Epic Event: Slay Badtooth, the Slag-Dragon!

The stories, events and announcements in Post-Apocalyptic Rhy'Din
RDL Yuknon
Adventurer
Adventurer

Epic Event: Slay Badtooth, the Slag-Dragon!

Post by RDL Yuknon »

Rejoice, fans of bloodshed and violence! After the first hour of Week Six of Duel of Guns, on Wednesday, April 30th at 10:30pm [EST] ((hosted in the ROH Battlefield Park Chatroom)), we will be hosting a special sacrifice to the savior of Rhy'Din, Lord of Fire and Shadow, the magnanimous, magnificent, magnetic, magilicious God Drakhar!

The Rhy'Din Defense League has caught one of the few living dragons left in Rhy'Din, the deadly baby-eater who has ravaged the northern wastelands for the past fifteen years. That's right: we have Badtooth! This big, slag-breathing monstrosity is in our custody, and next week, we'll be letting anyone capable of carrying a gun and pulling a trigger SHOOT. HIM. DEAD!

Sign up below to claim your spot in history, and show up next week to slay the dragon. All participating on the RDL's personal firing squad will be given one week's worth of standard rations, and one win-over-loss for their Duel of Guns record (assuming that they don't get chewed up like a lizard toy!) The gun-fighter who puts the most hurtin' on Bad Tooth will receive an additional win-over-loss, and all gun-fighters who stay conscious for the entire bloody show will receive an additional win-over-loss! That's totally worth risking being melted into a pile of radioactive sludge; sign up today!

If the Battleground is still standing after the bullet-bath, regulation dueling will continue until 1:30am [EST] per usual. Regulation dueling will be open before the event as well, starting at 9:30pm [EST].

Hail Drakhar!

Badtooth, The Slag-Dragon

Biography

When the world went to hell, and most sentient creatures proved vulnerable to the plague that unleashed the relentless hordes of zombies upon the populace, dragons remained immune. With magic gone, and civilization embattled with surviving the ever-growing numbers of undead, war ravaged the planet. Many dragons banded together, seeing themselves as the best-poised race to dominate amidst the chaos. Led by King Horamangier the Bloody, the united dragon nation of Charrrrr unleashed havoc upon the rest of the world in their bid for supremacy. However, they moved too soon; many heroes died in the war against the dragons, but weapons of mass destruction and a dangerous common enemy united them in a way that the zombie plague had not. Charrrr and King Horamangier were thoroughly defeated, and dragons were hunted nearly to extinction; after all, food was quickly becoming scarce and dragon-steak beat rat stew any day of the week! The years passed, and civilization quietly died.

Fifteen years ago, the son of the slain King Horamangier, dubbed BADTOOTH, emerged in the northern wastes. Having outfitted himself with a machine-gun tail, and having spent the years after the dragon war recovering in the atomic waste of his homeland, the radioactive beast had become something new entirely. Badtooth, named such for having terrible breath and rotted fangs, hunted the survivors hiding in the northern wastes, and in particular the bandits that would eventually become the Rhy'Din Defense League. The RDL lost many of its soldiers to the fearsome monster come down to avenge his father's death. It is rumored that the RDL returned to the ruins of the city of Rhy'Din to flee the beast, who did not seem to care much for maneuvering around tall buildings.

After years of hunting, the soldiers of the RDL have finally captured and subdued Badtooth in the wilderness, and locked him below the Red Dragon Inn in preparation for sacrificing him to their dark God, Drakhar.

Technique Deck

((Make sure to have the Duel of Guns Matrix ready!))

Really Bad Breath [Offensive(1.5dam), Targets All]: Defeats Side Roll, Ricochet, Pistol Whip, Find Cover, Quickdraw, Strafing Shot, Grenade Toss and Aimed Shot. Trades with Shotgun Blast. Loses to Energy Shield.
"What's worse than a dragon's fiery breath? You'll find out."

Throw Big Things at Small People! [Offensive(1dam), Targets All]: Defeats Find Cover, Ricochet, Pistol Whip, Energy Shield, Shotgun Blast, Aimed Shot and Grenade Toss. Trades with Quickdraw. Loses to Side Roll and Strafing Shot.
"I once saw Badtooth throw a car through a bus filled with puppies!"

Hunger Munch! [Offensive(1.5dam), Targets Biggest Threat]: Defeats Side Roll, Ricochet, Pistol Whip, Strafing Shot , Aimed Shot and Quickdraw. Trades with Grenade Toss. Nulls to Energy Shield. Loses to Shotgun Blast and Find Cover. If successful, target is swallowed and removed from combat until Badtooth is hit with Bio or High Voltage Ammo, or a successful Grenade Toss. Each round the target remains swallowed, they take 1 damage.
"Gotta imagine gettin' swallowed whole by that thing'd give a man ... issues."

Scale Shell [Defensive(0.5dam), Targets All]: Defeats Quickdraw, Shotgun Blast, Strafing Shot, Aimed Shot, and Pistol Whip. Nulls to all other defenses. Loses to Grenade Toss and Ricochet. If he is damaged with Incendiary Ammo this turn, he cannot use a technique card next turn.
"Knock, knock. CRUNCH!"

Nuclear Charge [Defensive(0dam), Targets None]: Loses to all offenses. Nulls to all defenses. Badtooth reshuffles his discarded techniques into his technique deck and deals double damage next turn. He does not take damage from High Voltage ammo this turn, but taking damage from Cryo ammo this turn will cause him to not reshuffle his discarded techniques into his technique deck.
"So, do y'think he literally eats nukes fer breakfast?"

Wing Tornado [Defensive(1dam), Targets All]: Defeats Quickdraw, Strafing Shot, Grenade Toss, Pistol Whip and Ricochet. Nulls to all other defenses. Loses to Aimed Shot and Shotgun Blast.
"He don't fly straight no more, but he sure can flap like he remembers how to!"

Modifiers

Badtooth has a 25% chance to activate an offensive or defensive modifier each turn. He cannot use a modifier the turn after he has been hit by Cryo Ammo.

Slag [Offensive Modifier]: Combines the affects of Incendiary Ammo and Bio Ammo.
"Uh-uh. No way. Last time I fought that thing, most've my hair fell out. Now I'm all patchy!"

Shard [Offensive Modifier]: Acts identically to Chaff Ammo, except that it also increases Badtooth's damage dealt this turn by 1.
"See, he chews ya up real good and holds onto some of yer bones. That way, he can, y'know, spit what's left of ya at yer friends."

MG Combo [Defensive Modifier]: Works like a regular Duel of Guns Combination. Badtooth randomly adds either Quickdraw, Shotgun Blast, Grenade Toss, Strafing Shot, or Aimed Shot as a combination technique this round.
"Johnny was so funny. He'd be runnin' from that thing and shootin' over his shoulder, and he'd always forget about Badtooth's machine-gun tail! Every time! Pew-pew-PEW! We'd laugh and laugh. Of course, Johnny's dead now. Obvious reasons."

Special Attributes

Radioactive Hide: Badtooth's total Hitpoints are determined by the number of people attacking him. Any round that he does not take damage, he regenerates two hitpoints.
"It's the heat off your bodies. It's like moonshine to him, or somethin'."

Northern Blood: Cryo Ammo does not lock Badtooth's techniques, per usual. Instead, it has the reduced affect of forcing him to discard his next technique card.
"Traded everything I owned for an honest to Gods freeze-ray, thinkin' I could make it big by takin' that dragon down. Now, I use it as an air conditioner."

Unknown: Something unknown happens the first time Badtooth is reduced to half of his total Hitpoints.
"Wonder how mad he'd get if ya ever actually managed to hurt'em? Nobody's ever found out."

Rules of Combat

1) All gun-fighters will begin the battle with ten hitpoints.

2) Each turn, gun-fighters submit moves in the same format as they would for a regulation Duel of Guns match.

3) All fighters have access only to the modifiers assigned to them via the standings, as per their Duel of Guns rank.

4) When a gun-fighter is reduced to zero hitpoints, he is knocked unconscious and can no longer participate in the fight.

5) Gun-fighters may choose to forego submitting a technique in a given round to AID an ally that has been knocked unconscious. Gun-fighters who choose this receive no damage from Badtooth's defensive techniques, but receive double damage from Badtooth's offensive techniques. If the AIDing character is not hit by an offensive technique this round, the target ally that they chose to AID rejoins the battle with one Hitpoint.

6) Badtooth has a technique deck of six cards, as listed above. These cards are shuffled, and the top card is flipped each round to determine which technique he will use. This card is then discarded, and not put back into the deck. When no techniques remain in Badtooth's technique deck, he flips over his discard pile and shuffles, replenishing his technique deck.

7) Each turn, a four-sided dice is rolled to determine if Badtooth will use a Modifier in addition to his technique.

8) It's possible to stun Badtooth. Sometimes, Badtooth cannot use a technique card on a given turn if the technique that he attempts to play is restricted due to being damaged with Bio Ammo in the previous round, or in the case of his Scale Shell technique being scored against via Incendiary Ammo. If Badtooth does not play a technique card, all offensive techniques score automatically against him, and all defensive techniques null against him. He cannot, however, be stunned for two rounds in a row. When stunned, Bio Ammo has no affect against him.

9) The battle ends when all characters are reduced to zero hitpoints, or Badtooth is reduced to zero hitpoints. If every character is knocked unconscious, all participants will be treated as if they received a WOUNDING SHOT. If Badtooth is defeated, he is slain at the hands of the gun-fighters.

Unique Achievements

Image Unnecessary Risk Taker: Participate in the battle against Badtooth, the Slag-Dragon!

Image Dragon Slayer: Defeat Badtooth without being knocked unconscious once.

Image Badtooth's Worst Nightmare: Deal the most damage to Badtooth during the battle.

Image Badtooth Go Boom: Stun Badtooth With an Incendiary Grenade Toss [Secret Achievement]

[Secret Achievement: Locked]

[Secret Achievement: Locked]
Last edited by RDL Yuknon on Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Delilah Benjamin
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Delilah Benjamin »

-Del
Ace
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Ace »

I reckon I'll give it a try.

~Ace
Charles Blackstone
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Charles Blackstone »

Time to kill the bastard

-Charles
Maligned Wanderer
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Maligned Wanderer »

A week of rations.

I'll show.

Cait
"Take only what you can carry. It's a long walk to Hell and you don't wanna be tired when you get there." - Diablo Jones
Newo
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Newo »

Newo
Frostfyre
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Frostfyre »

In.
Davarin Kell
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Davarin Kell »

I'm in.

Dav.
RDL Yuknon
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by RDL Yuknon »

Badtooth is dead! Hail Drakhar!

Seven gun-fighters entered The Battleground to pull their triggers on the great beast, including new gun-fighters, BangBang and Blammity Jane! And, they're both goblins! The first gun-fighting goblin duelists! And, they both got knocked OUT. Lots of fun.

Led by Captain Ace, our volunteers, with wonderfully little regard to their own personal safety, included Delilah Benjamin, BangBang, Blammity Jane, Cait, Davarin Kell and Frost. And they all took on BADTOOTH and won! The spoils of WAR are theirs now, whether that be dragon loot, dragon body parts, the week's worth of free rations, or WoL for their Duel of Guns records!

Congratulations, and I'm only a little disappointed (but VERY amazed) that all of you didn't die! To be fair, I did have the guards load Badtooth up with about a gallon of elephant tranquilizer beforehand. Not that I'm trying to take your street cred or anything. But I'm kind of a hero, if you think about it.

But you all did great, too!

Also, R.I.P. Lucky Pete, who still owes me three weeks of rations but got very unlucky and was eaten by Badtooth before the show began. So, if you're related to Lucky Pete, please contact me soon so that you can pay me!

<3 Yuknon (translation and transcript by Franco the Guard)

Return to “The RDL Battleground”