What Married Ladies Do

Tales from a menagerie of characters.

Moderators: Talathian, Kenzi, Rayvinn

Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

What Married Ladies Do

Post by Rayvinn »

"Did you hire a new boy to pour tea? I am positive I have never seen him before."

"No darling, he used to dust the cobwebs but he is so pretty that I thought he should serve the tea today."

"Excellent idea! I am sure I married you because of your fabulous mind." Not that Rayvinn could even remember marrying Jewell, let alone for what reasons.

Speaking of tea, the elf held up her dainty little teacup and gave it a little wiggle so the cute new serving boy would refill it. Yes, they had been speaking about him, and his cuteness, like he hadn't even been present. When he filled it halfway with peppermint schnapps and then topped it off with tea and a sugar cube, she was staring at him as if she were looking into the face of a deity. Well, maybe not, since it was well known that Rayvinn and the Gods were at odds with one another. No, she stared at the new help like he was perfection.

"Oh Jewellsie, the new help is perfect. You trained him so well!" Again, speaking like he wasn't even there. Jewell really did train him well because he didn't flinch beneath the attention of the elf nor did he seem to even notice. Jewell merely nodded because she had her hands and mouth full of a cream puff.

Rayvinn began to giggle as she pointed at Jewell, who really looked quite ridiculous in her bejewelled top hat, lace elbow length gloves, high heels, and pajamas with a silk dressing robe over it all. Jewell stopped eating, with her mouth full of cream puff, and pointed back at Rayvinn because the elf was in just as ridiculous of an outfit, including a hot pink feather boa.

Both ladies took a drink of their schnapps-tea and Jewell reprimanded Rayvinn, "Pinkies out, wifey!"

So, with pinkies out, the girls did what married ladies do (or so they assumed): they got fancied up, did some day drinking, and read romance novels while occasionally gawking at the handsome help.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Mundane and Mystical - Tales of Elves and Men”