Teensy Tales of the Twin Terrors

Tales from a menagerie of characters.

Moderators: Talathian, Kenzi, Rayvinn

Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Teensy Tales of the Twin Terrors

Post by Rayvinn »

A general purpose thread for smaller posts for Raye and Jewell. Thanks to T's player for naming them the Twin Terrors.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

November 27, 2015

Sitting across from Jewell, cross legged with one foot swinging lightly, Raye lifted her mug of tea for a sip. Casually, she glanced over the rim of the mug at her bestie and asked the most important question of the day: "I have a business meeting with Bran-- Mr. Fox. Is a red dress suitable?" Not that Rayvinn had ever needed any assistance in dressing herself, but there was the question nonetheless.

Jewell paused, the page of the fashion magazine she was perusing slipping from between her fingers and fluttering back down to join the others, leaving the journal open to an ad for glamoured wigs. She tilted her head to the side as she looked at her friend, giving her question all the serious consideration it required as she worked on the inside of her cheek with her teeth. "I suppose that depends on what you require of Bran-- I mean dear Mr. Fox." Her tone was just a touch teasing at the very intentional slip. "Red does look lovely with your hair."

A dismissive hand was waved as she feigned nonchalance. "I require nothing from that man other than what was already agreed upon." A lock of her hair was lifted for inspection before shifting an innocent gaze towards her friend. "Does it? Is that my best color?"

Jewell shrugged, glancing back down at the magazine and turning the page. "Sure sure. He's kind of good looking though, no? I mean, in a distinguished way." As if that should influence Raye's choice of dress. Another glance back up to examine her friend's hair. "Mmmm best color? I don't know." The Empress smooshed her lips together. "It is a good color, but I think green might be better."

"I guess he isn't terrible to look at...if you like a man with impeccable taste and manners. I mean, I am sure he is a total bore." Because being boring meant you weren't good looking. Or being fun meant you could be hideous and still be good looking as far as Raye was concerned. Mostly she was just trying to feign disinterest in the subject; Brandon Fox was a thorn in her side.

"Green is best to match my eyes but red is more commanding, isn't it? I need to appear bold and confident when I walk in there and make him feel lucky I didn't walk out with everything."

Jewell couldn't restrain her laughter. "But you are going to walk out with everything, aren't you? Including that poor man's pride if you can!"
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

November 30, 2015

Jewell’s brow was furrowed as she came into the room Raye had claimed at the baronial manor, a red dress draped over her one arm, an opened package tucked under the other, and a letter in her hand. "Hey Czarina. Get this." She cleared her throat before reading her the letter she had received.
Baroness Ravenlock,
I noticed this dress and knew it was for you, but it was incomplete without a tiara fit for a queen. I offer both to you as gifts.

Baroness, one of my commanders, Guaire Byrne, is currently challenging Bile for the Seaside ring and will very likely face an intercession from the current Overlord. I would consider it a personal favor if you were to face the intercession for him and secure his path to Bile.
She juggled the gifts to hold up the red dress. "There's also a tiara with my name written in diamonds. Pretty cool, though it would have been better if it said Empress. What do you think?"

Brows were arched high. "Sooo...are you supposed to wear that dress and the tiara while countering the intercession? If you don't counter, does that mean you have to give the dress and tiara back? Most importantly, you aren't going to wear something with a high neck like that are you?"

She tapped a fingertip against her chin for a moment before answering. "I think you should see just how badly he wants your help. Tell him you need your tiara to say Empress...and make a list of demands. You don't fight for free, darling!"

Looks from her friend to the dress, holding it up higher so she could see it better. The neck was high. "I don't think I can wear this for the intercession. It'd look better on you anyway, so you keep it. Consider it a replacement for the one I borrowed." Stole! "Besides, that one was much too short for your long legs anyway. You looked like a tramp in it." So declaring, Jewell draped Raye's new dress over the arm of a chair before taking a seat, removing the tiara so they can consider it properly.

"It really should say Empress!" Raye planted the best ideas in her head. "I'm totally sending it back. Who does he think I am?" Glances at the letter again and snorts, "Personal favor? Yeah right. More like you owe me buddy!"

Under Raye's good influence, Jewell sat down to reply to the letter.
Dear Sir,

Thank you kindly for the offered gift.

Enclosed, I have returned the lovely tiara. If you would be so kind to have it altered to read "Empress" instead of "Jewell", I would be very grateful.

Although I rarely do personal favors, I would be happy to be present at Mr. Byrne's duel against Baron von Bile (if my schedule allows) to fight the Overlord if an intercession should occur. In exchange, I will consider you and Mr. Byrne both in my debt. This debt will be collected as I see fit in the future.

Sincerely,
Baroness Empress of Dockside
Jewell
Much to the delight of both ladies, Jewell’s request was granted. A servant re-delivered the beautiful tiara which now read “Empress” and another note along with it within a few days.
Baroness,
I can assure you that any debt incurred will be settled as you see fit.

Xeric
“Now we need to go shopping for my dress!”

Return to “The Mundane and Mystical - Tales of Elves and Men”