On the Pulse - Hydra Q&A

The Second Best Dueling Event of the Year!
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

On the Pulse - Hydra Q&A

Post by On The Pulse »

Hydra Q&A : Aric Delevingne of team Royal Pain.

How's your experience been in the dueling venues? You're a new face there, and even a newer face for Hydra. I'm sure others in your shoes would love to read about your thoughts. Are you a little nervous to be thrown into the big league for the first time?

Aric: Oh, of course I'm nervous. I wasn't expecting to be on a team, let alone on a team with so many great duelers. But it's been a great experience! Met a lot of great people at the duels, been doing my best to learn, and just hoping I can contribute to the team.

It's obvious that the two top teams currently are Hydra Foil and Royal Pain. Two teams stacked with great fighters. Do you think this season will be an easy win for your team, or will there be some bumps in the road?

Aric: I don't think any wins are easy, truth be told. A lot of it depends on match ups, and if there's anything I've learned so far, it's that any person can beat anyone else on any given day.

What are you looking to get out of all of this? Fame, fortune, or are you just looking for a good time?

Aric: Money would be nice, but I don't care about getting rich. Fame isn't my thing. I really just enjoy the competition and I've met a lot of great people there so far. So yeah, I'd say I'm looking mainly to have some fun.

Last question.. and one I'm sure many ladies would like to know. Are you single?

Aric: Yeah, single.
__

Note: This interview took place this past Wednesday, so it is slightly dated. Some disgruntled fans have sent in messages to tell me that Aric Delevingne is no longer single.

[ Thank you Aric for the liveplay interview! ]
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

On the Pulse - Hydra Q&A

Post by On The Pulse »

Hydra Q&A : Noah Bird, captain of Kirost’s Misfits

The turnout for Hydra this year is pretty small. What got you interested in joining?

Noah: I figure this is good time to join. Small groups equal more fights for my members. I fought with Rock Hards last year and fell in love with the game.

What are you looking to accomplish this season with your team?

Noah: Last year Hydra's Foil was the newest team.... and they did well. I know each of my team members strengths and will use them in the fights

Speaking of Hydra Foil, they look strong this time around. So, I have to ask. Which team do you think will give yours the most trouble?

Noah: Each team in Hydra. We are going to be going against Barons, Opals, and Archmages. I am thinking Jewel's team. Royal Pains will be the tough team to beat

Let's switch it up then. Which of the three other teams do you think the Misfits will have their best chance against?

Noah: Hydra's Foil.

And finally. Do you have any goals for your team after everything is said and done and the curtain closes for Hydra this year? Is that it for the Misfits or will there be anything beyond Hydra?

Noah: We might have to see.... and of course we have to to talk to Kirost Enterprises. Who knows. Maybe IFL is next.
__

We're already seeing the Kirost’s Misfits take on Hydra Foil as Hydra 2016 begins tonight!
Will the Misfits live up to their captains expectations and give the Foil's their first season loss? Keep an eye out for match dates and come out to support your favorite team!

[ Thank you Noah for the liveplay interview! ]
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Hydra Q&A : Hope Naharis, assistant captain of Hydra Foil

Dirty and now Hydra Foil? Is this something team Dirty fans need to worry about, or are you doing a favor for your former Outback mentee, Eden Parker?

Hope: I need to stay active or I'll go insane. Dirty has flexibility where it counts so when they don't want to play ball, I lend my services elsewhere. You could call it that yeah, Eden asked and I wanted to help her out.

Who would you say is the strongest fighter on your team? And you can't say yourself.

Hope: Dueling isn't transitive. A team works together and that's really no different in dueling as it is any other sport Kheldar or Gren. Flip a coin.

I've seen your posters around town. Could this be a shot at Royal Pain? With the the current Overlord being on their team and all.

Hope: Current Overlord and a newly minted Loyal Baron. Directly? No not really. By association? Sure I could see that

I'm sure you read what Noah said before Week One of Hydra and.. well, the scores show how that turned out. Your team will be fighting them again in the coming weeks, anything you want to say to the Misfits?

Hope: I think some competitive banter is always welcome when it comes to events like Hydra. Since Noah's remarks were more geared towards Eden, as they're both captains, I think I'll let her figure out some meaningful retort if she wants. Saying we're the best is too cliche so I'll just say of all the teams in Hydra, we're the sweetest.
__

She is humble, isn't she?
As for my choice between Gren and Kheldar? It's hard to say. We still have to wait and see if Kheldar will give the Foils their first flawless victory this Hydra season.

[ Thank you Hope for the liveplay interview! ]
On The Pulse
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by On The Pulse »

Hydra Q&A : Kruger Allen, captain of the Rock Hards

We're talking as the Rock Hard match is underway with Rachael against Royal Pain's Rena. This is a pretty important match to your team that could make or break the Rock Hards first week. Are you worried?

Kruger: Worried? No. Even if it happens that we lose the week, the team is all that matters here. We won't break, cuz we've got iron in our souls and rock in our blood!

Your team suffered a disappointing loss last night in fists. Royal Pain is stacked with good duelists, so many are wondering why you didn't put yourself in this week to try and counter balance their lineup? And would you change anything looking back on it now?

Kruger: This week has been a scheduling nightmare for the team. I felt that I needed to keep myself available for possibly subbing in a heavier weighted fight. No, I wouldn't change anything, my reasoning is simple. With the two matches that we had left, even considering the deficit between Aric and David we can still take the week. All we need is the wins.

Next week it's the Rock Hards against Kirost’s Misfits. Give us a prediction.

Kruger: A prediction... I predict that everyone better be a music lover! There'll be plenty to be heard.

Alright, here's the final and the most important question. The Krugey Krater. Where did you come up with that?

Kruger: The Krater? God it's been so long. I think I did it in the outback maybe four years ago? I often used the power slam, but I was just overcome with the need to shout something. That was the first thing that came to my head. I think I remember a bunch of people laughing over it. It felt so right, I do it every time now.
__

The only hope for the Rock Hards this week is if Red can pull off a perfect shut out victory against Overlord Matt. Good luck!

[ Thank you Kruger for the liveplay interview! ]

Return to “The Hydra's Den”