Faerie tales from beyond the veil to the streets of RhyDin

Moderators: Bailey Raptis, JewellRavenlock

Rayvinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Mother's Day

Post by Rayvinn »

It was Mother's Day.

What sort of bestie-wife would she be if she didn't know what Mother's Day meant to Jewell?

Ishmerai and Sapphire had just sat down to breakfast when the still drunk elf arrived at Jewell's house with a present tucked under her arm. Placing the very expensive pink bag upon the counter top, Raye made herself a mimosa and dropped down into a seat at the kitchen table.

"What's in the bag, Raye-Raye?" Sapphire asked curiously.

"Something to help Jewell get through today." The trio all frowned because they knew how rough it would be.

"How did you fit a man into that small of a bag?" Sapphire's eyes widened and Ishmerai actually broke his somber, displeased attitude (that had been present since he found out she and Jewell had gotten married) by laughing at the girl's question.

"No, this is even better than a man. This is something she can love, besides us, that will love her back."

Just then the bag began to wiggle and flop and a distinct "rrfff" could be heard.

"Is that a...?"

"Lady Rayvinn, you did not get her a..."

Raye giggled in delight and clapped her hands. "I got her a PUPPY!"

Ishmerai groaned but Sapphire squealed happily and jumped up to get the puppy out of its carrying bag.

"Oh. My. GOSH. Raye-Raye it is SO CUTE!"

"Sapphire, you go to The Line and take her to the cemetery. Ishmerai and I will get everything ready for when you return."

"Good plan."

Raye hoped this wouldn't end up backfiring but figured if Jewell didn't want the puppy, Sapphire could keep it.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.--Friedrich Nietzsche
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

"We're home!" Sapphire announced loudly, as if they did not make enough noise between the two of them to alert everyone to their presence.

"And filthy," Jewell added, eyeing the trail of dirt they left behind them in the foyer. "I need a bath."

The amount of noise that Sapphire had made was just the right amount to alert Rayvinn and Ishmerai to the presence of the girls. The sleeping puppy was placed gently upon a white fur upon a footstool in the middle of the room, complete with pink bow collar and a tiny diamond tiara placed askew upon its head.

Rayvinn then grinned at Ishmerai, who merely shook his head at the silliness, and grabbed his arm to draw him into the hallway where they wouldn't be seen but they could hear Jewell's reaction.

There might have been a couple of stolen kisses occurring there, possibly.

Hoping to have given Raye enough time, Sapphire tugged on the sleeve of her shirt-turned-dress to drag Jewell towards the living room, "Bath will have to wait. Come on."

"But I'm so dirty! Why does it have to wait? This is ridiculous, I am dragging dirt everywhere.." Jewell's stream of objections continued into the living room. Rayvinn and Ishmerai could probably do a countdown: in three, two, one...

"MOTHER OF NATURE! IT'S SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!" Cue woman gone ecstatic. The noise level only rose when the puppy, awoken by the effusion of love from its new owner, joined in with Sapphire’s gushing and Jewell’s repetition of, "I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!"

When the hidden pair returned to the living room, The Empress was cuddling the puppy on the floor and on the receiving end of a stream of puppy kisses to her dirty face.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

“What about Peony?”

“Lil Goddess?”

“I think Wiz cause it already peed all over the kitchen floor. It can be short for Wizard.”

“That’s not so bad but it’s not very feminine.”

“Good point.”

“Maybe Dot! Like PolkaDot.”

“Cute!”

“But she doesn’t have any polkadot marks.”

All three of them sat on the floor surrounding the puppy in question. They had been at the naming business for quite some time with little success. At around “Tiddlywinks” the puppy had fallen back to sleep. It woke now as Ishmerai reached over their heads and lifted it up. “You are right, Mira. She does not have polkadots. Neither is she a she. She is a he.” He got a face lick for this astute observation.

“Are you sure?” Sapphire asked.

The knight turned the puppy over easily in his hands to show them. All three leaned forward to look. “What!?” Jewell asked incredulously. “That little thing!? That's its peeps!?”

Raye looked puzzled. “How could he pee so much out of something so small? I can barely even see it. Looks more like a nipple.”

The mortified look on Ishmerai’s face provoked them all to laughter. The puppy joined his voice to theirs with a few little barks, urging the knight to hand him back over to the mercy of the ladies. He walked away shaking his head.

“If she is a he then I know just the name!” The Faerie declared triumphantly. “He shall be called Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy.”

Return to “Beyond the Veil”