Faerie tales from beyond the veil to the streets of RhyDin

Moderators: Bailey Raptis, JewellRavenlock

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

The Great Squire Search

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Here thee here thee! The Great Squire Search is upon ye!

The Empress Baroness Jewell, in her wisdom and benevolence, has deigned to take upon herself the noble task of teaching a squire the ways of the Duel of Swords.

The Squire of Dockside will be the recipient of the Sickle, which has the ability for the user to levitate no more than a foot off the ground. The squire will also receive personal assistance from the baroness. There is also the possibility of room and board at the baronial manor, but the Baroness has retained the right to decide such accommodations after the winner of the squireship has been decided.

To be eligible for the squireship, please fill out a copy of the following application and return the completed application (along the with results of the “Task” section) to the Baroness by Saturday, October 10th by 7:00pm.

Application

Name:

Approximate Age:

Species:

Preliminary Questions
Directions: Please answer all of the following questions as thoroughly and completely as possible. Points will be deducted from questions left unanswered.

What is your favorite color?

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

What is your political alignment?

Do you like to dance?

How many tattoos do you have?

If you were to suffer a fatal accident during your training with the Baroness, do you have any relatives that will seek to take revenge?

Do you regularly bathe?

Short Answer Questions
Directions: Please answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible. Points will be deducted for poor grammar.

Do you think you can beat Empress Baroness Jewell in a weapons fight? Explain.

If Empress Baroness Jewell is dethroned from her barony, would you wish to continue your training with the next baron? Explain.

Why do you wish to study weapons fighting under her magnificence, Empress Baroness Jewell?

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody's there to see it fall, did the tree really fall? Explain.

Expound upon your experience in Weapons Fighting in 60 characters or less.

Would you consider yourself a complete and utter failure in life or fairly accomplished? Explain.

The Task
Directions: Please complete one task from the following list and bring the results before the Empress Baroness Jewell.

1. Catch light in a box
2. Make the world silent
3. Bring me an object that is immune to gravity
4. Carry water from the river to me in a sieve
5. Make me a rope of ashes
6. Appear before the me neither naked nor clothed
7. Fill a bag with truth
8. Buy with one coin an item that will fill an entire room
9. Dive into the Outback pool without getting your hair wet
10. Fight a duel without spilling a drop out of a full tankard of Badsider
11. Make a drum that sounds without being beaten
12. Bring me your own head a plate
13. Bring me a man whose private parts are actually a puppet
14.Cut water with a knife
15. Capture a rainbow

((I hope everyone can have some fun with this! Please feel free to post the application responses to this thread. The “Task” portion can also be posted to this thread or done in live play.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. Everyone is welcome to participate in the application process, but I am going to do my best to pick a character that is not the alt. of an already existing Warlord.

Good luck!))
Last edited by JewellRavenlock on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hocus Pocus
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Hocus Pocus »

Name: Xzavier

Approximate Age: Still in my 20s, baby.

Species: Mom's a "complicated" and dad's a lich, so you can just call me a complicated son of a lich.

Preliminary Questions

Pretty partial to "bruise blue" and "ichor green", but I do look damn good in pink.

I'm the front man of the greatest Queen cover band to ever rock the cosmos, and in my free time I like to get involved in as much trouble as I can.

I roll with the CURE party. That's "Citizens for Undead Rights and Equality". It's a pretty big thing from where I come from. I also like the All-Night Party.

Do you like to dance?

Do sailors like to swear? Does Harris like to call dibs? Does Anubis have a high Fire Insurance premium? Hell yes I like to dance. All night and into the morning.

Zip, but sometimes I like to paint some bones up or take a marker to them.

If you were to suffer a fatal accident during your training with the Baroness, do you have any relatives that will seek to take revenge?

I'm already dead, so I'm pretty used to the whole 'fatal accident' thing. There's no grudges to be had.

Do you regularly bathe?

Cleanliness is next to godliness. I might be undead, but I'm not into the whole 'shambling, rotting corpse' scene. That's for the grunge kids.

Short Answer Questions

Are you fucking kidding me? Empress Baroness Warrior Princess Jewell Fucking Ravenlock, Faerie Queen and all around Goddess? The Jewell Ravenlock who stapled Charlie Nine's nuts to his own face and while screaming "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, CHARLIE!"? The Jewell Ravenlock who butchered the entire population of Dragon's Gate when their baron stood her up for a date? *The* Jewell Ravenlock who, with nothing more than a spoon, killed the risen abomination Vanion Shadowcast? THAT Jewell Ravenlock? Hell no! As a small skeleton I kept a poster of you up in my closet! Everyone wanted to grow up and be a fierce, independent, utterly insane faerie empress just like you. In my reality you're like, bigger then The Beatles.

If Empress Baroness Jewell is dethroned from her barony, would you wish to continue your training with the next baron? Explain.

Why bother thinking about things that'll never happen? Sides, I know where my loyalties lie.

Why do you wish to study weapons fighting under her magnificence, Empress Baroness Jewell?

Dear god Simon! It would be a dream come true! We can train in the afternoon and then go hit the clubs and party our butts off. You can hook me up with cute dead folk like me and I'll wingman for you. WE COULD HELP PICK OUT OUR OUTFITS TOGETHER. I'm not even kidding, that would be the greatest thing ever. Also? I'm a skeleton! A scythe is RIGHT up my alley!

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody's there to see it fall, did the tree really fall? Explain.

Look, I don't know anything about trees. I don't know what they do in their private lives. Maybe tree is just taking a nap. Maybe another tree pushed them. All I know is if I'm your squire, I'd be happy to cut down any tree that gave you a problem. Ain't no one going to mess with my Baroness.

Everyone's trying to kill you where I come from, parents included. I was fending off paladins on my way home from school, staying up all night to keep dad from "erasing the mistake I made with that horrible woman", and constantly avoiding tables less mom pop out from under one to shank me. I'm versed in all forms of combat.

Would you consider yourself a complete and utter failure in life or fairly accomplished? Explain.

I'm doing pretty good, but I've yet to hit my peak. I'm like a fire in need of a good accelerant.

(( The task will be completed in live play! ))
Noah Bird
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Red Dragon Inn, Shimmerscale lair, Arcadia, and ROH Rings

Post by Noah Bird »

Application

Name: Noah David Bird

Approximate Age: 24

Species: Dragon

Preliminary Questions
Directions: Please answer all of the following questions as thoroughly and completely as possible. Points will be deducted from questions left unanswered.

What is your favorite color? Sunset yellow

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I enjoy spending time with my son, Christian. I love to take him fishing.

What is your political alignment? Neither. I vote who I think is right for the job

Do you like to dance? Yes. I like to dance. I can shake a tail feather

How many tattoos do you have? I have two tattoos. Yolo on my right wrist. and a double feather on my right bicep.

If you were to suffer a fatal accident during your training with the Baroness, do you have any relatives that will seek to take revenge? No. They will not take revenge during my training. Other stuff yes.

Do you regularly bathe? Yes. Everyday. Some times twice due to the work I do.

Short Answer Questions
Directions: Please answer the following questions as thoroughly as possible. Points will be deducted for poor grammar.

No. Due she is more experience in the rings. She is very quick on her feet. She had gone against Matt, Anubis, and other warlords. With more experience I would gain in becoming her squire would be great. I could go after the others.

No, If she was dethroned and if I was higher enough in ranks. I would seek revenge. My loyalty is with Jewell. We somehow family due to my birth mother’s side. Don’t ask me how it works. Have to ask Uncle Brian.

Why do I wish seek to study with great Empress Baroness Jewell. Can the oceans turned to dust. It's a dream. I like to watch her in the rings. I learned a lot by watching her. Grace and Beauty. and with that Purple hair. Her signature color. The woman behind the Royal Pains. I think it's an honor to be consider to her squire.

This is the old timeless question. Can you hear/see it fall. Yes. I believe it did fall. Once it was upright and reach to the sky with almighty goodness. If it did fall by work of nature, there will be there due to the tree snapped in half and the roots pulled out of the ground.

I have been a squire to Lem when he hold the Old Market. It was only a short time, But learn some important lessons. Since I came back into dueling I am already at Master of Arms.

I would consider me to be fairly accomplished. I became a father at an early age, I grew up alot of years and still learning from my past mistakes. I also became a business owner with Noah’s Wooden Wonders. Already it is becoming very established business.

The Task
Directions: Please complete one task from the following list and bring the results before the Empress Baroness Jewell.

1. Catch light in a box
2. Make the world silent
3. Bring me an object that is immune to gravity
4. Carry water from the river to me in a sieve
5. Make me a rope of ashes
6. Appear before the me neither naked nor clothed
7. Fill a bag with truth
8. Buy with one coin an item that will fill an entire room
9. Dive into the Outback pool without getting your hair wet
10. Fight a duel without spilling a drop out of a full tankard of Badsider
11. Make a drum that sounds without being beaten
12. Bring me your own head a plate
13. Bring me a man whose private parts are actually a puppet
14.Cut water with a knife
15. Capture a rainbow

Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault,

Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Application
Name:
Eden Parker

Approximate Age:

Species:
Person!

Preliminary Questions

Purple! Or sea green! Ooh, I like ruby red too. All of the colors?

Dueling!

You mean for governor? I align with nice people. Which person is the nicest?

Do you like to dance?
Yes!

None yet. :(

Is that something that could actually happen!? O.O

Do you regularly bathe?
Of course! Is this a real question? Is this a trick question!?

Short Answer Questions

Of course not! She's the Empress Baroness! I don't even think I want to fight her. I think I might have a shot at beating her in a dance-off though. I do a killer cabbage patch.

Is this a real thing that could happen!? I would definitely not want to continue training with anyone other than the Empress Baroness Jewell. She's the best, and I only train with the best. Unless it means I get to keep my room in the baronial manor thingy.

BECAUSE SHE'S THE BEST, AND I ONLY TRAIN WITH THE BEST. I think maybe you didn't see what I just said. ^^^^^^^

I think so? I kinda sorta dropped out of Philosophy 101. Or maybe, I kinda sorta failed it. Is this really important?

I have four older brothers! I used all manner of weapons to defend myself when I was growing up like a baseball bat, a toilet bowl brush, a pineapple. That kind of thing. You gotta be creative when you're little!

I would feel so much more accomplished in life if I could be the Squire of Dockside! And if I could move out of my tiny one-bedroom Old Temple apartment that I share with two other girls and into my very own room in the Dockside baronial manor thingy.

The Task

I will do this in person!

Return to “Beyond the Veil”