Beat Down Bounty

They wrecked the Wrecking Crew, put a stop to Forces of Nature, Crushed Crushbob, and weakened Great of Strength.

Moderators: Jake, Candy Hart, King

What's your reason for approving the bounty?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Because we're scared of losing, Seirichi
20%
Because we can't beat your team normally, Seirichi
No votes
Because I'm on Rachael's team and we need all the help we can get, Seirichi
80%
Because I'm Xanth, AKA "THE ONLY VALID REASON"
No votes

Total votes: 5
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Beat Down Bounty

Post by Seirichi »

This is for the rest of the teams battling for second place. How do you like your " FREE CARRY PASS " aka "the bounty against Team Beatdown"?
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Oh hey. What's that? Me, Mur, Robot-guy, Not a King, and Candy in the Outback all at one time? I bet you're wondering how the bounty hunting went. Just HOW many people asked us to fight?

Hah, oh wow. You'll love this.

Rachael was kind enough to show up and avoid us entirely, as if in doing so punishes us somehow. We still earned 35 points tonight and are still winning by a landslide. Hey, Jacen. Maybe you should start cracking the whip and telling your teammates to start putting in some work. You and that light-sword guy can't be the only ones doing something most of the time.

Now, you might ask; "Seirichi, what if they didn't know your team was willing to fight?" I recall Candy and the Robot going as far as to openly challenge ANYONE in the place. Candy doing so not once, but twice.

Since this bounty thing obviously isn't working, maybe Sylus should put together a MERCY RULE to save you other teams any further shame.

Speaking of Sylus. Grats on being the only dude who had enough balls to face my team tonight, along with Duci and Joey if going by this list is correct. It's just sad that the guy running this thing, and those who aren't even in it, put in more effort than you other teams tonight.

I'm leaving Crew out of this because Kheldar did his part tonight.

Good game. Really. I'm going to sit the rest of this bounty out since I've given you kids your chance.
Last edited by Seirichi on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Excuse me. I forgot Jake as well.

That's Me, Mur, Robot-guy, Not a King, Candy, AND Jake. Six out of our Eight.

I wait for your full lists of excuses and/or whining. I need something to laugh over with Harris before we start our show anyway. Rachaels attempt at last Sundays Diamond Quest isn't having the same impact anymore.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

There's a bounty? I admit that I don't know the details to it, I keep hearing about it, but haven't seen what it is.

Point me in the right direction?

Plus, I don't do well at Hand to hand, and wasn't there last night. I may be around this weekend, though, if you'd like some armed. Keep in mind, I'm not going to go duel like, 8000 duels in one weekend. I keep myself limited to two a night.

We can talk then. Will there be a bounty on your team still then, or was it just for unarmed?

Feel free to let me know! Oh, and I think I've dueled everyone on your team with mixed results, mostly negative for me. Doesn't mean I won't keep trying. Though I am done fighting Candy in unarmed. My jaw can't keep taking the punishment. I gotta be able to smacktalk somehow.

G
MurOllavan
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Triple Crown of Beatdown

Post by MurOllavan »

Seirichi just look at this scoreboard. G's team literally has one point - I mean Jamie's beating their entire team. How sad. Candy's almost got more personal points than Crew, Crushbob and team Xanth. We should pick up Xanth next year so we can win by 1000. I'm beginning to think they are all as handicapped as Sylus makes them out to be, perhaps they actually need their FREE CARRY PASS.

Looks like I make warlord tonight for the third time. To celebrate our almost 300 point lead and to work on my SoA and subsequent Talon-Barony, I will be around to teach all you stupid chumps, suckers and handicapped **********s how to duel at swords. This Thursday to Sunday I will be there each day pulling up couch cushions and checking behind the bar for the frightened remnants of what's left of our competition. If you can't contribute to your team with a 3 - 1 edge over me in points I don't know what else could possibly help you.

~Mur
((or Sean, as the thread may be))
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Just so you're aware, Mur, any benefits you get from the Talon when you make Warlord go away. I'm sure you do know it, but I'm just making sure. The whole "Talon-Barony" comment made me wonder.

Anyway, I fail to see any significant cause for bringing up my unfortunate team. It's not as though I was bragging. I look forward to dueling whomever.

G
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Have to give it to G though. He's been a constant on swords and fight nights and is trying to put in effort for his team. Can't say that about many others. His team just hasn't had the opportunity to shine yet. Matt'll activate beast mode soon and change that, I guarantee it.

Speaking of shining. I have to admit mine came the first week of the tournament. That double win nonsense in magic carried Forces of Nature pretty high.. sad I used that plus legit raw and I will now add godlike skill to rise up 75 and push Beat Down riiiiight to the top. Candy can admit to being carried. If not, I'll be sure to remind her.

No. This isn't bragging. Oh - wait. It is.

Shh, shh Candy. You've been putting in work and carrying us in the weeks after. I'll admit to it.

Hey, when are we going to have that carried-win-night, oops I mean, double-win-night in fists? That way we can put 300 more points of a lead in front of that terrible group of misfits in Forces of Nature.

By the way, Jacen. When you going to challenge Mur? I know he isn't some de-powered little girl. Who, by the way everyone, wasn't even a wizard and somehow ruined his ass without much effort, but come on.. Mur shouldn't be kept waiting. Hey, Kalinda! Maybe you'd like to challenge him instead?
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

I could go on some long winded rant right now about tonight but I'd rather not. I'll just say this.

Xanth and G? Good game, both of you. It's good to see you two taking advantage of the bounty.

Rest of you? Disappointed. Really. Mur publicly announces his intent to fight and none of you show. You've all been given your advantage to gain thirty points for a win. TWICE Beat Down have given you this opportunity, and it's only the "Soloist-of-Strength" Xanth and "NegativeBobForNow" G who shows up.

After this? I don't want to hear any word of people crying that Beat Down wont fight them in magic or anything like it. You've been given your opportunity to exploit our misfortune and still don't show.

Mur's waiting for that Tower of Water Challenge, Jacen. But I still think it should be Kalinda who tries to grab it up. Why? Because I'm her number one fan and really want to see her wet.

Damn I'm sounding like a try-hard.

For Future Hydra Fighters: The keyword here is STRATEGY, not GET CARRIED. Learn the difference because it'll one day save your life. You don't want to wake up and get 5-1'd out of your first fight in the Diamond Quest. Beat Down got our wins legit, and seeing you waste your opportunity to get carried is just sad. Then again, maybe you don't want to have it known that you needed a " Helping Hand " to win this tournament because you couldn't do it on your own merit. If that's the case? Good going.

Long story short: Get your sh*t together.

By the way, I love you Kalinda.

Peace <3!
Kalinda Acheron
Adventurer
Adventurer
Exotic Dancer

Post by Kalinda Acheron »

It's quite a pity you're already ranked at Sorceror, my dear. Your statements had given me reason to consider offering you the position of Neophyte, if you so wished for it.

Alas, it simply does not seem to be in the cards.

K.A.
I Remember the words of the misguided fool
Do unto others as you'd have them do
Not an eye for an eye is the golden rule
Just leaves a room full of blind men.

Dave Matthews.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

My life long dream is to be under you, Kalinda. I mean train under you. You know what? I'm going to say it's a little bit of both.

It might just spark my interest in Magic again.. Either that, or give me an excuse to stare at you.

But it's just not in the cards.. You can't see this, but I'm wiping away a tear.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

Let's look at what happened tonight.

I called it. Right? Matt looks to be getting back in his groove and the pain train should be sweeping through the tournament very soon. Then again, a victory against Rachael can't count as much. Good going on the 5-1 against Rhiannon. Every point from Forces of Nature is a personal point towards my love. Come by the station and pick up your free RhyDin Rewind T-Shirt, Matt. You deserve it.

Candy beat Ria to keep her little barony and is now challenging the Overlord. I'm a little mad that he didn't give me the challenge-thing, but hey, it's valid team tactic. I can't hate Chris that much for it. As for the whole challenge fight? Was a close match.. and, Candy? I'm very disappointed in you. I'm the captain, voice, and looks of this team. You're making me look bad when you fight sloppy. Shape up.

Speaking of Rachael. She lost twice to Mur, and only gained one win. In Magic. By the way, it wasn't by much. A fluke of luck if I had to guess. Mur made sure to prove that fluke-of-luck theory by 5-1'ing her in a fist fight right after. I wonder if she had flash backs during it about me and her Diamond Quest fight? Then she lost to Matt in swords. Now, I'm not completely bashing her effort.. I'm going to congratulate her instead! Good going, Rachael! You finally got off your ass and did something for you team! Sad it was something negative. Maybe all of you should let Jacen and Siofra carry your team again.. Forces of Nature had more wins over losses that way.

Oh. Jacen. When are you going to challenge Mur for the Tower of Water?

I'd also like to add that I love Kalinda again.

Official "I love you" List.

&#9829; Mia
&#9829; Maria
&#9829; Kalinda
&#9829; PJ
&#9829; Fio
&#9829; Gwen
&#9829; Harris
&#9829; Matt, if he continues to steal points from Forces of Nature. Keep it up and I'll add a free mug to the list of prizes.

Don't worry. It's not ranked by who I love the most to who I love the least. I'm all about equality.

Hero of the Weekend: Mur Ollvan for showing all of you how it's done. I'd give it to Candy, but no.

ArchMage Tournament Predictions: I'm calling it. Xanth will win and cackle adorably while continuing his ride through second place and leave Terrible by Nature in his dust. Oops, I mean Forces of Nature.
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

OFFICIAL ARCHMAGE TOURNAMENT TIER LIST

GODLIKE TIER
XANTH

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE TIER
HARRIS

HEROIC EFFORT TIER
MUR

MY CHAMPION / DOMINATES RACHAEL TIER
NAYUN

STRAIGHT UP LOSERS TIER. Aka: "Too much swagger there Jacen. Holla at me after you've got more than one regular win" BUT CAN'T EVEN GET THAT THIS TOURNAMENT TIER
JACEN

CAN'T EVEN SHOW UP ON TIME TIER
SIOFRA

HAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU KIDDING ME? BEATEN BY THE SAME PERSON TWICE / ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TIER
RACHAEL

Good job, Xanth. You've proved my predictions right. Come get a free coffee mug down at the KLIT-900 AM building. As for Mur and my Maid? Thanks for making sure the only points Terrible by Nature got was from just joining this tournament.

Wow. Looks like becoming Mage in one cycle really meant something, right Jacen? And losing to the man you want to challenge? I can't even make up this stuff, it's pure comedy. Also I heard you pretty much disappeared after the second match was over. If I had to guess? Nice ragequit there, bro. How about you challenge Mur now? Or was that enough for you?

I'll take a note from one of the callers who voiced his opinion on my show.

Terrible by Nature? You're bad. And you should feel bad. Have fun in third place. Maybe next time you'll axe Rachael and put someone who can do better in Swords and Fists in her place. I could help you make up your dream-team if you'd like. But you can't have Xanth, he's mine. Maybe next time you won't try and rely on Magic and spread out a bit? Because it seems like even with three Mages.. you couldn't get the job done. Don't know, just a helpful tip.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

I'm not even in this tournament, yet I find this absolutely hysterical.
MurOllavan
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Triple Crown of Beatdown

Post by MurOllavan »

Seirichi wrote: How about you challenge Mur now? Or was that enough for you?
He doesn't want to challenge, or he would have done it by now. Rachael and him had a nice learning experience, a real teachable moment. Old school > New School all the way.

On another note, Sylus is now referring to GoS as simply Xanth.

~Mur
((or Sean, as the thread may be))
Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Post by Seirichi »

MurOllavan wrote:
Seirichi wrote: How about you challenge Mur now? Or was that enough for you?
He doesn't want to challenge, or he would have done it by now. Rachael and him had a nice learning experience, a real teachable moment. Old school > New School all the way.
He's been on the ranks since the 07/01 - 07/05/2011 DoM standings, it's taken him THIS LONG to make the climb to Mage. Who cares if it was in one cycle? He's been around for how long? Longer than my maid, that's for sure.. and let's see what she's done with her time on the isle. Oh - right. Gained a tower at the rank of Wizard then gained Mage. Should I also add that this is on top of snagging a barony at Grand Master then gaining Warlord.. and add even further - that she gained Emerald and an Opal during that whole time frame? Never mind the double 5-0 shut out. That doesn't really need to be mentioned.

All of this in less than a year.

If she had any sort of ego like you, Jacen. I believe she'd be the one with more ground to stand on in her claims.

Right. Mage in one cycle. Good for him. But it's been another cycle and all he's gotten is a failed challenge and a terrible performance in the ArchMage tournament. I think someone should learn to keep their ego in check, because there's nothing to be boastful about with that track record.

By the way. Having something to boast about equals a reason to trash talk. Having nothing just makes you look like an untalented d*ck who'd rather talk smack than snag a title. Oh, might I add - with the way Magic is, you could of gained that title from the rank of Enchanter. So there's still no excuses for not having it by now.

I told Harris I would beat him on day one and steal PathFinder. Guess what I did? Yeah - That's why I'm on the histories right now and you're not. I still found it amusing that with all your talk and rank, you couldn't beat down some sorcerer ranked little girl.. and you STILL feel the need to talk smack?

How about this. Challenge Mur. Let's see if you can live up to your self-proclaimed reputation and handle the current Keeper of Water.; since he has more shown talent in his pinky finger compared to your whole dueling life. Scratch that -- more talent than your whole existence sounds more accurate. Because if it's anything like your performance in the ArchMage tournament? You're just going to give me more hilarious things to write about.

Long story short: Get good.

Love,

Return to “Team Beat Down”