The End is Near! (Ragnarok Boss Battle)

Twilight of the Gods, Duel of Magic's premier annual team dueling event.
Jexart Fizzleboot
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

The End is Near! (Ragnarok Boss Battle)

Post by Jexart Fizzleboot »

”The infinite isn’t endless
The everlasting will be cut short
The sun will set on Twilight Isle
The End Bringer will hold court

Judgment has come
Salvation is near
Beware, you must flee
Lest you lose all you hold dear

Ten days remain.”

--The Prophet

Ye hear that? Twilight Island’s time is runnin’ out and if we don’t do something fast, we’re going to lose her! Kaboom, jus’ like that. No more dueling. No more towers. And most importantly, no more home for all these goblins. We can’t have that. After all, I jus’ finished refurnishing my place, what with all the gold I’ve been making off this shindig. Anyways. That’s neither here nor there so don’t go telling nobody I told you that, ye hear me?

I’ve got it on good authority from the Four Ladies that we can still stop him. We just need to send the best of the
best to take him down. Him who? That’s right, I didn’t tell ya that part, did I? Ye see, all this mana in a pocket realm’s like a pot ‘bout to boil over. Gotta release the steam or else bad things happen. Been so long we’re overdue for a cleaning and sure ‘nough, this one’s coming to clean us out for good. Reset the realm, if ye will.

Do ye want that?

DO YOU?!

Me neither.

We want the best and brightest for this expedition and we only got ‘nough room for two per team. Check out the specifics down below and figure out who’s up to sacrifice… er… volunteer their services for the good of the Isle. The expedition leaves on Friday, June 12th at 8:55 pm by the Eastern Rhy’Din clock. Don’t be late!

Prizes for Victory!

• The two TOP DAMAGE DEALERS will be awarded 50 points to use at The Black Market and an Unstable Ragnarok Gem.
• Anyone else, not including the top 2 damage dealers, left standing after the The End Bringer is defeated will be awarded their choice of 25 points to use at The Black Market, or an Unstable Ragnarok Gem.
• Should you be knocked out, you will be rewarded 10 points to use at The Black Market for your help.

Attention!

Our counter-spells to withstand the force of The End Bringer are limited!
Each Ragnarok team will have TWO picked among them to help stop this threat. They will be chosen by their performance throughout the tournament.
Should a duelist be unable to participate, their captain may replace them. If a team is unwilling to participate or be unable to make a choice, the captain/co-captain of the winning Ragnarok 2015 may choose among their own or other teams to fill in the gaps.

Current Listing of invited fighters.

Pugno Gentes

1: Gren Blockman [[Confirmed]]
2: Matt Simon

[Backups: Cassius, Kheldar]

Team Dirty

1: Zack Alcar [[Confirmed]]
2: Hope

[Decline: Claire Caelum, Shadow]

The Azure Covenant

1: Shae Stormchild
2: Melanie Rostol [[Confirmed]]

[Backups: Grace Frigg, Venalia Dawnblade]

Keeper Knights

1: Neo Eternity [[Confirmed]]
2: Ahni Valyntine [[Confirmed]]

[Backups: Rachael Winter. Decline: Rena Cronin]

Post your intent to be there or not. If ya gotta pass to a teammate, let 'em know. Sooner the better!

________ ( OOC Boss Information ) ________

The fight will be an 8 man fight.

Normal Abilities - Boss / Player Specific

Duelists and the Boss will use the DoM Matrix. NR / IMMO / EF and Foci will not be used in this encounter.

Boss Special Abilities
  • Judgement: Shield of the Unmaker

The End Bringer sets a mighty shield before him. The crackling energy surrounding it thwarts all would be attackers.

All offensive spells reflect back to the party. All defenders will be left unharmed and gain an advantage against The End Bringer

Example: Duelist A chooses magebolt while Duelist B chooses shield. The magebolt damages Duelist A for one point, while Duelist B is left unhindered and scores .5 against the boss.

** Ability may be used twice. **

Word of Doom: The Shattering

The End Bringer's gaze turns on a select few of the party. It heralds doom that could soon come.

Around half of the party will be affected by `Word of Doom: The Shattering`

It will work as followed.

Round 1: `Word of Doom: The Shattering` is cast. A select number of the party will fall under its power. Their spells will fizzle and cause no damage to the boss. The spells of those unaffected will score without resistance.

Round 2: Those affected by `Word of Doom: The Shattering` will be unable to cast. The boss will do .5 Auto-Damage to the party. All attacks made on the boss will score without resistance. Duelists may choose to free their Doomed party members by foregoing attacking the boss and choosing to aid a targeted ally instead. Once freed of their doomed fate, the now free duelist will be allowed to cast the following round.

If not freed...

Round 3: Should any Doomed duelist not be freed, they will lose all HP and be knocked out.

** Ability may be used twice. **

Call of the Cataclysm

The End Bringer knows that the time is ripe. The end time has come.
    The End Bringer begins to cast his spell of destruction without fear of what will become of him.

All damage to the boss will land without resistance during `Call of the Cataclysm`. Every duelist left standing will take 1 point of damage automatically. The boss will take 1 point of damage for each point of damage it dishes out.

** Ability will only be used once. **
Fourth
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Fourth »

There has not been, in any world, for any reason, a fight I've turned down.

Consider me in.
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Gren Blockman »

I am willing to participate.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

I will not be in attendance for this event. I wish you all well and pass my spot to Shadow.
Shadowlord
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Shadowlord »

Thank you, Claire. I'll do what I can to defend the Isle.

~Shadow
"Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate; and though I have oft passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

I was going to try to be there but I'm thinking time constraints will work against me. As much as I hate to do this, I'm pulling out and giving my spot to Ahni.
Neo Eternity
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Seraphim Knights Leader

Post by Neo Eternity »

As a Seraphim Knight and also as a former coordinator, I have double the motivation to take this guy down.
-- Neo Eternity
Seraphim Knights, Leader
Retired DoM Coordinator
Zack Alcar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Zack Alcar »

I should be able to make it.
Ahni
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ahni »

I SHALL PUNCH MISTER ARMOR PERSON IN THE FACE!

Oh, and kill him. YES KILL HIM!

P.S. MELA I FOUND THE CANDIES YOU TRIED TO HIDE ON THE CABINET SHELF THAT IS TOO HIGH
Shae
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Shae »

I shall be there.
Neo Eternity
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Seraphim Knights Leader

Post by Neo Eternity »

Ahni wrote:P.S. MELA I FOUND THE CANDIES YOU TRIED TO HIDE ON THE CABINET SHELF THAT IS TOO HIGH
Damnit.
-- Neo Eternity
Seraphim Knights, Leader
Retired DoM Coordinator
Jexart Fizzleboot
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Jexart Fizzleboot »

Hour and 40ish minutes til we get movin'! Erryone better be there!

Since they went and won the rest of the fights this year, any'ne showin' up on behalf of Pugno Gentes will receive one healing potion to use during the battle.

Use 'em wisely gents!

[[Healing Potion submitted just like a spell to the caller, followed by the target. Ex: Round 10: Healing Potion, Jesse. Can be used on self or another party member.
Ragnarok
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ragnarok »

THE END BRINGER

TOP DAMAGE OF THE NIGHT
Shae Stormchild & Neo Eternity
Prizes: 50+ Points added to their Black Market total and an Unstable Ragnarok Gem.

Ahni & Gren may choose between an Unstable Ragnarok Gem or 25 Points to use at the Black Market.

Ahni has chosen the 25 Points added to her Black Market total.
Gren has chosen the Unstable Ragnarok Gem.

Grace, Zack, Hope, and Matt will receive 10+ points to their Black Market total.

Return to “Ragnarok”