Cross-Community Event Mapping

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Cross-Community Event Mapping

Post by Hope »

For some time I've been thinking about a way to easily track events as they happen on the RoH and on the RDI. Kal's google calender for IFL worked really well so I was wondering if there'd be a way to set one up for both communities. If there'd be a way to integrate a miniature calender too maybe where the weather widgets are, that'd be exactly what I was thinking.

I'm more just curious if this is possible and if we could pull it off. Any thoughts on the matter pro/con or if it's even feasible are more than appreciated. I think it'd be a way to really help with event planning and potentially help turnouts for both sites since some people don't actively cross over.
Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

I don't know how to do this, but I like it.

-thumbs up-
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

I started trying to make this a thing in Google calendar, got stuck and confused, and then didn't bother Kal about it as planned.

So, a calendar exists but I need to figure out how to share it.
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I just wanted to give this a little bump. It's great that the RDI just opened their calendar up to submissions. But having a place where we could see all the upcoming events at a glance would be amazing. We can't always avoid scheduling things on top of each other, but I know it's something I'm concerned with and a cross-community calendar with challenges, tournaments, and special events would be so very helpful!

Happy to work on this or manage this if it's something I can help with.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”