, it's a surprise then!" she said, smiling happily at Royal.

Royal
"Few asked me if I'd join, but I'm not sure if I will." Sure, she's a mage-rank, but she still wasn't sure if she'd join the tournament or not; being Archmage has a lot to do with it, and her work on the Isle might not allow her to actually have fun with the title as much as she would want. With burgers, chips, and nacho cheese -- the goblins were in heaven. Some were dipping chips and their burgers, while some ate them separately.. but both were making a mess of themselves. "You want a burger?" She asked Nako while putting a few more patties on the grill.

Nako Iijima
"Hm, you think it'd be too busy?" Nako asked, guessing at Royal's reason for uncertainty over joining. "I never made rank. But then, it's hard to find the time. Becoming a great wizard and being the best assistant is busy too" She looked at the burgers on the grill and nodded. "Yes please!" she piped.

Return to “Twilight Isle”