Faerie tales from beyond the veil to the streets of RhyDin

Moderators: Bailey Raptis, JewellRavenlock

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Okay Google, Where Am I? ((OOC Thread))

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Welcome to your RGPS: RhyDin Global Positioning System! This is your guide to the locations featured most frequently in (or those most vital to) the stories told in this folder.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Re: Okay Google, Where Am I? ((OOC Thread))

Little Elfhame
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

I'Yulna
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Other Notable Little Elfhame Businesses

Beyond the Veil

The Empress

Faerie Fusion

The Mill at Little Elfhame
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Little Elfhame Penthouse
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Black Magic Burger - Original Location

Located in Dragon's Gate near the wall between that neighborhood and New Haven, Black Magic Burger is sandwiched between a pair of boutiques that seem better suited for the latter neighborhood than the former. The restaurant's front is industrial glass and metal, and very little light seems to escape from within the building, or carry towards the interior. There is a small patio, almost makeshift, in front of a window that swings open in warmer weather, and shuts when it is cold or rainy or snowy outside. The bar and grill's logo -- the silhouette of a burger on an orange background, being struck by a lightning bolt -- is plastered on several of the windows, and on opposite ends of the lettered sign above. Inside, the walls and booths are a vivid red, and framed pictures hang on the wall opposite the bar. Vivid, colorful images of dragons, demons, skeletons, sorcerers, muscle-bound men and scantily clad women fill the frames. On the mantle above the bar are a pair of guitars, and even more wild artwork hangs wherever the space can be found around the liquor shelves. Most of the time, heavy music of one sort or another -- like orcish death metal, dwarvish drum metal, thrash metal, doom metal, and grindcore -- play at volumes that sometimes test the endurance of even the workers there, let alone the restaurant's patrons. They do turn it down if asked (with some glaring), but Black Magic Burger caters to a clientele that doesn't mind (and mostly actively seeks out) this sort of environment.

Black Magic Burger was established in 2016 by Stefanie Riita, an up-and-coming young RhyDin restaurateur who worked her way up from various kitchens across the city to be named to RhyDin Restaurant Magazine's "Rising Restaurant Stars" list in 2017. Its initial claim to fame was crafting hamburgers named after (and inspired by) various RhyDin musical groups, like Fistmelda, TRASH, and Bitter Artery. In recent days, inspired by the dueling success of one of her employees, Stefanie has expanded into naming burgers after prominent dueling stars across the sports. In addition to Bailey Raptis, formerly the front-of-the house manager at their Old Temple location and a current part-time waiter and bartender, other important employees include head bartender Max Kaalinpää, primary hostess (and budding makeup artist) Grethe Trondhjemmer, waiter and bass player for metal band Syreengel Per Lunhelm, sous chef Indrian Bonneateau, and front-of-house manager Heszhan Imbic-Crerdor.

Black Magic Burger is open seven days a week, 11 a.m. until late, though the kitchen does close at midnight.

((Crossposted from here. Inspired by Kuma's Corner. Many thanks to everyone who has allowed me to use their characters and NPCs for burger inspiration!))
The Regent In Red
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by The Regent In Red »

Nova Liberdade

Description

Nova Liberdade, formally incorporated as the Nova Liberdade Autonomous District, is a neighborhood located in west Old Temple, within close proximity of the wall that divides Old Temple from Dockside. It is .75 kilometers squared (or a little under a third of a mile squared) in area, and roughly rectangularly shaped. The main road through the neighborhood, recently rechristened Avenida do Liberdade (or Liberty Avenue), is where the main businesses and nicer apartments of Nova Liberdade are located, and takes roughly 15 minutes to walk from the northern torii gate that formally welcomes most visitors to the neighborhood to the less fancily demarcated south end of the district. The roads that run east and west into the avenue are less touristy and more working class, with businesses that cater more to residents, like groceries, hardware stores, repair shops, and the like. The houses and apartments here are more modest, too.

At the torii gate, as well as at the other entrances into Nova Liberdade, are signs that read, in Common, Japanese, and Portuguese, “Welcome to the Nova Liberdade Autonomous District”. In fact, nearly all signage in Nova Liberdade is written in those three languages. It reflects the fact that most of the neighborhoods residents come from São Amador, Brazil, or Japan originally, although there are some non-human residents and human residents with other racial and ethnic backgrounds present.

Those with faerie in their blood, however, can see an additional message on those signs: a glyph that roughly translates to read ”No True Fae Allowed.” How this edict – or any other law and order – might be enforced isn’t immediately clear. If there is a formal police force in Nova Liberdade, it does not wear traditional outfits, and any questions asked about involving the City Guard will receive a curt answer along the lines of “they have no authority here.”

((Cross-posted from here.))

Return to “Beyond the Veil”