Higher profiles and bigger targets.

They wrecked the Wrecking Crew, put a stop to Forces of Nature, Crushed Crushbob, and weakened Great of Strength.

Moderators: Jake, Candy Hart, King

King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 / Morning
[ Connected to this Post ]

A small press conference was held inside an undisclosed building.

"I'm leavin' Team Beat Down." Terry'd start. What followed were flashes of lights and flying questions; but she paid them no mind as she stared out into the crowd. Her focus on nothing, no one -- she was far too busy realizing the dream she built up out of a simple idea she ran by Candy before the first Hydra Tournament had crumbled away from under her feet.

"We ain't a family anymore, we're jus' a splintered group. A shadow of somethin' we used to be.. Jake's got Badside, Mur's retired.." Terry pinched fingers against the bridge of her nose as she looked down for a moment. She continued, ".. It jus' ain't the same anymore. It ain't what I signed up for. We ain't a collective group gunnin' for the same goal.. Iron Fist League was proof of that."

More questions came. Jake's name in some, Candy's in others. Talks of possibly Melanie being the cause of this decision also leaving the busy tongues of reporters. All Terry did was look down at her folded hands with a tired expression. "I'm sorry you're gonna be hearin' about it this way, Candy.." The woman wasn't here, but she knew this wouldn't be kept private for long. Her words would be spread. No, they were already being spread the second she spoke them out loud.

She wanted to speak more, but she could feel that lump in her throat. She knew if she even blinked while facing the cameras, those tears might fall. Terry looked to the well dressed man beside her. A somewhat pleading look that gained a nod in return. He leaned over to speak into the mic. "That's all for today."

She stood. No longer dressed in red and black. Only a modest sort of suit had adorn her form. No Beat Down pride. No pimping the product. She was a shadow of the former self that she had created while on the dueling team. Now? Now it's over.

Terry was ushered along through the back as the questions flew at her from behind. She peered over her shoulder to give one last mournful look to the crowd. The sound of another representative of hers meeting her ears. More questions, vague answers. Terry shook her head and allowed herself to be led through the side door.

-----------------------------------------

Posted on the Daily Star's Tabloid Website

Reports have surfaced that Terry King, former member of the dueling team Beat Down, is suing the team for an undisclosed amount. Mismanagement of Terry King's money by the team appointed financial advisor seems to be the cause. Could this be why King left Beat Down?

More information to come!
Fourth
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Fourth »

A statement released to the press.....

There's a lot, lot more I want to say on this topic. However, there's really no point. The people who need to hear it aren't around anymore or they are on different teams. I'll keep it short. I came to this team for two reasons. One was Terry King. A close friend, I wanted to be able to work with her. The second? I thought this team was built around loyalty. Truth is, you proved me right in the first place. There's not many people around here that understand such a simple term. So, while I won't say I'm sorry it happened this way, I will say this. Get f*cked. You know who you are.

As of now, I'm resigning from the team. I'll be taking offers on a conditional basis, event by event. Thanks for the time, guys.

Return to “Team Beat Down”