OOC: Duel of Guns Website

The stories, events and announcements in Post-Apocalyptic Rhy'Din
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

OOC: Duel of Guns Website

Post by Vanion Shadowcast »

Let me know if you have any questions about, or issues with, the Duel of Guns website below!

www.duelofguns.wordpress.com
Last edited by Vanion Shadowcast on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Napoleon Bonarat »

It looks like you changed a couple of the things I was mentioning last night. Abbreviating the moves and getting rid of the italics. I do think a sans serif (Arial) font works better for tables.

Standard text color could be a little darker, including the fade text when the mouse moves away from the folder options.

I like the setting.

Not sure I like permanent death thing. I suppose the super competitive/hard core players might like that aspect :)
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

I'm continuing to make some changes and improvements to the site. Still working on getting the fade color right.

I've added a calendar to the page to announce the first BETA playtest this Friday, and some other features.

As far as perma-death goes, it's really an opt in thing. For Desperado challenges, it serves as basically a SOA buffer (unless you want to risk losing rank). In any other situation, study of the matrix will show that you can choose to not risk your alt-future character's life by selecting the right moves to protect yourself against someone trying to score a Kill Shot.

That said, perma-death's one of the things that I'd like the most feedback about. I've designed it in a way that makes it easy for you to avoid it, but allows you to risk it if you are one of those hard-core players. That said, is it still a turn-off?
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

I personally like the aspect of the perma-death option. You always have the choice of whether it will be worth it to RISK*. It's important to note that you have the CHOICE whether to put your character at risk of getting killed and it can never happen without you making that choice.
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

How's the new color pallet look? Easier to read text blocks, the menu? Is the matrix easier to follow with the reverse pallet?

I'm working with the limited options/widgets that wordpress provides me for free, so I'm hoping to design something reasonably nice without needing to shell out $30 to get full customization over fonts/etc.
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

I've updated the website's matrix with a few very small matrix changes (mostly for roleplay purposes, these won't affect the meta-game) to test out in BETA, courtesy of suggestion by Jake:

- Aimed Shot now beats Ricochet and loses to Pistol Whip.
- Quickdraw now beats Pistol Whip and loses to Ricochet.
- Pistol Whip now beats Ricochet.
- Grenade Toss vs Grenade Toss is now a trade, instead of a null.

Return to “The RDL Battleground”