Polyvore Replacement

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Polyvore Replacement

Post by JewellRavenlock »

I think we can all agree that the loss of Polyvore last year was a big hit to our community. Not only did many of us love it as a creative outlet, but it was also a great way to participate in board and vapored events. Such participation has since declined, and I wonder if a Polyvore replacement can change that again.

Two potential Polyvore replacements that have recently been brought to my attention are:
1) UrStyle
2) Fashmates

I'm wondering if anyone has tried either (or both) of these out and what your thoughts are on them. They both have the potential for communities and contests, so it might be nice to work together as a community to pick a Polyvore replacement and use it.
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Re: Polyvore Replacement

I just made a community group on fashmate so we can play with that and try it out: https://www.fashmates.com/group-detail/ ... discussion
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

And I just tried to make a set real quick on fashmate. It took me 5 minutes. Not the best but I loooove some of the features! You can evil google search images in the set creator:
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

As someone who used to use Polyvore a lot for character outfits, I look forward to seeing a decent, user friendly replacement for that application.

I do want to bring up the point to keep in mind that, whatever application is chosen, not everyone uses or can use mobile/phone applications. Some of us still use desktops/computers in some form. Please make sure that the application is not mobile friendly only.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

I actually only use these sites on a desktop as well, so that was my main priority tbh.

I think fashmates is probably the stronger of the two. I'd say let's go with that unless anyone has any major objections to it.

You can find me here: https://www.fashmates.com/jewellravenlock/looks
George Orwell 1984

Return to “Thoughts at Large”