Flash chat and Chrome

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Flash chat and Chrome

Post by Andrea Anderson »

How many of you have been having issues with chat brightness changes and text-changes when it comes to chrome? Is this a chrome-only issue, or does switching to another browser fix it?

Edit: NM about the history thing. Fixed it since it was a SafeScript update that blocked it.
Last edited by Andrea Anderson on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Omg I thought it was just me! And then I thought I was imagining it. My text is all wrong.
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Yeah, I've had the same issue with chrome. I had to bump the chat font size up another level to make it readable.. though then it was oddly too large for me to follow the whole room.

I haven't messed around with enough settings or gone flash bug hunting to see if this is fixable yet. If I stumble across anything though I'll report back.

In the meantime, my experience with Firefox hasn't changed - so I'd go that route until some other solution comes along.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

JewellRavenlock wrote:Omg I thought it was just me! And then I thought I was imagining it. My text is all wrong.
Are you having issues with opening tabs and not getting a page with your past history too?
Kalamere wrote:In the meantime, my experience with Firefox hasn't changed - so I'd go that route until some other solution comes along.
Ugh. FireFox had memory issues when I last used it. I wonder how Opera would go.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Like this?
Click to make it bigger. That's a side by side comparison of Chrome on the left, Firefox on the right, both with the same settings. I showed Emerson uhhh what was it, yesterday maybe? I think. I can't remember. I'm just gonna stick with FF for now.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Verdana text in the options makes it look a little better, at least for me. Colors like light pink and such were for some reason coming off as brighter in Ariel. Also it looks like times new roman isn't switching on Chrome.

Edit: Switching the public background to white made the brightness issue a little less too.
Last edited by Andrea Anderson on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Claire Farron wrote:Like this?
Click to make it bigger. That's a side by side comparison of Chrome on the left, Firefox on the right, both with the same settings. I showed Emerson uhhh what was it, yesterday maybe? I think. I can't remember. I'm just gonna stick with FF for now.
yeah it looks exactly like that.

Add on: Background color for flash chat on ROH is #EBDBBC. Replacing it with #ebd7bc makes it not as bright, at least for me, but there's still the issue with text.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Not positive, but I think the flash text thing is being addressed here:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... ?id=615375

If I'm following along correction there is a fix as of yesterday, but I can't say when that will be dropped into a chrome update.

~Kal
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Good find, Kal! Guess it's a waiting game then.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Looks okay in Microsoft Edge (IE :( )
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”