Episode VII

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

Xavior Mues
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Episode VII

Post by Xavior Mues »

Just wasted 38$ on seeing the new Star Wars in D-Box. When the lynch mob forms I'll bring the rope.
Awkward
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Awkward »

Weird. I've heard nothing but good things about the film.
Patches Gasps!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

I thought it was awesome but maybe because I only spent $11 on it?
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

NEEEEEERDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

On the real though. Are theaters legit getting that more expensive now? Or was that with drink / etc included?
Xavior Mues
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Xavior Mues »

That's two tickets in D-Box seats. D-Box seats are adjustably interactive, well, built in speakers, they vibrate, and they move and jiggle in a 3D theatre. It was a birthday present for someone so I went all out.
The best thing I saw was the X-Men Apocalypse trailer.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

I'd be upset too if I just paid $38 to watch a 2015 version of A New Hope. I only paid $9.25.
Charlie Nine
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: When he wanted to be found, it was likely the dueling venues or Triple A MMA

Post by Charlie Nine »

::Peeking his head out of the locker room.:: You whine like a mule. You are still alive. Enjoy the return of the greatness!
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

Xavior Mues
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Xavior Mues »

Disney ripping-off episode IV and VI (The shield thing) bothers me less than the total disregard for the Star Wars time line. I understand that certain modifications must be made when transferring literature to film, but dammitt!! I could rattle on for thirty minutes about the inaccuracies in this new cash grab and don't get it twisted this new series is a Disney cash grab.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

First rule when dealing with so-called extended universe stories, including fan fiction, is that the original creator has the right to say "it doesn't exist." I seem to recall Lucas saying something like that at some point.

I enjoyed the movie. Some films, you need to shut your brain off for and just enjoy the show.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

The large majority of the so called EU has been thrown out, thank the maker. So much of it was utter and total crap, especially the Thrawn trilogy which gave us such wonderful gems like "Darth Vader losing his hand as punishment because the first Death Star blew up" from the so-called "Emperors Hand" who you never see nor hear of in anything other that the books. I could go on and on, but the EU was such garbage. Boba Fett a former governor before he became a bounty hunter, what?
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Post by Spell »

Remember that the Galactic Empire brought stability to the galaxy and that the dirty rebel scum ruined everything. Big papa Palps made sure that the bloated and corrupt Old Republic got what was coming to it and ruled the galaxy as it was meant to be. All hail Palpatine, dirty Jedi deserve to be six feet under.

EU sucks btw. They might have picked through some of the EU stuff to get ideas, but much of this new film was a rehash of a new hope. There is a set canon to starwars now, everything in the EU is set as not part of it. If you're interested in the new timeline, here's an official picture of it.

There's more to it, along with some stuff that bridges Ep 6 into 7, which is why some things might seem confusing to viewers since they felt the need to not explain it all in film and expect you to buy the book / comic / etc to get the full detail.

But I agree 100%. This, like the whole Marvels universe, is just a cash grab. But, hey, I can't blame Disney for that. They are marketing people who are willing to shell out the cash for rehashes, so might as well do it! It's good business.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”