Duel of Guns Next Season, Discussing Changes

Out of Character message board and info for the Duel of Guns
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

Duel of Guns Next Season, Discussing Changes

Post by Vanion Shadowcast »

Due to lower attendance this season than I anticipated after last year's post-season response to DoG, I'll be changing the format for the annual event in some significant ways to consolidate it, and increase its energy. It will, in short, become an event-centric season. Changes will include:
1) The removal of Kill-Shots.
2) The removal of Regulation Dueling.
3) The removal of losses from the standings; wins (gained now only through events) will be all that counts for your ranking, which will only be important for The Desperado Tournament pre-requisites and seeding for other tournaments and events.
4) With a shortened season and changed format, I will be less hesitant to schedule DoG at a time more generally accessible to duelists, yet to be determined.
5) The season will be a six-week long event with the following format (in summary):

Week One: The Young Gun Tournament (all wins are doubled in value on the standings)

Week Two: The Barons of Boom Tournament (with the possibility to change the randomized team pairings to player-selected pairings)

Week Three: Baron-Sponsored Event One (to be chosen and designed by one of the Barons of Boom)

Week Four: Baron-Sponsored Event Two (to be chosen and designed by the other of the Barons of Boom)

Week Five: The Desperado Tournament (accessible by anyone with the Sharpshooter Rank, and anyone who has won a tournament or event previously in the season, to face the previous season's Desperado, who may have participated in other events in the season, in the final match for the ultimate title)

Week Six: Epic Storytelling Group/Co-operative Event

I know that this season is ongoing, but I'm not anticipating a huge spike in participation based on the response thus far. While that's the case, I feel discussing these potential changes for next season, and whether or not they may improve participation, is most relevant now.

In short, I'd love to get some feedback on the above, and anything else.
Blammity Jane
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Blammity Jane »

The date/time changes have been difficult for me. 10:30 pm on Thursday is too late. Sundays, I'm out doing stuff in the afternoon.

I like the idea of having it be event focused and having only wins count on the standings.

Best start time are 9 pm in general. I know you are trying not to conflict with other dueling times, but people are capable of having two different screen names in two different rooms at a time.

For me personally, Mondays and Wednesdays are the best days for me to play in DoG.
Ace
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Ace »

I agree with Jane.

Return to “G&A OOC”