Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

The Spoils Of Victory

Post by Harris »

"Yacht shopping."

"Yacht shopping?"

"Tomorrow. With Seirichi."

Bob Selway, the KLIT-AM 900 station manager afforded his employee, captain of the 2014 IFL championship team of Top Flight, an incredulous look. He'd never even been on a yacht, let alone made enough money in his career to go shopping for one. Harris loomed in the man's office, grinning from ear to ear. The season was officially over and a half dozen custom crafted championship rings had been delivered earlier in the day. The last order of business was cutting a series of bonus checks for playoff performance and delivering them to the appropriate parties. Bob was stationed behind his desk, in the process of applying his John Hancock to the aforementioned checks.

"With all the revenue we've generated this season thanks to sponsorships and merchandising you could probably afford a jet ski at least. That's a solid start." Harris offered, plucking up his own bonus check between thumb and forefinger to examine before Bob could set it aside on his desk.

"Watersports have never really been my thing..." Bob admitted, though the prospect of owning a yacht was still intriguing.

"Seirichi can't get enough." Harris snickered. "All it takes is a little R. Kelly to get her in the mood." Bob's pen stopped moving and he slowly stared up. Then he coughed once and promptly decided to change the subject.

"Are you delivering these personally?"

"Yup. It'll be my last duty as captain for the season." Pause. "Except I don't know where to find Vanion at the moment, so we'll just keep his stuff in your office safe. If the lights start to flicker and the walls start bleeding, just open the safe and I'm sure his apparition or whatever will scoop up his belongings."

"...okay."

"I know where to find everybody else." Harris left Bob's office and the station with envelopes and velvet jewelry boxes.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

100 feet from stem to stern. 4000 horsepower. 4 standard cabins, plus 2 crew cabins. Full kitchen. A cruising speed of 27 knots. Price tag? An arm and both legs. Maybe some teeth. But hell, it was worth it to finally be the owner of a luxury yacht. Maybe he'd even install a plank at some point. Nappy would appreciate that.

"I'm on a boat motherf*cker, don't you ever forget!"

Harris bobbed gently on the RhyDin marina's floating dock, casting an almost exasperated look toward Seirichi as she blurted out an all too familiar lyric the moment she stepped foot on the boat, all too hurriedly wriggling out of her clothing until there was nothing left but a bikini. Her sister, Nima, trailed a step or two behind, refusing to conceal the epic rolling of her eyes. They were heading out to sea on a celebratory cruise, minus the children, for an as of yet determined length of time, but certainly longer than a three hour tour. Nima had insisted on tagging along after the whole Harris marrying fiasco for a RhyDin Rewind segment, so alongside a gourmet chef and experienced captain they'd formed a quintet for the trip. Harris was the last man on board after overseeing the loading of additional food, beverages, and miscellaneous nautical paraphernalia. They hadn't even left the dock yet and Seirichi was already trying to muscle the captain from his position at the helm, while Nima prepared herself for a day of sunbathing and their hired chef stared incredulously at the 12 pounds of dragon meat that had been loaded aboard.

"STOP EVERYTHING!" Harris shouted, raising his hands above his head to garner the attention of the four other passengers as they began to slowly glide away from the marina. "First things first. We pop this bottle of Dom Perignon to get this party started right!"

Everything after that was a blur.

Return to “KLIT-AM 900 Radio”