Age Appropriate Live Play

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

JC
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Best Chae

Re: Age Appropriate Live Play

Post by JC »

Viktor Ravenwood wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:11 am
JC wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:49 pm You'll have to excuse my confusion but what? Do you mean this where the theme is mentioned right at the top?
I think that was the one? I did not attend it as I said - I only heard about it in DM's. I see the theme but not "costume party" listed?? I realize we all have a choice to dress up or down but a costume is not something a normal person will select unless told that the party is a costume party.

Maybe I will talk with the folks I hear this info from and encourage them to come speak on this board.
Trying not to pile on, just responding to your response to me and nothing more;

Because it wasn't explicitly a costume party, that's the thing. Even the hostess of the night did not wear a costume. In my experience, people go all out for certain annual events and some are downright excessively extra (myself included at times). It's nothing to do with inclusiveness or lack thereof really. But if you're hearing it secondhand, having the firsthand perspective may help me understand it better. Or give people a chance to explain it if it's a misunderstanding because lawd if it doesn't feel like half this crap is coming from people interpreting things differently than intended.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

Viktor Ravenwood wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:11 amI feel costumes tend to draw kids in -- so I thought it was topical for that reason.
What are you implying with this? If we look at the context of the thread it's about sexuality and the concern of where children may come into play. I'd like to understand what you are meaning by this. What was sexual about the posted thread?

I'm also personally confused why some choosing to dress in costume and others not is somewhat problematic? I see your reasoning but this sounds more of a personal issue and not the event. No one was punished or ostracized for not wearing a costume, correct? No one IC mocked them or made fun of them? Or were they and if they were, can I see logs?
Viktor Ravenwood
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Viktor Ravenwood »

Morgan LaFey wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:29 am This was not an adult only party. Younger people were more than welcome to join. It was the Annual Official Governor's ball, a player run event in which all players are welcome to join with any character in any attire they desired. (As long as they conformed to community guidelines.)
Thank you for clarifying that; it was an age appropriate ball, that is excellent!! This example was chosen because it was the only one I really heard about. I did not hear about the Tower of Air stuff until this thread was started.

I did not go to either of these events, personally. I apologize for derailing the thread; I merely thought it a chance to point out valid ways to make the community more inviting. I am not sure why folks are focused on what event I chose, and not the words before and after that event? I was trying to use it as a springboard to the ideas we control our own actions and we can be more attentive, aware, and respectful of one another. It does not require us to change our rules but our mindset.

JC wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:34 am Trying not to pile on, just responding to your response to me and nothing more;

Because it wasn't explicitly a costume party, that's the thing. Even the hostess of the night did not wear a costume. In my experience, people go all out for certain annual events and some are downright excessively extra (myself included at times). It's nothing to do with inclusiveness or lack thereof really. But if you're hearing it secondhand, having the firsthand perspective may help me understand it better. Or give people a chance to explain it if it's a misunderstanding because lawd if it doesn't feel like half this crap is coming from people interpreting things differently than intended.
Thank you for giving me more perspective - you are right I only understand what is shared with me, and this does help influence my opinion of the event but it doesn't really change the message I was trying to get through: We can decipher what is lewd and what is violent and wrap it up appropriately. I am bad at explaining this at midnight. I might try again in the morning.

Royal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:35 am What are you implying with this? If we look at the context of the thread it's about sexuality and the concern of where children may come into play. I'd like to understand what you are meaning by this. What was sexual about the posted thread?

I'm also personally confused why some choosing to dress in costume and others not is somewhat problematic? I see your reasoning but this sounds more of a personal issue and not the event. No one was punished or ostracized for not wearing a costume, correct? No one IC mocked them or made fun of them? Or were they and if they were, can I see logs?
The thread did not seem exclusively topical to sexuality? Violence was brought up many times, and cliques!! I hope this helps... but let me know if I need to reword myself.

I will ask the person who told me if they have logs but I do not believe they were harassed only greatly embarrassed from what I heard.
Royal
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Royal »

I asked because it was a presented example with a claim of players feeling excluded and the majority of this thread has been on the subject of alluded sexuality and the claim of hyper-presentation of such in the face of children. If there was no real issue then okay. I understand the want to speak up for friends but he-said-she-said and second hand stories can cause these issues. It sucks to feel embarrassed, it happens to us all.
Mallory wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:28 am It is, again, strange to me that we started this thread targeting the Tower of Air Party, with Jaycy hosting as the Keeper of Air, and have now moved to the Governor's Ball, hosted by Governor Jaycy Ashleana.
While I'd like to hope it isn't I'm starting to find it strange myself.
Viktor Ravenwood
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Royal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:45 am If there was no real issue then okay. I understand the want to speak up for friends but he-said-she-said and second hand stories can cause these issues. It sucks to feel embarrassed, it happens to us all.
Thanks for understanding my intensions a bit better, it means a lot to me. I know I stumble on words sometimes - but you are right about all of this.
Mallory wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:28 am It is, again, strange to me that we started this thread targeting the Tower of Air Party, with Jaycy hosting as the Keeper of Air, and have now moved to the Governor's Ball, hosted by Governor Jaycy Ashleana.
I personally think it was coincidence but we can see if anything else pops up? I did not pay attention to who hosted the event. I never mentioned the Tower of Air, personally, but I realize that others did? I read over the event pages themselves but I never looked to the left because I am a newb like that.
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Post by Michelle Montoya »

Hey everyone,

We’re five-pages in here and have covered a lot of ground. This has been a long, difficult conversation. I’m going to try and summarize a few key points about where we are at and make a few recommendations.

Initial Issue
- Age-appropriate play, and concerns about
- “Ratings” and how we advertise our server
- Minors being on the server

As it stands right now, our server does not have a rating, and is not required by Discord terms and conditions to have a NSFW age-gate or an 18+ warning. Staff are not interested in labelling the community as 18+ or changing our Community Guidelines to allow more explicit content. We encourage everyone to abide by the Community Guidelines for both the forums and the Discord server.

Minors are allowed on the server, we do not ask people to confirm their age before using the forums or accessing the server. The staff are not concerned about minors at this time. We are currently considering the possibility of changing our welcome message, but this is in very early development.

If someone’s play is making you uncomfortable, reach out to them. Engage in respectful dialogue.

If someone’s play is violating the guidelines, reach out to a member of our Staff.

Clarification about Challenges, Tournaments, and Dueling
While we encourage everyone to roleplay while they are dueling (since dueling is a form of roleplay), how much a person plays and how much they engage with their opponent is a personal choice. Technically, there is no requirement to engage directly with an opponent as the Nexus Bot handles the mediation of dueling moves. Cases where there is no play during a duel should be the exception, hopefully, we can respectfully play with each other.

Everyone has the right to participate in a tournament.

Everyone has the right to challenge for a title.

Everyone has the right to duel. You can duel in any venue, on any night.

If you have concerns about dueling rules or procedures, please reach out to a member of the sports staff.

Events
We’ve brought up specific events and specific people in this thread. It has unfortunately made a few people bear the emotional brunt of this dialogue. I kindly ask that we stop targeting specific people or specific events.

If you have concerns about event(s) that are being run, whether by players or by staff, I encourage you to reach out to the RP team. None of the events referenced thus far in our thread have violated any guidelines, and we are extremely grateful for the concerted effort that all members of our community put into running Discord events, setting up board-only events, hosting shifts, creating playables etc. Thank you.

Problems versus People
The following quote is attributed to multiple sources:
Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.

We’ve discussed a lot of strategies for dealing with interpersonal conflict. We hope that open dialogue and communication are part of the process. Blocking and ignoring is always an option, but we hope it is not the first step. Ideally we should not be defined (or defining others) by our worst moments, worst associates, or harshest words. Be respectful. Be patient. Be kind. Be forgiving.

Let’s give each other the benefit of the doubt and look for benign intent. Open dialogue is hard, but we firmly believe in having open and difficult conversations. Even if you don’t like pie.

Next Steps
We are not closing down this thread or trying to preemptively end the conversation. Let’s try and keep this focused.

At this point, the focus is on how we represent our community to new players (minors and adults) and if we want any changes to our Community Guidelines regarding our permissible content. If you have suggestions about either of these issues (aka, the initial issue), please feel free to contribute your ideas. Feel free to give this thread some room to breathe, take a couple of days, and circle back.

-Aryana
MC
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by MC »

At this point, the focus is on how we represent our community to new players (minors and adults) and if we want any changes to our Community Guidelines regarding our permissible content. If you have suggestions about either of these issues (aka, the initial issue), please feel free to contribute your ideas. Feel free to give this thread some room to breathe, take a couple of days, and circle back.
Quoting this so I have it as a sort of header towards my very late rambling thoughts, again written entirely based on opinion and personal bias/thought's. So I apologize preemptively if it is less constructive than I mean it to be.

First off. I wish to speak on a few thoughts on the "...how we represent our community to new players (minors and adults)..." in a breakdown. Nothing again Michelle of course, just using the reorientating statement as a foil for my thoughts. Firstly:
"...how we represent our community to new players..."
I know, in some way, how best to approach this topic. We want new players here. Period. Growth in population is, for the most part, good for the Server by having more Unique players about to engage in the server, the duels, events, live play, and the forums. For any RP community, whether it be on Discord, Forums, Site-based chats, Video games, LARP, TTRPG's: The more people involved is always going to trend for the better even if bad-apples and trolls sometimes slip through the cracks.

However, this being said: and I approach this in the idea of generalization. Thread's that end up like this, where staff are having to urge civility and re-orientate the message to keep things constructive and avoid the thinly-veiled clashing going on between parts of the community, ideal's and thoughts on what the RP should be; can be extremely detrimental to the above goal. I would clarify that having people speak freely, openly about what they feel (Which is subjective and valid to all persons involved in the community, as individuals) is not a bad thing. However, when they devolve into perceptions of what the subject is about going both ways, as I believe multiple people have said: it feels like high-school. Between the lines being drawn in the sand, and incivility between members (I will state. I am no better in this in many cases and have made my past mistakes), if I were an outsider relatively new to Roleplay, or even a veteran in Roleplaying in the text-medium: I would be hesitant to truly engage in the community.

Furthermore, on this statement, many times before on the old site when arguments like this arose for one reason or another: it often pushed away existing members. I will be the first one to admit that, as of recently, the thin-veil of OOC dislike towards myself has pushed me away from playing on RoD, and has even pushed me back towards Conan and Dayz: Both VERY toxic communities. Now whether or not this exact instance of this happening with the events/discussions of this thread has caused a push-away of veteran members of the community I can not say, I don't have a way to prove this with facts: so again I can only go off observations.

As for more, suggestions and solution-based thoughts.

As for the overall representation of our community, the only solution I can come up with in my mind is one that has to be founded in the community, policed by the community, and at the end of the day achieved by the community. By the players. There is no magic bullet staff can use to fix outside perceptions of the community. From the few cases I know of: of people, I tried to bring into the community from my Roleplay circles. The biggest and consistent issue was being ignored, feeling left out, and to quote: "If you aren't in a clique, don't expect to find much RP." Cliques are to be expected, they are rather normal things in society beyond Roleplay and even more so inside of Roleplay communities. My suggestion to the members of the community that will even read this is, just to try. Try and bridge those gaps between cliques or even people you are uncomfortable with. It won't happen overnight, over years even: but if you don't try... then nothing will change.

On the idea of Representing our community towards Minors and Adults, and this is more so towards staff: I wouldn't change in either direction. Obviously, this thread is about the PG-13 rating or the idea of keeping it to be inclusive towards underage minors. To swing in any one way would, in my view, upset the balance that is currently struck (tenuously) between the two. Swing towards an audience that is under-aged, and we fall in with the over 83905 other roleplay servers that are publicly listed upon sites like Disboard. If we swing too much towards Adult themes, then there is a chance that this conversation happens again, only the next time the previously suggested themes are less suggested and more literal and would be, what I would categorize, as hyper-sexual. What RoD has is, in its own way, unique when it comes to themes and prospective audiences. It caters to PG-13 and even some 16+ themes that are real, true to life and provoke thought while being read: while also being a place of variance where anyone can come at any level of Roleplay experience and enjoy our shared hobby. Not only this, but they can also partake in the community in ways that they would most enjoy.

Lastly, before I conclude and TLDR this post, on the matter of changing community guidelines. I have an unpopular suggestion that I know the staff and the community members reading this post will not be enough. Guidelines need to evolve into rules. My reasoning follows this line of thought, and is based on experience in my own time as administration on a large 2000+ person Conan Exiles server where I almost day in and day out, dealt with admin tickets and matters that were much the same as this thread. Guidelines can be pushed, repeatedly, and in some perspectives broken, without there being consequences that fall upon the person doing this to the guidelines. It furthermore, undermines the ability of staff to protect the community from (as said above) those who slip through the cracks and can in general be deemed as nuisances to the community. Of course, RoD staff have proven themselves extremely capable in their ability to handle matters inside of the community. However, as part of this thread's discussion, as part of discussions on Discord and so on: it is also the communities responsibility to police itself, and when there is nothing set in stone rules-wise what one part of the community sees as a fault, the other will not. If there are enforceable, spelled out, and comprehensive rules that leave little room to question: it reinforces the ability of the capable staff to maintain the server, and gives both newcomers and existing members an understanding of the boundaries in which they must operate.

In conclusion: I apologize for the essay. I hadn't intended on an essay, nor had I intended on writing another post to this thread. In truth, I had basically given up on truly motivating myself to engage in the community because of the current climate that I... simply don't enjoy. I don't enjoy writing on RoD right now and struggle to put my fingers in motion on the keyboard in involvement beyond what is required of me to stay slightly involved in the dueling venues. There is no one simple solution, no one finger I can point, no button I can press that explains why: it is simply a culmination of things both on my end and the communities end, some that go back as far as 2013 when I first joined this community and some of the very hateful things said to me back then. I pray this can be received well, and that the readers of this post understand that while this is almost entirely my bias in this post, that its intent is to provide thoughts on suggestions I have or rather, things that I perceive as detrimental. Thank you and if anyone wishes to speak to me, my DM's are open, and if you are one of few people I have blocked: a quick @ in the green room and my DM's will be open to chat.

TLDR: MC has opinions, they are many. Constructive talks are good, back-and-forth discussions that turn uncivil are not. Don't change too much from the way things are in the balance of Adult/Minor content to keep the unique feel of RoD and to prevent becoming one of many other servers out there. Implement more comprehensive rules over guidelines to better prevent things like this in the future.
Viktor Ravenwood
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

MC wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:54 am I will be the first one to admit that, as of recently, the thin-veil of OOC dislike towards myself has pushed me away from playing on RoD, and has even pushed me back towards Conan and Dayz: Both VERY toxic communities.

Guidelines need to evolve into rules.

Don't apologize for the essay MC, it was extremely well written and you made so many valid points. Thank you for speaking up again!

Related to sex-subjects... it occurred to me when reading your post that once I was invited to a massive Conan server. There, I met Samuel who was a REAL human trafficker who offered to sell me a woman out of Chicago. He said he took people he groomed on that site and exchanged them for EU victims to be brought over here. I have multiple photos of the guy and have worked with authorities on this matter. (He claimed I was the only woman he would ever respect because of one deep conversation on voice chat at 3am). This server the dude was at... it was an 18+ server with some pretty graphic stuff. I thought 18+ meant what it does in any MMO guild - adults only, cursing might be seen and maybe a single nip-slip over eggnog at yule.

You made me realize in RP-chat-land 18+ tags really HAVE been associated with hypersexuality. In lieu of this suggestion I feel enforcement is a fantastic idea but ONLY if things are CLEARLY defined so there is no arbitrary interpretations of the new rules. We need examples and exceptions listed out.

Now that said... do we feel this is "age appropriate" and within the guidelines? It is extremely sexual and might be offensive to religious folks. I saw it in play last night and it shocked me. It felt like a blatant slap to the face with this thread active:
(Dialogue)
  • ". . . how pretty it was to see you gripping onto that long hard pole of the dick swinging man in the sky! To die for thrusting yourself onto that long hard meat you had your claws wrapped around! To die for the dick swinging man in the sky who only jerks his own stick."
  • "Would my survivor take pleasure in one of the most flaccid forms of hugs? Will that please your hard needs?"
  • ". . . is what seduced your mind into climax from what I groped! Seduced are you. . ."
I swear to gosh... I understand the character was trying to be nice in her own special way, and maybe she is well loved by the community... but I do not know her well or see her often, and based on that RP alone I almost left the community at 4am because this is ridiculous. Is this character even over 18? She sounds like she is a minor but I barely pay attention so... you know what? Who cares. If this is what you want people to see, this is what you want people to see.

I just find it incredulous that this player couldn't be bothered to wrap this in || FOUR LITTLE MARKS?!?!?!?!?!? That is TOO MUCH for you guys?! This place isn't even worth it's weight in salt if you feel that is a good and accurate representation of what RP should be like. How filthy and wrong on SO many levels. I really hope the character and player are not minors.

Maybe we can use this as a springboard into getting back on subject: Is this really age-appropriate play and what can we do to warn youth or those who might be offended, so they steer clear of the content? They WILL have to be exposed at least once before they can block. Is there any way to prevent that first exposure, however, such as enforcing the need for censoring the extreme end of certain subjects?

For example the offer for a hug was not all that bad and does not need to be censored even if I included it with the example. The other phrases however? There are certainly parts of them I feel would best be omitted, rewritten, or censored. This kind of stuff exists for the shock-value alone. I do not think it adds very much to the play.
Last edited by Viktor Ravenwood on Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

As a comment. This is not the place to make a formal report to the staff about an incident.

If you need to make a formal report about an incident, please reach out to us privately, or via the "Contact Us" link.
Viktor Ravenwood
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Jake wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:18 am As a comment. This is not the place to make a formal report to the staff about an incident.

If you need to make a formal report about an incident, please reach out to us privately, or via the "Contact Us" link.
Thanks for the reminder, I sent the concern there and removed it from my post.

Update: I am already seeing changes for the better in live play. I am really happy people are taking this thread to heart.
Sam A. Federov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sam A. Federov »

Hey. So, I don't usually post on threads like this, because I tend to stay out of this drama bullshit as much as I can. But I honestly have had enough, and this is the best place to put my thoughts.

I would very much like this thread to be closed as soon as possible, for one thing. It has caused three days of absolute fucking hell for all of my closest friends, and I have been stuck in the middle of it trying to hold my friend group together. Three of my closest friends and very prominent players have told me that they're considering quitting the server, in large part due to all this.

This was started in bad faith and became a fucking death spiral. Too many people have been called out, IN PUBLIC no less, when all, literally ALL of this could have been brought up in private, in DMs, where nobody would be embarrassed and nobody would feel attacked.

This server has a deep-seated problem. People on both sides of this whole thing are feeling pushed out and no longer welcome. Something needs to change, and something needs to change fast. I've tried to offer some possible solutions in private, which weren't listened to, but at this point I can't even wrap my head around what exactly needs to be fixed here. But something is fucking broken.

Shut this goddamn thread down so people can take a step back and just fucking breathe after this dumpster fire. Please.

It is getting to the point where people I play with are stepping back and being less active because of this, and the server is slowly becoming just a constant carousel of more and more drama and animosity, and as a result of this it is getting to the point where ROD ISN'T FUN ANYMORE.
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Holy hypocrisy, gas lighting, and deflection, Batman! What page are we on now? Five? Over fifteen hundred views as of my writing this. I suppose its one and only saving grace is that the dumpster fire that is the first four and a half pages is so obviously transparent to anyone with two eyes and a brain that I don’t exactly have to worry about it beyond making sure those who have been unjustly singled out know they’re supported.

Seeing as I haven’t been part of the Discord server for the last six months, I’d appreciate it if the OP could provide some better examples of the “excessive and gratuitous displays of sexual behavior” from the live play so I have a better understanding of what they’re hoping to police/censor since a staff member has already confirmed the two cases that were listed in no way violate community guidelines. If not the OP, then perhaps one of the other members of the party have the ability to enlighten us since this appears to be a group effort if the following is any indication of discussion behind the scenes and knowing the intent.

Igniting Chaos wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:10 am … the original post was meant to be the start of a conversation regarding the target audience for writing and the discomfort some of our fellow writers/readers feel about content.

If I’m not mistaken, Igniting Chaos, you write (or have written--maybe things have changed since I left) regularly with the person most recently highlighted in this post whose verbiage has been consistent for that character since July of last year. I’m legitimately curious why it’s been okay to play along with that content—presumably happily, you can correct me if I’m wrong—for the last eight months, but only now appear to have a problem with… well, I can’t say for sure since we’ve not been given any examples.

I’m asking in earnest because I’d love to be shown proof that this isn’t what it looks like. Because let me tell you, the hypocrisy being shown in this thread is staggering.

I’m not going to pick apart the last several pages because the majority of it had nothing at all to do with the topic brought up by the OPs. Instead, I’ll skip ahead to Michelle’s summary and the posts that follow.

Michelle Montoya wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:37 am At this point, the focus is on how we represent our community to new players (minors and adults) and if we want any changes to our Community Guidelines regarding our permissible content.

I am 100% vehemently opposed to labeling our community 18+. That label comes with a very specific connotation that, I feel, would invite more of what many of you in this thread purport to dislike. I completely fail to see the logic. I’m happy to hear the staff is not interested in changing the guidelines to allow explicit content.

MC wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:54 am Guidelines need to evolve into rules.

MC, bro, you know I love you. You’re my homie. But we are gonna have to agree to disagree here. Hard pass on creating a strict rule set. That our community doesn’t have rules is one of the things I like about it. It is entirely possible for everyone to police themselves through private and public discourse, or by making use of the tools we’ve been given—like the block function!

I’m not here to play with everyone. Yes, this is a collaborative effort, and I’m happy to have the chance to interact with people whose writing draws me in, but I reject the notion that I should feel guilty for ignoring something or someone that does not bring me enjoyment. This is a hobby. My time and energy is very valuable, now more than ever, and I’m not going to spend it on anyone who is subtracting from what should be a positive experience.

I happen to believe the suggestion to quietly block a distraction to be the most adult course of action in cases like this because it’s not my job to tell someone who or what to play. I know this from experience because I haven’t always made adult decisions in the past. I don’t particularly care for the person who made those choices; that was a version of myself who let others dictate her actions. I’m not that person anymore. And you can bet your ass I’m not going to have the audacity to tell another player who isn’t breaking any guidelines what they can and can’t do. No! I’m gonna ignore and/or block what I don’t want to see and focus on the things that are fun.

Viktor Ravenwood wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 am Now that said... do we feel this is "age appropriate" and within the guidelines? It is extremely sexual and might be offensive to religious folks. I saw it in play last night and it shocked me.

If we shut down everything that “might be offensive”, this site could not possibly exist. There are so many other things I’ve seen here that I personally find more shocking and offensive than the language you’ve shown in this (now edited) example. Like a rapist intimidating a teenage girl and threatening to enslave her. Underaged characters being role-played in / brought into adult and/or violent situations. Callously discussing miscarriage as a fun, desirable plot point in the green room. A different rapist trapping his terrified, uncomfortable victim in a public space and forcing her to interact with him. Joking about said sexual abuse in the green room. And those are just a few instances that have stuck with me.

Do I like that character’s play style? No. It’s certainly not to my taste, not something I care to read, and yeah…. Maybe there’s an argument to be made about how excessive it is, but just because it offends my better senses doesn’t mean they’re in the wrong. It doesn’t appear as if they’re engaged in a sexual act, just using shocking language. As I mentioned earlier, this character has been in play for the better part of eight months. I blocked them the first time I saw this content last year and you know what? I went on with my fun and they obviously went on with theirs.

Viktor Ravenwood wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 amI just find it incredulous that this player couldn't be bothered to wrap this in || FOUR LITTLE MARKS?!?!?!?!?!? That is TOO MUCH for you guys?!

Is it any harder for you to block what doesn’t suit your admitted tastes?

Viktor Ravenwood wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 am Is this really age-appropriate play and what can we do to warn youth or those who might be offended, so they steer clear of the content? They WILL have to be exposed at least once before they can block. Is there any way to prevent that first exposure, however, such as enforcing the need for censoring the extreme end of certain subjects?

It’s not our job to parent other people’s children. I’ll direct you to Michelle’s post here which explains neatly how RoD’s guidelines follow all legal and Discord policy requirements.
Sam A. Federov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sam A. Federov »

Can we just like... stop? Does anyone else REALLY need to throw their fucking hat in the ring here? Like, yes. That will totally achieve something beyond pissing the other side off and making this snowball roll further and fucking further. There is nothing positive or worthwhile to be gained by continuing this.
Dah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dah »

You’ve always got the option to not read it.
Sam A. Federov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sam A. Federov »

Were you listening to me? I couldn't care less if this goes on until the end of fucking time. It's my friends who are being affected by it. Consistently. That was said for the benefit of the people who keep reading this shit and being called out constantly, over and over again. But seriously, gimme one good reason this should keep going. Any new opinion gonna come in and instantly change everybody's mind? No? Didn't think so. Shut the fucking thing down before it inevitably gets ugly. Oh, wait, it already fucking has.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”