In Memory of Dansantes

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

In Memory of Dansantes

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Over the years we have lost roleplayers for many reasons, the hardest, of course, is when they move on to the next plane.

Yesterday, some members of the RP community received news that the player behind Dansantes and former Duel of Magic Supervisor has passed away. Jax was an active part of our community and a gifted storyteller. She was also the creative force behind Jack Scot as well as numerous characters from the Times of Tribulation and Lyran Tal RP/writing groups. She was, as the saying goes, good people.

Here is a link to her obituary if anyone would like to leave a message for her family.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Re: In Memory of Dansantes

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Such a loss for our community and the world <3
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Dangit. :(

She was a wonderful person, and well-loved. She will truly be missed.
Lucy Mitford
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lucy Mitford »

I don't have a folder yet here (I'm working on it) so I hope you'll allow my posting here.

Jack Scot has long been an important part of Lucy's story. Although we had not written much over the last couple years as Jack's writer focused on other things, I will always be grateful for the short but precious time I had with her.

She was talented and original. Generous with her time, her creativity, and her writing. I am so saddened by her loss---for her family and friends, and everyone here who had the opportunity to be creative with her and get to know her on any level.

I can think of no better way to honor her than to share one of the last scenes we wrote together. Crow and Ribbons. It's a bit long but I did not want to edit it for obvious reasons. The ending is painful and lovely.

Lucy still has one pale pink ribbon of Jack's magic. Someday, I will find a way to finish this last tendril of Jack's storytelling. But for now, as a writer, I treasure it.
Sulissurn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sulissurn »

I remember this character from when I first started role playing on AOL. It wasn't until a few years ago that I finally had the chance to actually role play with them, with Suliss'. She tried so hard to steal one of his ribbons, and it was such a glorious scene that I still remember it.

I will miss Jax and mourn them greatly, as will Suliss'. My heart to her friends and family, in real life and here on the internet.
The saints can't help me now; the ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallowed ground
I want to find you, tear out all your tenderness and
howl, howl, howl.
Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Pharlen »

My beloved ribbon-man. Delightfully dedicated to venery and yet somehow, a stern and cold king. JackScott's player was simply wonderful, and so funny, so intelligent, and just a wonderful friend.

It was a hard blow when I was told Jaxx was gone. Just to lose her so suddenly was awful. Her wonderful voice will always be remembered.

I know that Jack Scott will be forever tramping the realities and finding fun and adventure and love and lust wherever he goes, sharing ribbons or keeping them for himself, and remembering when he remembers and forgetting merrily.

He was truly an archetype, and so was Jaxx.

Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”