Promises Made

Faerie tales from beyond the veil to the streets of RhyDin

Moderators: Bailey Raptis, JewellRavenlock

Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Promises Made

Post by Rayvinn »

Sometime just before dawn Rayvinn was out for her run. This was an every day occurrence; rain or shine, war or peace, she ran. Sometimes it was the only way to clear her head. This was one of those times.

Before long her steps had her at the hospital doors and she made her way up to Sapphire's room. She didn't knock, instead slipping quietly into the room. Ishmerai was seated at Saphhire's bedside with his hand dwarfing the girl's smaller one in a gentle grasp. The elf cleared her throat to alert him of her presence, not wanting to startle the man. Though, did anything honestly ever startle the knight?

"Yes, I was aware of you the moment you opened the door, Rayvinn."

A rueful grin was offered in reply; the knight was one of the few that could hear, or possibly sense, Rayvinn when she was actually trying to be quiet.

"How is she? Has she awakened yet?"

"Not yet. I believe she can hear us, though. I have given her details of our next vacation so I am certain she will awaken any time. She would not want to miss out." His gaze remained upon the broken girl that appeared so very small in that hospital bed.

The elf moved over to the side of the bed and leaned down to brush a gentle kiss to Sapphire's forehead. "Hello there, darling girl." She didn't say anything else, just watched the rhythmic rise and fall of the sheet for a long moment, thankful that the girl was breathing.

Sitting down next to the fae knight, she placed a comforting hand upon his arm. "She is going to wake up. She has to. There are too many of us that love her for her to not come back."

Clearing her throat slightly, she continued. "Jewell has a lead and we're leaving as soon as she confirms it. I know you do not want her to place herself in danger but you know as well as I do that this has to happen, Ishmerai. She has to do this or she will never forgive herself. I promise you that I will bring her home safely and without a scratch." She gave a light squeeze to his arm.

"Without even one scratch, Rayvinn. I am trusting you."

"Without even one, Ishmerai."
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Beyond the Veil”